Cruise credits for a charter cruise?

We've received credits for the charters we've been on. We aren't Diamond so cannot tell you about the lounge.

Thanks! This cruise will get us very close to Diamond + so we were concerned about whether the cruise would "count" or not.

The Diamond lounge being open will depend on the company that chartered the cruise.

+1 on this - you need to contact the travel agent coordinating your charter - they'll be able to tell you the most, and ideally should have some sort of 'help desk' during the cruise - separate from the guest relations desk - dealing with just these sort of questions.

We've done two charters on the Liberty. Both times the Concierge Lounge was open, but not the Diamond Lounge. The group that organized the charter took it for themselves so that they could oversee the activities on deck. (They were both rock cruises and a special stage was built over the pool.) In both cases, both of the groups of passengers were primarily new to RCI and cruising. On the website for the cruise, I think only one diamond couple complained about not being able to access the diamond lounge.

We did receive C&A points for both cruises including additional Diamonds in December points for the first one.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for your responses. I asked my TA to check with the charter sponsor and he said that the DL would be open but now I'm not too sure. Not really a problem but would be nice.

I was told the opposite that the diamond lounge would not be opened. guess really won't know till we are on the cruise.

Do you know anything about stock benefits?

thanks!

I was just reading on here (I've been researching charters all day)

That sometimes the travel agents use the diamond lounge for themselves. It wasn't the same agents as the WDM cruise though...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was told the opposite that the diamond lounge would not be opened. guess really won't know till we are on the cruise.

Do you know anything about stock benefits?

thanks!

Here is the info on the shareholder benefit:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Thanks for your responses. I asked my TA to check with the charter sponsor and he said that the DL would be open but now I'm not too sure. Not really a problem but would be nice.

Enjoy your chartered sailing...

We wish you all a fun time, but do save a few for us.

We will be getting on the Brilliance the day that you are getting off.

Wishing you all smooth sailing....

Dorothy

Talked with RCL no cruise credit no diamond lounge no incentive parties only thing you get is priority boarding.

I looked into the provider of cruise and was told they have checkered history. According to RCL they are only providing ship and its normal crew. Acts are by the charter company. As travel Zoo is provider even if they fall through on promises you can go back and get your money back.

Hope everything works out but is not my type of cruise.

Interesting--I was told upfront by the agency that while we were not allowed to use any c&a points, certificates or coupons, we would still receive credit for time sailed on a RCCL ship.

Doesn't really matter--we don't get hung up in the emerald, diamond blah blah. That's not why we are going.

Jennifer & Jay

Canon City, CO

Archived