Everything quantum!!!!!!

I am wondering too - we originally had late seating. I wonder how this is gonna affect the ones that had MTD - aren't the tips paid right away when this option was selected?

Pat

Hi Pat.

My husband and I are booked on the 1/11/15 sailing on Quantum and my travel agent had automatically booked us on second seating since that's what we always took. When we noticed that, we changed to MTD, as we felt 8:30 was too late to eat. As of yet, we haven't been charged for the automatic gratuities. It got added on the invoice to be paid at final payment.

Celeste

I wish they would announce SOMETHING about the dining, literally all we know about food is that there will be a food truck(s). I hope they don't go to freestyle dining tough. I enjoy the 8:30 pm seating!

It will come soon I hope. I prefer traditional dining at 6PM. when we had anytime dining on Princess, we always went to the dining room at around 6 anyway.

These two links are necessary "new" news, but I'm adding them here so that we have everything on this thread.

Second Video of Genevieve Gorder

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/quantum-advisors/genevieve-gorder/#prettyPhoto/5/

Royal Caribbean Announces more details about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade float:

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10138.html

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1039/royal-caribbean-international-reveals-first-look-at-87th-annual-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade-float-/

I had Late dining 8:30pm when I originally booked too. Now I have the " Dining preferences will be available Spring 2014" message on my res.

However FWIW I was on the Brilliance TA this past September and they changed the dining times to 5:30 and 8:00 . Don't know if that was a one time thing or if they were trying something new. They gave us a slip of paper when we boarded with this info. Our card had the time on it. (6:00 or 8:30). I actually liked the 8pm time much better as I could actually make the show if I wanted and didn't have to stay up as late to "digest":).

Denise

I had Late dining 8:30pm when I originally booked too. Now I have the " Dining preferences will be available Spring 2014" message on my res.

However FWIW I was on the Brilliance TA this past September and they changed the dining times to 5:30 and 8:00 . Don't know if that was a one time thing or if they were trying something new. They gave us a slip of paper when we boarded with this info. Our card had the time on it. (6:00 or 8:30). I actually liked the 8pm time much better as I could actually make the show if I wanted and didn't have to stay up as late to "digest":).

Denise

We're on the Freedom in December. We have 5:30 dining. Maybe they are trying to make sure the first seat guests don't feel rushed (not that I ever did) or they giving the waiters a little more time to reset the tables.

Perhaps they are going to have a freestyle option. Any time, any where, with anybody!

Lets hope so.:D

And have lots of restaurants that could be altered quickly for changing tastes

I like to eat Italian (occasionally) and American Steak House but it is all so passé these days.

Like formal nights ,bingo ,trivial pursuit etc etc .

But do I really care . NO , I am not a shareholder, and can get the real deal any where

in the World, just one stop from Melbourne on A380's.

Edited by TheDyesolKid

We're on the Freedom in December. We have 5:30 dining. Maybe they are trying to make sure the first seat guests don't feel rushed (not that I ever did) or they giving the waiters a little more time to reset the tables.

My husband and I were on the Allure the same week people we knew were on the Freedom of the Seas. Their second seating was at 8pm, but ours was still at the traditional 8:30. May be the particular ship? I'd prefer 8 over the 8:30 personally. We'll be trying the MTD on Enchantment in January.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I went on the Allure of the Seas in 2011. Even though it was humungous, we found it easy to get around. I loved the décor and all the great innovations that RCCL is famous for. As a matter of fact, it was the only cruise we took for the ship and not ports. The Allure and the Celebrity ships are my favorites. Such nice décor. Haven't been on any Azamara ships, but they look gorgeous too.

The new Quantum looks to be as innovative as the Oasis class. I told my husband we must go on this ship and I don't care where it goes. I cannot believe all the fantastic things on this ship!!!! What will they come up with next. I love all the new innovations!!!! Can't wait to travel on her sometime in the future.

My husband and I went on the Allure of the Seas in 2011. Even though it was humungous, we found it easy to get around. I loved the décor and all the great innovations that RCCL is famous for. As a matter of fact, it was the only cruise we took for the ship and not ports. The Allure and the Celebrity ships are my favorites. Such nice décor. Haven't been on any Azamara ships, but they look gorgeous too.

The new Quantum looks to be as innovative as the Oasis class. I told my husband we must go on this ship and I don't care where it goes. I cannot believe all the fantastic things on this ship!!!! What will they come up with next. I love all the new innovations!!!! Can't wait to travel on her sometime in the future.

Ruth, it is exciting isn't it?! I am so looking forward to seeing this ship! I think there will be a "split" in cruise fanatics. Those that enjoy the ship more than the destinations and those that dream of visiting exotic places. I'm not sure where I fit yet. I think I'm leaning toward destination at the moment but that can change with a blink of the eye (women's prerogative right?). I love watching this ship emerge.

Edited by prudon

Just so excited the Quantum is coming to Jersey! My husband and I live twenty minutes from the port and while we love the Explorer we are thrilled about the Quantum! Sometimes we drive down to the port on the weekends before going out to dinner. It's like therapy watching the ship pull out of port lol. It always gets us super excited for our next sailing!

We now have enough information to account for the entire month of November.

Sailing breakdown:

11/2: 8 night Ocean Voyage

11/10: US arrival/Inspections

11/11: Private travel agent events????

11/12: 2 night Pre-Inaugural 1

11/14: 2 night Pre-Inaugural 2

11/16: 2 night Pre-Inaugural 3

11/18: 3 night Quantum sampler

11/21: 2 night Quantum sampler

11/23: 8 night Inaugural to the Bahamas

Day by day breakdown:

11/2: Southampton (Depart on 8 night ocean voyage)

11/3: At sea

11/4: At sea

11/5: At sea

11/6: At sea

11/7: At sea

11/8: At sea

11/9: At sea

11/10: Bayonne, NJ (US arrival and coast guard inspections)

11/11: Bayonne, NJ (Likely travel agent tour date, no confirmed items yet. This is a Tuesday so perhaps a morning news broadcast and christening?)

11/12: Bayonne, NJ (2 night Pre-Inaugural 1)

11/13: At sea

11/14: Bayonne, NJ (2 night Pre-Inaugural 2)

11/15: At sea

11/16: Bayonne, NJ (2 night Pre-Inaugural 3)

11/17: At sea

11/18: Bayonne, NJ (3 night Quantum sampler)

11/19: At sea

11/20: At sea

11/21: Bayonne, NJ (2 night Quantum sampler)

11/22: At sea

11/23: Bayonne, NJ (8 night Inaugural to the Bahamas)

Edited by DEIx15x8

Watch it... See it? .... There it goes! ... The "WOW" ...

Mama Mia is not "WOW". It's a good show, but it's not Wicked or Rent or even as good as half a dozen other shows that have been on broadway.

I'm sort of deflated.

I saw the show on broadway a while ago. It was good, but certainly not WOW.

Sorry Royal, in my book, this was a miss.

Mamma Mia to be the Broadway show on Quantum. Exciting!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yeah, I was so surprised, I had to back up the parade to make sure I heard it right. I though for sure it would be Wicked. Mama Mia makes sense though. Minimal stage set requirements, alot of fun songs. You'll leave singing and lighthearted. Good choice, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a heads up, I would double check your booking by creating a booking to make sure Royal didn't bounce you out of you cabin. I checked this morning and I was bounced out. The problem has been fixed, but royal didn't have an answer as to why this happened.

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked and both reservations for our B2B still have cabin 10116 listed. Only thing different was the "Dining preferences will be available Spring 2014." dining preference that they changed last month.

Just a heads up, I would double check your booking by creating a booking to make sure Royal didn't bounce you out of you cabin. I checked this morning and I was bounced out. The problem has been fixed, but royal didn't have an answer as to why this happened.

It appears it is the Studio Balconies that have been affected by this "glitch".

I just checked my 11/2 ressie and it no longer says my SB stateroom number ..it now says..."Sup Studio Ocn Vw Strm w/Bal Guarantee"....and my stateroom is showing as available on the website. :eek:

My TA is checking with RCCL now as my ressie looks fine at her end....darn weird.

Genevieve Gorder was announced yesterday to be the first of many celebrity advisors on the design of the ship and it's spaces. They will also be documenting the celebrity advisory sessions and posting them on the website. Genevieve is advising on the suite designs. Below is the link to the first of her design advisory videos. At least it's something new to look at :rolleyes:;)

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/362/genevieve-gorder-episode-1-diving-into-ship-design/

Any whisperings about another celebrity advisor?

Are Genevieve and Dhani doing anything else lately related to their advisory positions related to the Quantum of the Seas?

It appears it is the Studio Balconies that have been affected by this "glitch".

I just checked my 11/2 ressie and it no longer says my SB stateroom number ..it now says..."Sup Studio Ocn Vw Strm w/Bal Guarantee"....and my stateroom is showing as available on the website. :eek:

My TA is checking with RCCL now as my ressie looks fine at her end....darn weird.

Interesting, the interior studio cabins are part of those weird build a block cabins, so this kind of glitch could make sense. The balconies I believe are only usable as SB balconies so I have no idea how they could accidentally mess that up. Maybe they'll accidentally resell your cabin and you'll get an upgrade to a full size balcony.

Interesting, the interior studio cabins are part of those weird build a block cabins, so this kind of glitch could make sense. The balconies I believe are only usable as SB balconies so I have no idea how they could accidentally mess that up. Maybe they'll accidentally resell your cabin and you'll get an upgrade to a full size balcony.

With the way my luck is running I would get screwed out of my cruise