Everything quantum!!!!!!

Recently joined CC, so I'm not going to plow through 40 some odd pages of this thread, so if anyone has said this, I'm sorry.

But one thing I am hoping for on Quantum is the gyroscoping pool tables like the ones on the radiance class. I think they are fun to play.

I am liking what I'm seeing for this ship. Two70 is looking like an interesting place to hang out and watch and afternoon pass by. :cool:

Recently joined CC, so I'm not going to plow through 40 some odd pages of this thread, so if anyone has said this, I'm sorry.

But one thing I am hoping for on Quantum is the gyroscoping pool tables like the ones on the radiance class. I think they are fun to play.

I am liking what I'm seeing for this ship. Two70 is looking like an interesting place to hang out and watch and afternoon pass by. :cool:

Good news for you, Royal Caribbean has already announced that those self leveling pool tables will be making a return to Quantum of the Seas. I believe at the time of announcement they said they would be located on the second floor of Two70.

Good news for you, Royal Caribbean has already announced that those self leveling pool tables will be making a return to Quantum of the Seas. I believe at the time of announcement they said they would be located on the second floor of Two70.

I believe that they are in the Music hall, but wherever they are, they're on the Quantum of the Seas, as you say. Hope they have self leveling dart boards too. ;)

OK I have read through almost ALL of this thread, so exciting to finally get some time to read through all the latest information on Quantum. I do have a question with regard to the suites?? Can anyone tell me which suites- incl. the new ones that will have the conceirge service?? I had heard that the new family connected staterooms do not come with that- which is a shame since the cost is quite a lot.

Also we are looking to cruise in June of 2015- I know the Anthem may be up and running by then- does anyone happen to know when booking might open up for this time frame- either ship?? We are lookging at the 11 or 12 day itineraries.

Thanks so much in advance!!

[quote name='divaofdisney']OK I have read through almost ALL of this thread, so exciting to finally get some time to read through all the latest information on Quantum. I do have a question with regard to the suites?? Can anyone tell me which suites- incl. the new ones that will have the conceirge service?? I had heard that the new family connected staterooms do not come with that- which is a shame since the cost is quite a lot.

Also we are looking to cruise in June of 2015- I know the Anthem may be up and running by then- does anyone happen to know when booking might open up for this time frame- either ship?? We are lookging at the 11 or 12 day itineraries.

Thanks so much in advance!![/QUOTE]

The family connected staterooms are essentially a JS, Balcony room, and small inside connected together. Since it's a "JS" concierge isn't included nor are any suite perks. It's expensive since you are buying (in a sense) 3 different cabins connected by doors.

Anthem will be somewhere in Europe when it debuts. It has already been seen in some port schedules over across the pond. I believe Quantum will be doing mainly Bermuda runs in the summer. I would doubt they would have a 12 night during the summer, but that's an educated guess.

Happy Labor Day everyone! Was a little bored today and counted the More To Come areas on the deck plans - I ended up with 20.

What do we know that's not on the deck plans already? For example, I believe ones on the aft end of Decks 3 and 4 will be the Main Dining Room, and I think we know that one will be the Schooner Bar. What else can we think of based on what we know so far?

Here's the list:
Deck - Area
15 - Opposite the Rock Climbing Wall
14 - In Solarium
14 - To the right of H2O Zone
14 - Aft Starboard
14 - Aft
5 - Six at the forward of the ship
5 - Three at the aft
4 - Four in the middle
4 - Aft
3 - Aft

[quote name='jv_nyc']Happy Labor Day everyone! Was a little bored today and counted the More To Come areas on the deck plans - I ended up with 20.

What do we know that's not on the deck plans already? For example, I believe ones on the aft end of Decks 3 and 4 will be the Main Dining Room, and I think we know that one will be the Schooner Bar. What else can we think of based on what we know so far?

Here's the list:
Deck - Area
15 - Opposite the Rock Climbing Wall
14 - In Solarium
14 - To the right of H2O Zone
14 - Aft Starboard
14 - Aft
5 - Six at the forward of the ship
5 - Three at the aft
4 - Four in the middle
4 - Aft
3 - Aft[/quote]

I'm going to guess 14 aft is Windjammer and the other buffet style food they are adding to it in other ships.

14 Starboard, maybe one of, or more, of the chops and other special dinning places. Similar to how they have chops and Portafino's in Windjammer on the Freedom class ships.

[quote name='jv_nyc']Reading way too much today and found more construction photos - [url]http://pinterest.com/cruisesocial/quantum-of-the-seas-construction/[/url][/QUOTE]

Awesome find! Did you see those pics of the engines?! Wow that was cool. I wish we built cruise ships here in the US, i'd move wherever to work in a ship yard that built ships like this.

[quote name='jv_nyc']Reading way too much today and found more construction photos - [url]http://pinterest.com/cruisesocial/quantum-of-the-seas-construction/[/url][/QUOTE]

Nice find! Love seeing any new pictures. Look at those brand new/shiny engines!

