Everything quantum!!!!!!

Royal's PR Tweeted this photo of Adam G visiting the QOS:

https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribPR/status/381054241705447424/photo/1

Anyone have any other QOS news this weekend? Seems like it's been really quiet!

Thanks for that link Joanna, great find :D

I was just wondering...as it is the Emmys tonight is there any chance RCCL would have an ad or something during that do you think ?

Didn't they say end of summer for the Broadway show announcement...aren't we at the end of summer yet ?

Just a couple of brief mentions along with the announcement of the new branding of "Ocean Voyages." Looks like the inaugural transatlantic qualifies and will have some interesting lectures and behind-the-scenes type stuff.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1030/royal-caribbean-announces-ocean-voyages/

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-brands-transatlantic-sailings-as-Ocean-Voyages/#.Ujx0UfWlFWs.twitter

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that link Joanna, great find :D

I was just wondering...as it is the Emmys tonight is there any chance RCCL would have an ad or something during that do you think ?

Didn't they say end of summer for the Broadway show announcement...aren't we at the end of summer yet ?

I was expecting something tonight during the Emmys as well. In the past they've done some kind of hinting though to tell people to watch, they've yet to mention it so I'm starting to doubt that we'll see anything.

I was expecting something tonight during the Emmys as well. In the past they've done some kind of hinting though to tell people to watch, they've yet to mention it so I'm starting to doubt that we'll see anything.

In the back of my mind...I seem to recall reading something about announcements being done at the likes of the Tonys & Emmys...drat I cannot remember where I read it though :o Maybe I dreamt it :(

As you said..no hints about Emmys so it doesn't look hopeful :(

In the back of my mind...I seem to recall reading something about announcements being done at the likes of the Tonys & Emmys...drat I cannot remember where I read it though :o Maybe I dreamt it :(

As you said..no hints about Emmys so it doesn't look hopeful :(

I recall the same thing. During/before the Oscars I think I recall someone on Twitter asking RCCL if there was going to be any Quantum announcements. And they answered and said no. That the focus of the awards shows was the award winners.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone! It's a gorgeous weekend here in the New England. perfect weather and the leaves are starting to turn. I took an hour walk and enjoyed every minute of it.

My DH and I have had some serious discussions about the itinerary change and 5 sea days. It's really not our cup of tea. We will cancel just outside of the 90 day cut off unless RCCL changes the itinerary for the better. I have back up plans under way already :)

Either way it's a win win for us. We're celebrating our 40th in 2015!

Hi everyone! It's a gorgeous weekend here in the New England. perfect weather and the leaves are starting to turn. I took an hour walk and enjoyed every minute of it.

My DH and I have had some serious discussions about the itinerary change and 5 sea days. It's really not our cup of tea. We will cancel just outside of the 90 day cut off unless RCCL changes the itinerary for the better. I have back up plans under way already :)

Either way it's a win win for us. We're celebrating our 40th in 2015!

Could you be more specific about what you are referring too?:confused:

We now know why the execs could finally visit Quantum, Oasis III had here steel cutting today. It's really starting to seem like Quantum is an unwanted step child for these execs. It should have been a bigger deal to start a new class than the third in a class, especially when the keel laying for Quantum fell on the same day as Anthem's steel cutting.

BU1v7FKCIAAQB22.jpg

Wow it does seem strange that they wouldn't be there for Quantum/Anthem but at least they finally got to visit. Maybe they were waiting for this so they could just make their travel to Europe and visit all stops in one trip.

Can't believe Oasis III just had her steel cutting, how exciting! :D

We now know why the execs could finally visit Quantum, Oasis III had here steel cutting today. It's really starting to seem like Quantum is an unwanted step child for these execs. It should have been a bigger deal to start a new class than the third in a class, especially when the keel laying for Quantum fell on the same day as Anthem's steel cutting.

BU1v7FKCIAAQB22.jpg

I wonder which of the elements of the Quantum Class will be incorporated into Oasis III. I wouldn't expect major changes like the bumper cars, but I would expect some things to make it over there, such as virtual balconies, and depending on the changes being made to dining and other concepts, those may make their way over there as well.

I know our itinerary has been changed for the 1/3/15 cruise. No Samana but they added an overnight in San Juan.

