Insurance question

steve4031

Greetings,

Gf and I have a close friend who is in late 80s and could die. If this happened right around our cruise, we would not want to go. The insurance from travelex states death of family members. Does anybody have experience with this? We are traveling at the end of June.

Thanks.

Greetings,

Gf and I have a close friend who is in late 80s and could die. If this happened right around our cruise, we would not want to go. The insurance from travelex states death of family members. Does anybody have experience with this? We are traveling at the end of June.

Thanks.

Close friend would not qualify I'm sorry to say.

The only option I can think of was already mentioned. That would be "Cancel For Any Reason"

IF you purchased Carnivals insurance, the Cancel For Any Reason rider is already included. However, you must cancel at least 48 hours prior to departure AND it's only good for 75% Future cruise credit. No cash back

If you purchased insurance from a 3rd party, you're most likely out of luck. The any reason rider, in most cases, needs to be purchased within X number of days of initial deposit.

Your friend is blessed to have someone who loves them this much....

sadly close friends would not qualify.

IF the Travel Agent gave you Carnival's travel insurance, the "cancel for any reason" is included for free....the catch (and there is always one) is that you do not get your money back. You get 75% of your cruise price applied to a future Carnival cruise.

The reason for the catch is that this cancel for any reason is free. Most travel insurance charges double for this benefit.

Thx for your answer. She is indeed blessed. And so am I for having a great GF. I don't know what will happen. If there is a decision to be made about this well make at that time. It may work out that it is not an issue.

I can always ask if carnival will work something out for us. Or the TA. It's a big agency and they might have some influence. If not, it's my fault for not doing do diligence on the insurance.

Thx for your answer. She is indeed blessed. And so am I for having a great GF. I don't know what will happen. If there is a decision to be made about this well make at that time. It may work out that it is not an issue.

I can always ask if carnival will work something out for us. Or the TA. It's a big agency and they might have some influence. If not, it's my fault for not doing do diligence on the insurance.

Don't expect any help from Carnival if you end up canceling at the last minute. If they did something for you, what's the point in paying for insurance?

I am sailing on Carnival Fascination in late August. Does anyone know if that ship has the Punchliner Comedy Brunch during sea days? The menu looks amazing. Thanks in advance. doug

Did you post this in the wrong area?

Archived