[quote name='jv_nyc']Reading way too much today and found more construction photos - [URL]http://pinterest.com/cruisesocial/quantum-of-the-seas-construction/[/URL][/quote]

Nice to see a collection of the photos that have popped up so far. Good job!

If they're done with the engine installation, i wonder if we will see any block construction soon?

I have been looking on RCI's website at what is still available to book for the 02/20/15 sailing. It is soo confusing to me, I don't know why. I feel like it's my first booking or something! LOL. Every time I think I've decided on a cabin I think, what if there is a better one in a better location that I'm overlooking! :)

So, I thought I'd jump over here for some suggestions. There are 3 of us, one is Diamond and we definitely want an inexpensive (yeah, right) balcony. It's looking like cabin, 6216, Deluxe Obstructed Ocean View w/ balcony. I just wish I knew what the obstruction was. Usually you could just post on here and see who's been in the cabin and what they thought of it.

Any cabin suggestions?

We are in 6562. Same thing, obstructed view. It seemed the most inexpensive option and we figured "How bad can it be? " We normally go for just an inside cabin since we are only there to sleep but with the balcony discount it was cheaper.

hi. From what we were told when looking, the obstructed view are from the lifeboats. I think the most obstructed view is a 50% obstruction. When you book you should be able to ask and they can tell you which cabins have most/least obstructions. Hope that helps,

That's what I was thinking, lifeboats.

Prudon: I guess you're right, "how bad can it be?". Guess I should book and just get it done with.

My friend who is cruising with me was asking about a cabin that has a view of the promenade. I didn't see any. Are they any?

[quote name='rrraydon']I have been looking on RCI's website at what is still available to book for the 02/20/15 sailing. It is soo confusing to me, I don't know why. I feel like it's my first booking or something! LOL. Every time I think I've decided on a cabin I think, what if there is a better one in a better location that I'm overlooking! :)

So, I thought I'd jump over here for some suggestions. There are 3 of us, one is Diamond and we definitely want an inexpensive (yeah, right) balcony. It's looking like cabin, 6216, Deluxe Obstructed Ocean View w/ balcony. I just wish I knew what the obstruction was. Usually you could just post on here and see who's been in the cabin and what they thought of it.

Any cabin suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I called RCCL and was told that some of the Obstructive balconies have 75% obstructive views. The agent found me a cabin with 50% obstructive view and a larger balcony DO 62900. We booked the first day when these cabins were the same price (and even cheaper with D+ discount) as inside cabin. Our room has gone up dramatically since booking. We paid $1399 less balcony discount and now the price is 2274 per person, that is almost a $900 increase.

The forward balconies do not have lifeboats, they have metal decorative poles blocking the views.

[quote name='pmkejk']I called RCCL and was told that some of the Obstructive balconies have 75% obstructive views. The agent found me a cabin with 50% obstructive view and a larger balcony DO 62900. We booked the first day when these cabins were the same price (and even cheaper with D+ discount) as inside cabin. Our room has gone up dramatically since booking. We paid $1399 less balcony discount and now the price is 2274 per person, that is almost a $900 increase.

The forward balconies do not have lifeboats, they have metal decorative poles blocking the views.[/quote]

Ok, I looked at the deck plans on the gnome website and it looks like your cabin is above the very tip of a lifeboat on deck 5. If that is correct, then cabins 6208, 6216 and 6570 are located in between lifeboats as well...maybe with a slight overlap..maybe. I'm going to call and check on those. If 6570 turns out to be 50% overlap it looks to also have a slightly larger balcony as well.

[quote name='Blesswith4']I have never cruised royal caribbean but I am so excited to book this cruise. We live in virginia so we can drive to port. So excited!!!!!!![/quote]

We are driving from the Hampton Roads area...love being able to drive vs fly. Now we just have to wait.

[quote name='VaTech8912']We are driving from the Hampton Roads area...love being able to drive vs fly. Now we just have to wait.[/QUOTE]

We're in CT and are excited too. How long will it take you to get there? We're about 2 1/2 hours away.

[quote name='VaTech8912']Around 6-7 hours....while a little further than I like, still beats flying any day of the week![/QUOTE]

Our cruise is in January 2015 so I'm now praying that there isn't a snow storm that we'll have to drive in.

[quote name='VaTech8912']Around 6-7 hours....while a little further than I like, still beats flying any day of the week![/QUOTE]

I advise you both to arrive a day or so earlier, and spend the day in the city, and a night in a hotel. I would hate to see you miss your cruise due to bad weather.

We will be on the 3/21/15 eight day sailing. I picked this date to hopefully avoid bad winter weather. Although we are only 1 1/2 hours away, it is always a concern. On our Ft Lauderdale departures, we always arrive a day early and spend the night in a hotel.