A few days ago the 3/21/15 sailing had an overnight on two different ports depending on how one did a search. Via My Cruises it showed overnight at Labadee. Via RCI Plan/Search for a crusie from the Home Page it showed overnight at San Juan. Now it shows overnight at Labadee both ways. Hopefully yours is now also consistent as to which port for overnight. I hope they come back to revisit this change and add another port of call but please not Nassau.

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

21-Mar Cape Liberty, New Jersey 5:00 PM

22-Mar Cruising

23-Mar Cruising

24-Mar San Juan, Puerto Rico 4:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

25-Mar Labadee, Haiti 4:30 PM Docked

26-Mar Labadee, Haiti 5:00 PM Docked

27-Mar Cruising

28-Mar Cruising

29-Mar Cape Liberty, New Jersey 8:00 AM

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

A few days ago the 3/21/15 sailing had an overnight on two different ports depending on how one did a search. Via My Cruises it showed overnight at Labadee. Via RCI Plan/Search for a crusie from the Home Page it showed overnight at San Juan. Now it shows overnight at Labadee both ways. Hopefully yours is now also consistent as to which port for overnight. I hope they come back to revisit this change and add another port of call but please not Nassau.

21-Mar Cape Liberty, New Jersey 5:00 PM

22-Mar Cruising

23-Mar Cruising

24-Mar San Juan, Puerto Rico 4:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

25-Mar Labadee, Haiti 4:30 PM Docked

26-Mar Labadee, Haiti 5:00 PM Docked

27-Mar Cruising

28-Mar Cruising

29-Mar Cape Liberty, New Jersey 8:00 AM

that's the problem! I'm sailing February 20th!:) Your itinerary is worse than ours. 4pm to 11pm in San Juan and 2 days at Labadee??? You've got to be kidding~

Edited by prudon

RCCL itinerary is:

Sailing Itinerary

Day 1 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 5:00 PM

Day 2 Cruising

Day 3 Cruising

Day 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 4:00 PM Docked

Day 5 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 PM Docked

Day 6 Labadee, Haiti 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

Day 7 Cruising

Day 8 Cruising

Day 9 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 8:00 AM

RCCL itinerary is:

Sailing Itinerary

Day 1 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 5:00 PM

Day 2 Cruising

Day 3 Cruising

Day 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 4:00 PM Docked

Day 5 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 PM Docked

Day 6 Labadee, Haiti 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

Day 7 Cruising

Day 8 Cruising

Day 9 Cape Liberty, New Jersey 8:00 AM

At least you guys got San Juan. There is much more to do in SJ than Labadee for an overnight stay.

Happy Saturday everyone! I was looking on the RCI QOS Press Center site, and I think I found a photo we haven't seen yet. Unless I need new glasses (or have been staring at renderings too long), this looks like a real example of an interior stateroom. I thought seeing the "real" furniture was interesting - definitely a more modern look than RCI's current decor!

screenshot1_zps7a7d3637.png

Here's the caption and link from RCI:

Now every room on Quantum of the Seashas a view, with the exciting introduction of Virtual Balcony staterooms. This design concept brings virtual balconies to interior staterooms offering expansive real-time views of the ocean and exciting destinations. (Photo: Tim Aylen)

URL: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/images/#5

Only 399 more days until I'm onboard!!

Edited by jv_nyc

Happy Saturday everyone! I was looking on the RCI QOS Press Center site, and I think I found a photo we haven't seen yet. Unless I need new glasses (or have been staring at renderings too long), this looks like a real example of an interior stateroom. I thought seeing the "real" furniture was interesting - definitely a more modern look than RCI's current decor!

screenshot1_zps7a7d3637.png

Here's the caption and link from RCI:

Now every room on Quantum of the Seashas a view, with the exciting introduction of Virtual Balcony staterooms. This design concept brings virtual balconies to interior staterooms offering expansive real-time views of the ocean and exciting destinations. (Photo: Tim Aylen)

URL: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/images/#5

Only 399 more days until I'm onboard!!

It was a mock-up set up at the reveal. Here is someone's video:

http://stream.wsj.com/story/world-stream/SS-2-44156/SS-2-213195/