Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

You make a good point. There is already a lot of color in that back area and the pink bear may not be as "visible" from a distance.

Looks like they are painting the rock wall.

ae4b51dbf854173bb9894c2d703c52b2.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

3975c23e3ec3f2093c8a12a4ea7381e7.jpg

EDIT: Also a view of the moved movie screen (wrapped up) and what's left of its footings (in foreground).

Interesting... any idea what's up with the movie screen? Is this just a temporary move? or...?

Interesting... any idea what's up with the movie screen? Is this just a temporary move? or...?

My guess is that the current movie screen location is just temporary and will be moved back. With RCI though we can never say never as we see how they like to mix things up and keep surprising us.

Unfortunately for guests, but luckily for the crew, the bow - deck 6 (lower interior) & deck 7(outside area/open deck) - is for the crew only. This from crew's ship signage:

2c46e662faaf2db55c543564e9ebb2c3.jpg

3e6f08e146eaae84243d6224d8195706.jpg

c30b59ddd36ed90f6304e18b5631d271.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Watching those painters rigged up to paint the lettering over Two70 I am thinking of making a list of jobs that they couldn't pay me enough to do.

That would be one and painting the rock wall would be another. :eek:

I would want nothing to do with North Star or I Fly either.

I guess I am only cut out to be a Passenger.:)

Denise

Unfortunately for guests, but luckily for the crew, the bow - deck 6 (lower interior) & deck 7(outside area/open deck) - is for the crew only. This from crew's ship signage:

Interesting to see that some off those blank white areas forward are actually crew cabins. Possibly officers?

Well that clears everything and we don't have to speculate anymore about this forwad section. Great for the crew and well deserved.

Well that clears everything and we don't have to speculate anymore about this forwad section. Great for the crew and well deserved.

Yes.

The signage also mentions the Schooner Bar for anyone who is still wondering if it is on the ship. As to where on the ship, we'll find out soon.

Yes.

The signage also mentions the Schooner Bar for anyone who is still wondering if it is on the ship. As to where on the ship, we'll find out soon.

There are a lot of people here who have asked about the Schooner Bar. This should be good news for them.

With respect to the forward open deck at the bow, I wonder if the same would eventually be done on other ships, i.e. Crew Only area. Right now guest are allowed on the open forward deck at the bow of Voyager, Freedom and Oasis Class ship. Not sure about the othership classes since I have not sailed on them.

There are a lot of people here who have asked about the Schooner Bar. This should be good news for them.

With respect to the forward open deck at the bow, I wonder if the same would eventually be done on other ships, i.e. Crew Only area. Right now guest are allowed on the open forward deck at the bow of Voyager, Freedom and Oasis Class ship. Not sure about the othership classes since I have not sailed on them.

Passengers can go on the bow of radiance, voyager, and freedom classes. They're not allowed on Oasis's bow.

RCI PR tweet.

This is what we call a test drive! Quantum of the Seas is off for her second set of sea trials.

Bz09RDaIYAAGQNB.jpg:large

Doesn't that screen looks like it's going to be there permanently?

I agree - I think it's a permanent move

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

At least you're still over the ship. How about the North Star in this position ...

2f7df384a4caec6c06042119f0e200ab.jpg

I think some will be thankful when the North Star is parked. The North Star Bar is a few steps away for a drink to settle the nerves. :D

OK, so seeing as my balcony is going to be viewed by North Star, looks like no naked sunbathing for me!! :(

RCI PR tweet.

This is what we call a test drive! Quantum of the Seas is off for her second set of sea trials.

Bz09RDaIYAAGQNB.jpg:large

Doesn't that screen looks like it's going to be there permanently?

Not sure about everyone else, but I prefer this. It makes the area look much larger. If you look at the wave pool concept art you can see a row of loungers at the entrance to the pool. With the TV where it was I'm not sure that would have been possible so that art may have been done with it already planned to be moved.

Not sure about everyone else, but I prefer this. It makes the area look much larger. If you look at the wave pool concept art you can see a row of loungers at the entrance to the pool. With the TV where it was I'm not sure that would have been possible so that art may have been done with it already planned to be moved.

I like how it doesn't overpower the pool deck, it's more off to the side and out of the way.

I have a few minutes to spare before a long walk outside in some beautiful fall weather. Time enough to speculate.

What can be seen of Izumi on deck 5 over Michael's Genuine Pub:

d25d3686cb5b52e3029cac835790dcd1.jpg

Looking like a photo posted a while back (where the red glass panels are exposed unlike photo above where they are covered to protect them). I had wondered if it was Izumi. Think that it is.

bdfb10e6cc4107310201e3b53a76762a.jpg

Well, that wasn't very exciting.

Now if only we could locate the Schooner Bar. :D

EDIT: Do most of the existing ones have a compass image on the floor? I Googled 'Schooner Bar', and most of the images that came up had one.

Edited by Lloyd555

According to a thread on the main boards she has an issue and has suspended her sea trials to head to Hamburg for dry docking. Not sure what could be going on but any time a ship returns to dry dock this late is not good. The last I can remember is Liberty (or Freedom, freedom class for sure) that needed a dirty bearing replaced and due to the build cycle at Turku (dry dock already filled) had to do it in Germany after delivery (a few days earlier than scheduled to accommodate it). This does not sound as planned for if true. Needing dry dock means it has to be mechanical and not just installing something else.

btw, just got this reply from Royal Caribbean's PR account:

Quote:

@DMPicone Good eye Derek. Yes, the TV relocation is permanent.

Thanks for the update on this. Good thing I left room for change when I responded to someone here as to what I would guess and then said -

"With RCI though we can never say never as we see how they like to mix things up and keep surprising us".

This is a surprise as no other ship in the fleet has the movie screen in this location.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser