Anyone stay in 11910 on the Breakaway?

skeeter195

We have 6 NCL cruises under our belts, all balconies and suites. This will be our first aft balcony though. The price was to good to pass up. Just wondering if it is bigger inside. I know the balcony is at 103 sq feet, but the inside looks bigger also from the deck plan. Also, how is the noise back there from both the wash and Spice H2O. We sleep with the balcony door open. Thanks

I'll be on the other side in 312 but don't sail until last week in August. This cabin also appears to be larger but who knows. Only pics I have seen are ship AFT views and the balcony does look to be slightly wider than others. Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

As for the noise from above. I had a cabin on deck 14 but moved to deck 11. I'm very touchy when it comes to noise so will definitely share my opinion on this when I get back for what it is worth.

We have 6 NCL cruises under our belts, all balconies and suites. This will be our first aft balcony though. The price was to good to pass up. Just wondering if it is bigger inside. I know the balcony is at 103 sq feet, but the inside looks bigger also from the deck plan. Also, how is the noise back there from both the wash and Spice H2O. We sleep with the balcony door open. Thanks

Not sure about the size but as far as the noise goes i just got off the breakaway today. I was on deck 13 third to last cabin from the back. The noise from spice was very loud till 1am almost every night. I could even feel the bass with the door closed. This was very disappointing as I love to sit on the balcony at night. Not sure if it will be as bad from deck 11 though. I complained after the second night and was told that it is an ongoing issue and their have been a lot of complaints. Good news is that ncl compensated us very well for the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on a ship tour aboard breakaway yesterday and was able to snag some pictures of our 11910. He was still making up the cabin so it was messy (this obviously was not a room on the tour, I snuck to see it LOL), but here it is:

DSC00158_zpse2b3d4ee.jpg

DSC00157_zps01843756.jpg

DSC00156_zpsc24c23d4.jpg

DSC00152_zps11c204a1.jpg

Not sure if this may be an issue for you since I don't know when you are sailing, but Breakaway is built with energy efficiency in mind so if the balcony doors are open the A/C system in the cabin turns off. From what I heard there is no way to get around this as not only does the door need to be closed but the handle on door needs to be facing totally straight up in lock position or the A/C will not turn on.

Not sure about the size but as far as the noise goes i just got off the breakaway today. I was on deck 13 third to last cabin from the back. The noise from spice was very loud till 1am almost every night. I could even feel the bass with the door closed. This was very disappointing as I love to sit on the balcony at night. Not sure if it will be as bad from deck 11 though. I complained after the second night and was told that it is an ongoing issue and their have been a lot of complaints. Good news is that ncl compensated us very well for the issue.

In regard to the OP who was on deck 13 in the rear that had a noise issue from Spice on deck 16. We are sailing in Oct. and are also booked in a cabin on deck 13. We are located 18 cabins from the rear. Should we be concerned about the noise from Spice?

I was on a ship tour aboard breakaway yesterday and was able to snag some pictures of our 11910. He was still making up the cabin so it was messy (this obviously was not a room on the tour, I snuck to see it LOL), but here it is:

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

So it looks like the only benefit to the cutout is that the closet might be a little deeper, and the indent where the bed is might be a little larger than other staterooms

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

So it looks like the only benefit to the cutout is that the closet might be a little deeper, and the indent where the bed is might be a little larger than other staterooms

Yes, exactly. Closet was big and the room felt wide. The room steward was there. I got his name, but I will butcher it! I think it was Jomar. But he's there in that section through January, so he'll be our steward and yours as well. What a nice man!! He was cleaning it, but let me in quickly to take some pics (hope that doesn't get him in trouble - he was working so hard!!). Looking forward to having him as our steward. Loved the size of the balcony. But I peeked over the wall to the S6 and OMG that's some balcony! lol

But overall, looks like a nice room - very excited. Take good care of it! I'm there the week after you. If you get loungers, tell him to keep them there. I want loungers on the balcony!

Edited by youngestof9

Yes, exactly. Closet was big and the room felt wide. The room steward was there. I got his name, but I will butcher it! I think it was Jomar. But he's there in that section through January, so he'll be our steward and yours as well. What a nice man!! He was cleaning it, but let me in quickly to take some pics (hope that doesn't get him in trouble - he was working so hard!!). Looking forward to having him as our steward. Loved the size of the balcony. But I peeked over the wall to the S6 and OMG that's some balcony! lol

But overall, looks like a nice room - very excited. Take good care of it! I'm there the week after you. If you get loungers, tell him to keep them there. I want loungers on the balcony!

Thanks!

I also want loungers on the balcony, and if they are not there, I will ask for them, and also mention to "Jomar" to leave them for you :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just switched from deck 12 to 11910...I really wanted the bed near the balcony... From your pictures It looks like that's the case... How was the room??? I sail in January and am dying to know!

Stayed in 11910 this past October. The room is great! Not larger than any other balcony cabin but bigger than our hotel room in NY! We could hear the parties at Spice H2O but it wasn't loud enough to bother us.

We loved it. Quiet, big enough, had no problem ever finding our way because you just keep walking to the back on the left side of the ship.... The balcony is big enough for the 2 recliners and a table, probably could fit 1 more chair. Our room was always clean, the only problem was a hair in 2 different glasses. Asked the Stewardess (What was her name, hmmm.) to change all the glasses in the room and she did it right away.

I just switched from deck 12 to 11910...I really wanted the bed near the balcony... From your pictures It looks like that's the case... How was the room??? I sail in January and am dying to know!