Everything quantum!!!!!!

Thanks for posting some of those renderings!

The one thing that bothers me is that the ship is not even built yet, and the teenagers are already trashing it with their feet on the furniture! ;)

Eric

Eric - that is so funny, because I saw that in the renderings and thought the same thing... :D

I'm hoping there is a quiet bar with sea views somewhere on this ship. On all the other ships, the Viking Crown Lounge served that purpose, but there is no equivalent on Quantum. You might argue Two70 is similar, but the venue is huge, and when filled with however many people chatting there is no way it will have the same atmosphere.

I'm hoping there is a quiet bar with sea views somewhere on this ship. On all the other ships, the Viking Crown Lounge served that purpose, but there is no equivalent on Quantum. You might argue Two70 is similar, but the venue is huge, and when filled with however many people chatting there is no way it will have the same atmosphere.

Agreed! We would hit the VC Lounge for cocktails and a quiet game of cards with friends once in awhile. This place is going to be packed and I can see ppl getting there early in the morning to save seats by the windows in the colder weather too.

Hmmm....Meyer Werft hasn't updated their webcam since 08/08/13. 6 days...

Maybe they're moving things around / mural is finished on Getaway and getting ready to float out? AND move the webcam to the back half of the hall to Quantum? Sounds like a great idea to me!

Edited by hitaway4

Hmmm....Meyer Werft hasn't updated their webcam since 08/08/13. 6 days...

Maybe they're moving things around / mural is finished on Getaway and getting ready to float out? AND move the webcam to the back half of the hall to Quantum? Sounds like a great idea to me!

I noticed the date hasn't changed since the 8th either. Although for some odd reason, one I can't even explain, I keep checking the webcam every single day and I have noticed the picture has changed every time. So the picture is being updated but they aren't updating the date of the picture. The mural is making good progress, you can just see it if you look close!

Once that mural gets finished, it won't be too long!

Grabbed a still from the Two70 video - looks like there will be a Park Cafe. Although, as someone else pointing out, I don't think it'll be named Park Cafe since there isn't a park around. :)

Cannot wait for more information on this ship!!!!

Here's the link to the video:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/359/an-architectural-marvel-in-the-making-quantum-of-the-seas-two70-to-wow-guests/

screenshot3.jpg.f74286087b180cb68026dfb8199e50c4.jpg

Grabbed a still from the Two70 video - looks like there will be a Park Cafe. Although, as someone else pointing out, I don't think it'll be named Park Cafe since there isn't a park around. :)

Cannot wait for more information on this ship!!!!

Here's the link to the video:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/359/an-architectural-marvel-in-the-making-quantum-of-the-seas-two70-to-wow-guests/

I believe it will still be called the park cafe. At this point many Royal ships have the eatery and do not have any park at all.

As someone who actually plays minecraft, I can say this is not the only cruise ship build ive seen. The site itself allows for people to share their projects, Some good, some bad and some epic. Needless to say, there's probably a minecraft build for every cruiseship out there.

These projects are usually done in teams, and heavily use editing programs that do a Fair amount of work for them. BUT there are people who place every block by hand. Heck even now adays there are programs that screen 3d images and build them into minecraft.

Heres another example of Oasis http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/oasis-of-the-seas-full-scale-replica/

Also, First post. :)

Edited by norn

Want to use your rci visa to pay down your cruise. There are some new rules for the card

"A Reward Redemption for a Cruise Discount may not be combined with a Reward Redemption for a Cruise Vacation. Discounts are not combinable with promotional coupons and/or other Crown & Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage discounts and benefits. Discounts are not applicable on new ships during their first 13 months in operation, also known as, their ‘Inaugural Season”. Discounts may not be used to cover cruise deposits".

What else does the Park Cafe offer other than the famous roast beef sandwich?

Is there anything for vegetarians?

They do other sandwiches and items like that. If you know what a Panera is like than they are pretty similar. They also offer made to order salads for people. The flavored water they have there is pretty good to. Im sure if you ask they can provide vegetarian options for you.

Happy Cruising!

As someone who actually plays minecraft, I can say this is not the only cruise ship build ive seen. The site itself allows for people to share their projects, Some good, some bad and some epic. Needless to say, there's probably a minecraft build for every cruiseship out there.

These projects are usually done in teams, and heavily use editing programs that do a Fair amount of work for them. BUT there are people who place every block by hand. Heck even now adays there are programs that screen 3d images and build them into minecraft.

Heres another example of Oasis http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/oasis-of-the-seas-full-scale-replica/

Also, First post. :)

Very nice site! :cool: Welcome to CC. :)

They do other sandwiches and items like that. If you know what a Panera is like than they are pretty similar. They also offer made to order salads for people. The flavored water they have there is pretty good to. Im sure if you ask they can provide vegetarian options for you.

Happy Cruising!

I LOVE PANERA!! You are right though, it is similar although I wish they had more option like they do at Panera, maybe some pasta! I have always thought a Panera would do so well at sea. :cool:

I LOVE PANERA!! You are right though, it is similar although I wish they had more option like they do at Panera, maybe some pasta! I have always thought a Panera would do so well at sea. :cool:

I love Panera. It would be great if Royal Caribbean could partner with them to create a brand for sea. We don't want more land based restaurants at sea (or charge ones) but it would be smart to partner with a land based on to gain their expertise and resources.