Next cruise certificate question

We purchased a NCC last year on the Jewel. We did not have it assigned to our travel agent, now I want to book our next cruise through our agent. How do I do this? Where do I find the form to fill out to transfer the booking? Also am I correct in thinking that the booking gives us reduced deposit and on board credit. Our next cruise is a 6 nightwear so I should get $100.00 on board credit? Thanks for the help....

We purchased a NCC last year on the Jewel. We did not have it assigned to our travel agent, now I want to book our next cruise through our agent. How do I do this? Where do I find the form to fill out to transfer the booking? Also am I correct in thinking that the booking gives us reduced deposit and on board credit. Our next cruise is a 6 nightwear so I should get $100.00 on board credit? Thanks for the help....

You can use the form linked on the page below to transfer the NCC to the travel agent:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2004&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

Just contact your TA they should have the proper forms.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Here is a link to the transfer form:

TA_TransferForm.pdf

It is not necessary to fax it. If you don't want to be bothered the easiest way is just to fill out the form online, email it directly to your travel agent and they take care of it.

Edited by varoo

anyone have a copy of the Next Cruise form??

All I have is this from Royal's website:

US Residents: Guest will receive an onboard booking bonus in the value of $25-$200 per stateroom in onboard credit and a reduced deposit of $100 per guest. Deposit for NextCruise Decide Later bookings is non-refundable. Suites (category GS and above) require full deposit. Maximum ONE onboard booking bonus per stateroom can be applied to a NextCruise booking. Onboard booking bonus value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom, when ship and sailing date is selected. NextCruise onboard booking bonus is not combinable with discount offers except Crown & Anchor Society Platinum and Diamond Balcony Discounts and Savings Certificates. Converting a NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking to select restricted fares is prohibited. Full deposit amounts range from $100-$900 per person. Deposit amounts vary by reservation, some deposits are non-refundable. If a NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels for any reason, guest may apply for a refund, less the value of the initial NextCruise deposit. NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking is non transferable to another guest or another booking. A NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking may be transferred into a group once it is converted to the specific sailing and full deposit is collected. Shareholder onboard credits and other onboard credit or dollars off promotions are not combinable with the onboard credit for booking a NextCruise onboard. There is no expiration date on a NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking. A NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International®.

Canadian Residents: Guest will receive an onboard booking bonus in the value of $25-$200 per stateroom in onboard credit and a reduced deposit of $100 per guest. Deposit for NextCruise Decide Later bookings is non-refundable. Suites (category GS and above) require full deposit. Maximum ONE onboard booking bonus per stateroom can be applied to a NextCruise booking. Onboard booking bonus value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom, when ship and sailing date is selected. NextCruise onboard booking bonus is not combinable with discount offers except Crown & Anchor Society Platinum and Diamond Balcony Discounts and Savings Certificates. Converting a NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking to select restricted fares is prohibited. Full deposit amounts range from $100-$900 per person. Deposit amounts vary by reservation, some deposits are non-refundable. If a NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels for any reason, guest may apply for a refund, less the value of the initial NextCruise deposit. Guest may apply the value of their NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International® individual cruise. The NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking can be transferred to another guest. A NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking may be moved into a group once it is converted to the specific sailing and full deposit is collected. Shareholder onboard credits and other onboard credit or dollars off promotions are not combinable with the onboard credit for booking a NextCruise onboard. There is no expiration date on a NextCruise Decide Later “open” booking. A NextCruise Decide Later "open" booking is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International®.

Credit varies by number of sailing nights. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice, and is non-transferable. This offer can only be combined with the Platinum Diamond CAS discount or a CAS Savings Certificate. This offer cannot be combined with another Onboard credit on the same reservation. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply.

1. Onboard Booking Bonus is an onboard credit valid for new individual bookings onboard any Royal Caribbean ship. When reserving, applicable offer code and loyalty number must be referenced. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice and is not-transferable. This offer can only be used with the Platinum Diamond CAS discount or a CAS Savings Certificate. This offer cannot be combined with another onboard credit on the same reservation. The Onboard Booking Bonus is in US dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply. Offer must be submitted in the reservation by the Loyalty & Cruise Sales Manager or Associate at time of booking to be valid.

2. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members . Savings are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable offer code and loyalty number must be referenced. This offer can only be used ith the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates and space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor members will receive an increased discount for booking a saildate outside of 6 months. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive toll-free number (888) 437-1953 to make arrangements.

3. Crown & Anchor Savings Certificates is a discount off and apply to a select number of ships and sail dates. Savings are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable offer code and loyalty number must be referenced. . This offer can only be used with the Onboard Booking Bonus for a select number of ships and sail dates while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sailing date and space is subject to availability at time of reservation. When reserving through a travel agency, the certificate must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation. Certificate must be submitted to Royal Caribbean PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT of before the certificate expiration date, whichever is earlier.

Thanks bob........I am looking for a copy of the form you fill out for a NC

Here's the old form :D:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/11025354_NextCruise_TA_Booklet_Form.pdf

Scratch the one above....here's the new form:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

The 2 we purchased on Vision are dated March 1, and they have the F&F certificates. It changed sometime before we returned home on March 8...no more F&F certificates. EDIT: it looks like it changed March 16th.

I should have tried to save both of them....but I couldn't resist, I used one of them to book a Hawaii cruise. :D:o:D

Edited by Coralc

Thanks bob........I am looking for a copy of the form you fill out for a NC

You probably know this but before you go on your next cruise the form will be in your edocs - partially completed.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/11025354_NextCruise_TA_Booklet_Form.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

The 2 we purchased on Vision are dated March 1, and they have the F&F certificates. It changed sometime before we returned home on March 8...no more F&F certificates. EDIT: it looks like it changed March 16th.

I should have tried to save both of them....but I couldn't resist, I used one of them to book a Hawaii cruise. :D:o:D

Thanks so much!! Don't blame you for not holding onto them both,:)

You probably know this but before you go on your next cruise the form will be in your edocs - partially completed.

Thanks.....I did know,but I appreciate the info..

Thanks for this. The main difference I see is the lack of the checkbox to signify that you want to own the NC as opposed to the travel agent.

Thanks for this. The main difference I see is the lack of the checkbox to signify that you want to own the NC as opposed to the travel agent.

I noticed that too....:confused: so Im guessing it automatically goes to whoever you booked the cruise you are on with.

I noticed that too....:confused: so Im guessing it automatically goes to whoever you booked the cruise you are on with.

Yes. I used the new form on Monarch's second to last cruise. Not seeing the checkbox, I wrote "No travel agent" on the form. The LA then took out another form (should have kept a copy:() I had to fill out on which I had to give a reason why I didn't want to assign the NC to the travel agent. His feeling was that Royal has received complaints from travel agents accusing Royal of stealing their customers, so Royal now wants a better paper trail for this situation.

By the way, I always use a travel agent, but find that I like the flexibility to make the booking 24/7.

• 3 months later...
Yes. I used the new form on Monarch's second to last cruise. Not seeing the checkbox, I wrote "No travel agent" on the form. The LA then took out another form (should have kept a copy:() I had to fill out on which I had to give a reason why I didn't want to assign the NC to the travel agent. His feeling was that Royal has received complaints from travel agents accusing Royal of stealing their customers, so Royal now wants a better paper trail for this situation.

By the way, I always use a travel agent, but find that I like the flexibility to make the booking 24/7.

Usually there are forms to fill in and drop in the box. The LA never discusses NextCruises with me. When I am there it is very busy and there is an appointment book for people who want to book a cruise. Did the LA contact you after you dropped it in the box? I think I better fill in the form on day one instead of waiting until the end of the cruise and politely interrupt to request No TA assignment. I also like the flexibility of using different TA's and usually transfer the booking to an agency. I saw you can also use a NextCruise as gifts. The recipient wouldn't necessarily want to use my TA to book their vacation.

Usually there are forms to fill in and drop in the box. The LA never discusses NextCruises with me. When I am there it is very busy and there is an appointment book for people who want to book a cruise. Did the LA contact you after you dropped it in the box? I think I better fill in the form on day one instead of waiting until the end of the cruise and politely interrupt to request No TA assignment. I also like the flexibility of using different TA's and usually transfer the booking to an agency. I saw you can also use a NextCruise as gifts. The recipient wouldn't necessarily want to use my TA to book their vacation.

I just write "NO TRAVEL AGENT" prominently on the form and it has worked for me.

• 3 months later...

You really wonder where RCI's head is. We got caught in this trap too two days ago. Yes, you can transfer to another agent but to do this TWO forms need to be completed. One by the agent on the form. (yes, cakll them and inform them that you are booking acruise and you chose a competitor. Boy will they be happy (NOT!). Then your new TA has to fill out a form.

So the C&A LOYALTY person on the ship (never reachable after you depart) is not loyal to you but to the agent that booked your cruise. And I couldn't report theem to RCI

More folks got caught with this trap.

It was the only MAJOR problem on our cruise

Steve

You really wonder where RCI's head is. We got caught in this trap too two days ago. Yes, you can transfer to another agent but to do this TWO forms need to be completed. One by the agent on the form. (yes, cakll them and inform them that you are booking acruise and you chose a competitor. Boy will they be happy (NOT!). Then your new TA has to fill out a form.

So the C&A LOYALTY person on the ship (never reachable after you depart) is not loyal to you but to the agent that booked your cruise. And I couldn't report theem to RCI

More folks got caught with this trap.

It was the only MAJOR problem on our cruise

Steve

This is nothing new and has been the policy since NextCruise bookings became available. When ever you create a NC or even book a Future Cruise, it will automatically be assigned to the TA on file for the cruise you are on.

You must let them know at the time you are creating your booking who you want that booking assigned to.

So . . . When I purchased 3 NCC last month, I filled out 3 forms for the LA saying that I wanted the certificates not to be assigned to my agent. I did this so that I can call RC or another TA if I see a super deal that I want to act on immediately. I am assuming I can always turn a certificate over to my regular TA if I chose. Was this the way to go? :)

So . . . When I purchased 3 NCC last month, I filled out 3 forms for the LA saying that I wanted the certificates not to be assigned to my agent. I did this so that I can call RC or another TA if I see a super deal that I want to act on immediately. I am assuming I can always turn a certificate over to my regular TA if I chose. Was this the way to go? :)

Yes. Once you convert your NC into a specific booking, you have 60 days to transfer it to a TA.

Edited by cruisenfever

I just mentioned the NCC # to my TA and he/she took care of it with. Easy as pie.

Which agent? The issue is that you need to call the agent whose name is on the NCC and tell them that you want to use a DIFFERENT agent. If you are always using same agent it is not an issue. But if changing agents, BOTH need to fill out forms.

S

• 2 months later...

Yes-- I do enjoy RCCL ships but RCCL has NEVER figured out how to bring their systems up to date? They make great ships but terrible at administering their bookings? A customer is told that they may use any agent on any future open ended booking but you have to go back to the 80's and FAX a transfer form? The ONLY company that does this is RCCL? Terrible system and I have pleaded with RCCL many times to update their systems because it affects their agents, other travel agents and most importantly --their customers that they would like as repeat customers???? Adam--why don't you do something about this????

Yes-- I do enjoy RCCL ships but RCCL has NEVER figured out how to bring their systems up to date? They make great ships but terrible at administering their bookings? A customer is told that they may use any agent on any future open ended booking but you have to go back to the 80's and FAX a transfer form? The ONLY company that does this is RCCL? Terrible system and I have pleaded with RCCL many times to update their systems because it affects their agents, other travel agents and most importantly --their customers that they would like as repeat customers???? Adam--why don't you do something about this????

My guess is that they like that it's difficult to move bookings to a travel agent.

Well with the NEW scheduke of OBCs with Open Booking - it went from $100 to $50 and even $26 on Inside - they will not be selling many. All certs before March 15, 2014 will be grandfathered in at old chart but any after that date are not worth buying for such a low return. RCCL wants out of open bookings. That simple.

There was to be an announcement on April 15th about Savings Certs but i haven't heard anything yet.

Steve

Well with the NEW scheduke of OBCs with Open Booking - it went from $100 to $50 and even $26 on Inside - they will not be selling many. All certs before March 15, 2014 will be grandfathered in at old chart but any after that date are not worth buying for such a low return. RCCL wants out of open bookings. That simple.

There was to be an announcement on April 15th about Savings Certs but i haven't heard anything yet.

Steve

Link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2026449

Edited by Coralc