Everything quantum!!!!!!

I am loving the new decor! It's much nicer than any cruise ship decor I have seen. I can't wait to see what the rest if the ship looks like. December 27 2014 can't come fast enough lol

I agree. Even my DD is saying how she can't wait for this cruise. We're Jan 2015.

On the March 21, 2015 Sailing, I finally received "official" notification of elimination of Samana. While not upset with that, That only leaves us San Juan, and Labadee. We arrive in San Juan at 4 pm and leave at 11pm. Not much time to do anything there. Then we arrive in Labadee at 4:30pm spend the overnight there and leave at 5pm. Looking forward to the Quantum, but it is the worst itinerary I ever had. No time for anything in San Juan and an overnight at their private island??:(

I am hoping for another change, What do you think will happen?:(

I know it's really far away, but i'll look to book my cruise for Summer of 2016.

Will Quantum still be sailing out of NJ by then?

I'm really tired of flying to San Juan and Florida to go on a new cruise ship.

Hope she's still here!! She'd only be a year and a half old. I'm hoping the commitment to NJ is longer than that.

On the March 21, 2015 Sailing, I finally received "official" notification of elimination of Samana. While not upset with that, That only leaves us San Juan, and Labadee. We arrive in San Juan at 4 pm and leave at 11pm. Not much time to do anything there. Then we arrive in Labadee at 4:30pm spend the overnight there and leave at 5pm. Looking forward to the Quantum, but it is the worst itinerary I ever had. No time for anything in San Juan and an overnight at their private island??:(

I am hoping for another change, What do you think will happen?:(

Did the notification come directly from RCI or your Travel Agent? I am also on that same cruise. It's hard to believe that the current would be an itinerary for spring break which tends to be a high demand cruise period and at a premium in most cases.

Did the notification come directly from RCI or your Travel Agent? I am also on that same cruise. It's hard to believe that the current would be an itinerary for spring break which tends to be a high demand cruise period and at a premium in most cases.

The email was from my travel agent, but the attached file, a copy of the letter to the travel agent came directly from Royal Caribbean.

The email was from my travel agent, but the attached file, a copy of the letter to the travel agent came directly from Royal Caribbean.

Thank you. I have not seen anything official yet, so it could be coming soon. I still feel there will be a change again.

It should have been a bigger deal to start a new class than the third in a class, especially when the keel laying for Quantum fell on the same day as Anthem's steel cutting.

In your humble opinion of course .

I am trying to fit Meyer-Werft into my 3 Boat/Ship holiday next year.

Papenburg is hard to get to . 3 to 4 hours by slow train from Köln (Cologne)

which must make it about the slowest trip on Deutsche Bahn .

Köln Hbf to Frankfurt Flughafen can be done in 50 minutes on ICE3 and is

about half the distance .

And theres no Airports I would fly into for at least 100k (60 Miles ??)

DB Bahn

Not new information, more of a reminder - hopefully we'll hear more about the QOS during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Below is the portion of the announcement that mentions QOS and a link. Speculation on another thread is that more information will come around the Superbowl because it's being held in NJ, and it's around the same time as the Getaway starts sailing.

Celebrating the fall 2014 debut of the revolutionary Quantum of the Seas, a quantum leap forward in cruise ship design, the float will reflect the adventure and excitement of cruising on a Royal Caribbean ship. While the design is a closely guarded secret, the float will no doubt live up to both brand’s world-class family entertainment legacy.

Link: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/995/royal-caribbean-international-sets-sail-down-the-streets-of-new-york-city-this-november-in-the-87th-annual-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade/

(Yes, I am so hungry for information, I'm re-reading old announcements...)

Dhani is a great dude. He's funny and very interested in getting people (children especially) physically active. He comes across very personable and should do a great job as the Fitness Ambassador.

ETA: Also he was a Bengal for the end of his NFL career. Excellent football mind that could have led him to a 20 year career, the age on his body just didn't let him keep up in the end.

Edited by poncho1973

Nice find! Looks great to me.:D

Can't wait to hear what the new parking daily rate will be!;) $25.00 a day??::eek:

That's why we take a Limo or Towne Car, depending on the number of people. It is always comparable to the high parking fees, and you don't have the hassle of driving, parking, catching the shuttle to the ship. The Driver drops you off at luggage check in, and away you go!!

New article on Two70 from Gizmodo. The video seems a little different too...but it's been a while since I watched the one on the RCI site.

http://gizmodo.com/with-video-walls-this-huge-youll-forget-youre-on-a-c-1442007480?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_twitter&utm_source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm so freaking excited about this ship!!!!

Edited by jv_nyc