Everything quantum!!!!!!

Interesting, the interior studio cabins are part of those weird build a block cabins, so this kind of glitch could make sense. The balconies I believe are only usable as SB balconies so I have no idea how they could accidentally mess that up. Maybe they'll accidentally resell your cabin and you'll get an upgrade to a full size balcony.

My TA was able to get my cabin back for me..phew :D

With the way my luck is running I would get screwed out of my cruise

Yes I thought the same way.

RCCL is now aware of the glitch so hopefully no one will lose out on their SB.

Thank you so much for the heads up on this "glitch" today...if it wasn't for your post..I hate to think how many may have lost their SBs today. :eek:

Again, thank you and I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas and a very very Happy Healthy 2014 :D :D

No Problem !! And the same to you

We will be on the 3 night sampler cruise and then 3 nights in New York City for my in-laws 50th anniversary. I know that 3 nights will not be long enough on this great ship, but I know we are going to have a great time.

Can't believe that I will be leaving the warmth of November in Florida to go north! lol

Any whisperings about another celebrity advisor?

Are Genevieve and Dhani doing anything else lately related to their advisory positions related to the Quantum of the Seas?

Well, I guess this answers my question:

Dhani Jones Episode 2: Stretching the Limit in Fitness

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/379/dhani-jones-episode-2-stretching-the-limit-in-fitness/

I wondered what he was looking into in this old photo:

low_1381061022_SocialPR-DSC-0241.JPG

It was the Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center on deck 15.

screengrabfrom2ndDhaniRCIvideo_zpsa7262314.png

screengrabfrom2ndDhaniRCIvideo2_zps0233d188.png

Screen grab images courtesy video Dhani Jones Episode 2: Stretching the Limit in Fitness

...screengrabfrom2ndDhaniRCIvideo2_zps0233d188.png

Screen grab images courtesy video Dhani Jones Episode 2: Stretching the Limit in Fitness

I think this is the first venue we've seen outside of SeaPlex and Two70. It's interesting that the wood work from Two70 is included in the fitness center. I was wondering if they would try to do more with that style, we really haven't seen anything like it on a Royal Caribbean ship before. Wonder if the MDR will have a lot of that fake wood as well. If done right it could be really classic looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bringing this thread back because I think it's kinda cool to have everything in one place...

Regarding the MDR, I just posted this in another thread.

Also, take this with a grain of salt, but when we were on the Explorer last month, I saw the FAQs for the QOS, and one question had to do with dining on QOS. The response was along the lines of "More flexibility in dining options than ever before and the most specialty restaurants." Oasis has 25 dining options - really can't wait to hear more in the Spring about QOS dining.

I think a lot of our speculations of not such a focus on the MDR will play out, which makes me a little sad since we love meeting people at dinner. That said, on two of our last three cruises, our table mates rarely showed for dinner...

Edited by jv_nyc

Just bringing this thread back because I think it's kinda cool to have everything in one place...

Regarding the MDR, I just posted this in another thread.

Also, take this with a grain of salt, but when we were on the Explorer last month, I saw the FAQs for the QOS, and one question had to do with dining on QOS. The response was along the lines of "More flexibility in dining options than ever before and the most specialty restaurants." Oasis has 25 dining options - really can't wait to hear more in the Spring about QOS dining.

I think a lot of our speculations of not such a focus on the MDR will play out, which makes me a little sad since we love meeting people at dinner. That said, on two of our last three cruises, our table mates rarely showed for dinner...

I'm a big MDR fan, never miss a night. Their is something about the more formal experience and the large venues that Royal Caribbean created that I love. The Windjammer on the other hand I have no problem with but love not visiting. On the Oasis I went to the Windjammer for lunch when we boarded and breakfast the morning we got off. Only cruise I wasn't their at least twice a day because their were so many other free venues that offered great food in more relaxing environments. I really hope we see this kind of free variety on Quantum as it really improves the overall dinning experience more than several for fee dinner venues.

Greetings all!

I will be on the sailing on 1/3/15 - in fact, my friends and I have a total of 12 cabins book (with the possibility of more coming on board!)

We are all so excited to be saiilng out of our home port - I've been out of Port Liberty many times, but quite a few of my friends had their first cruise last month on the Oasis, and are very excited to be able to drive to the port rather than having to fly to the port.

I look forward to 2014 bringing more fun Quantum news - and to continuing to speculate with all of you!

I was about to post about Adam's 2014 preview being something to wait for only to find it came out yesterday. No new information though. It does hint at the NYC premiere being something special though. He also said, "During 2014 we will give more details on this extraordinary new class of ship so stay tuned." which is far better that what he said in 2012, "Our behind the scenes work on our Project Sunshine ship will continue. We will continue to be excited about the project. Interested people will continue to be frustrated at the lack of details we provide about the project as we simply cannot begin to divulge ship features until we begin the marketing cycle for Sunshine which is still more than a year from now. With the ship still three years away from service, our competitors would have time to preempt our advances if they knew what we were going to do.". I have to say it does kind of feel like his 2012 statement is still more true today though than his 2013 one, "We don’t know a lot of what will transpire but we do know a few things already. One at the top of the list is we will finally, mercifully be able to say what our Sunshine ships will be all about. If you think it has been hard to wait so long to find out, just imagine knowing and not being able to say.".

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/looking-forward-to-2014/

Cathelco systems protect cruise ships of the future

When the first of Royal Caribbean’s new generation of Quantum class cruise ships is launched this year, Cathelco equipment will be protecting the hull and seawater pipework systems.

The Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas can each accommodate more than 4,000 guests in RCCL’s largest and most advanced staterooms. At 348 metres in length and with 16 passenger decks, the new ships will offer the very latest in entertainment and recreational facilities.

Both vessels are being built at the Meyer Werft yard in Papenburg where the Quantum of the Seas is currently under construction in the building dock. The first ship is due for delivery in the autumn of 2014 with the Anthem of the Seas to follow in the spring of 2015.

The Cathelco pipework anti-fouling systems will protect a total of 20 seachests on each vessel serving extensive shipboard equipment including freshwater evaporators, reverse osmosis systems, air conditioning chillers and sea water cooling pumps. The AF system will also protect a number of fire fighting pumps and their associated pipework.

“The flow rates through the seachests serving the air conditioning system are up to 4,730 cubic metres per hour. For these seachests we are supplying pairs of our largest copper and aluminium anodes measuring 1100mmin length and 140mmin diameter”, said Carlo Soddu who has been closely involved in the project at Cathelco.

The ships are also being supplied with Cathelco impressed current cathodic protection systems (ICCP) which will safeguard the hull surfaces against corrosion.

The 250 amp forward system will have an arrangement of two 125 C-Max disc anodes and reference electrodes wired to a thyristor control panel and mounted port and starboard. The more powerful 350 amp aft system will have two 175 amp C-Max disc anodes and reference electrodes. C-Max anodes are compact, lightweight and have the advantage of being diver changeable for easy replacement without drydocking.

sorry I have been absent from the thread I started but I have been very busy we are relocating and between selling the current house and finding a new one I just haven't had time. Thanks to everyone for keeping it alive and I hope to be more active soon:D:D

sorry I have been absent from the thread I started but I have been very busy we are relocating and between selling the current house and finding a new one I just haven't had time. Thanks to everyone for keeping it alive and I hope to be more active soon:D:D

Hey Shaun! Unfortunately, there hasn't been much to report. Good to see your post. :cool::)

Cathelco systems protect cruise ships of the future

When the first of Royal Caribbean’s new generation of Quantum class cruise ships is launched this year, Cathelco equipment will be protecting the hull and seawater pipework systems.

The Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas can each accommodate more than 4,000 guests in RCCL’s largest and most advanced staterooms. At 348 metres in length and with 16 passenger decks, the new ships will offer the very latest in entertainment and recreational facilities.

Both vessels are being built at the Meyer Werft yard in Papenburg where the Quantum of the Seas is currently under construction in the building dock. The first ship is due for delivery in the autumn of 2014 with the Anthem of the Seas to follow in the spring of 2015.

The Cathelco pipework anti-fouling systems will protect a total of 20 seachests on each vessel serving extensive shipboard equipment including freshwater evaporators, reverse osmosis systems, air conditioning chillers and sea water cooling pumps. The AF system will also protect a number of fire fighting pumps and their associated pipework.

“The flow rates through the seachests serving the air conditioning system are up to 4,730 cubic metres per hour. For these seachests we are supplying pairs of our largest copper and aluminium anodes measuring 1100mmin length and 140mmin diameter”, said Carlo Soddu who has been closely involved in the project at Cathelco.

The ships are also being supplied with Cathelco impressed current cathodic protection systems (ICCP) which will safeguard the hull surfaces against corrosion.

The 250 amp forward system will have an arrangement of two 125 C-Max disc anodes and reference electrodes wired to a thyristor control panel and mounted port and starboard. The more powerful 350 amp aft system will have two 175 amp C-Max disc anodes and reference electrodes. C-Max anodes are compact, lightweight and have the advantage of being diver changeable for easy replacement without drydocking.

I'm guessing that's good, lol. That all went right over my head.

Mine too....I was hoping someone would translate. LOL I got something was being installed somewhere on the ship. :D:D:D

Hey Ty !!

What I got from the website and just looking around through the companies equipment, it's anti corrosive system. Salt Water can be very corrosive to pipes and metal surfaces. What I understand from the website is that they are installing a system to protect against the corrosive nature.

http://www.cathelco.com/how-does-an-af-system-work_55_2_60.html

Edited by Brian131489

Hey Ty !!

What I got from the website and just looking around through the companies equipment, it's anti corrosive system. Salt Water can be very corrosive to pipes and metal surfaces. What I understand from the website is that they are installing a system to protect against the corrosive nature.

http://www.cathelco.com/how-does-an-af-system-work_55_2_60.html

Thanks, Brian! I posted the info without knowing what they were talking about. LOL

How goes it with you? :cool:

Thanks, Brian! I posted the info without knowing what they were talking about. LOL

How goes it with you? :cool:

Hey no problem !! This is system is also close to what they put on the oasis, it also keeps see life from attaching and breeding on the ship..

Things are well, trying to get the quantum trip paid off...

How r things with you

Hey no problem !! This is system is also close to what they put on the oasis, it also keeps see life from attaching and breeding on the ship..

Things are well, trying to get the quantum trip paid off...

How r things with you

I'm doing the same...trying pay off all my cruises. :rolleyes: LOL

I'm glad to hear all is well with you.

Ok, now I have a much better understanding what system is being installed. I'll be glad when Royal releases more info on this ship. I'm kinda ticked off the ship is 9 months from completion and we don't have much more info than we received back in April.

I'm doing the same...trying pay off all my cruises. :rolleyes: LOL

I'm glad to hear all is well with you.

Ok, now I have a much better understanding what system is being installed. I'll be glad when Royal releases more info on this ship. I'm kinda ticked off the ship is 9 months from completion and we don't have much more info than we received back in April.

Lol !! This website carries the need for info, the speculation alone has been fun, and just trying to dig up info..

I think royal is still trying to figure out all the spots, and trying to layout the third oasis has them spread thin

Lol !! This website carries the need for info, the speculation alone has been fun, and just trying to dig up info..

I think royal is still trying to figure out all the spots, and trying to layout the third oasis has them spread thin

LOL. I agree...I think trying to juggle multiple new builds and the refurbs of other ships is too much for them.

Agree completely mike! Who doesn't love palm trees and snow together! Thank god for this thread and for CC, nobody else understands my excitement for quantum (ok ok, obsession :) ) even my hubby who will be travelling with me just keeps looking at me as if I'm nuts and saying "but it's 18 months away"

They just don't get it lol

i agree with you my husband just doesnt understand my excitement either..i just cant wait for more info on her.