Everything quantum!!!!!!

When ever I book a cruise I create a large Apple Numbers document with all sorts of spreadsheets. One of them is always the ship schedule. This is what I got for the 11/23/14 inaugural and 12/1 southern caribbean sailings.

9533495875_64491a28dd_b.jpg

Things are always changing of course. I created this back in May when and since then Carnival announced that the Pride was leaving Baltimore, now she's been added to the list twice. I'm looking forward to Nassau the most. On one day your going to have the latest models from Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian Cruise Line all in port together for Thanksgiving. It's a shame the Pride is now stuck in the middle of it all, but should still be a cool photo opportunity.

I love Panera. It would be great if Royal Caribbean could partner with them to create a brand for sea. We don't want more land based restaurants at sea (or charge ones) but it would be smart to partner with a land based on to gain their expertise and resources.

My thoughts exactly! Definitely don't want to see more land based restaurants.

wow, both the Quantum and Independence of the Seas will be there on the 26th. That'll be about 8-9,000 people. Doubt the peninsula has ever seen that many people at once before.

Now that will be a good picture!

just going to bullet point some info from the frequently asked questions. Forgive we if its all been covered :rolleyes:

There will be no Studio B/ice skating ring. Space for this is being taken up by SeaPlex (bumper cars, circus school, roller skating area)

Dining venue information will "be revealed later in the year"

indoor pool will reflect similar temperatures found at other pools on Quantum.(not heated)

There will be a Royal Promenade

There will be a Broadway show, which will be announced "soon".

There will be one rock climbing wall and it will be 30 feet high.

Barbie Experience will be available on Quantum of the Seas

Dreamworks Experience will be available on Quantum of the Seas but "at a later date"

All ages are welcome in Music Hall.

NorthStar

NorthStar will accomodate 13 guests, plus a wheelchair guest (14 total)

North Star will be complimentary and available for guests at sea, as well as in port. Three premium packages also will be available for advance purchase and booking, including

packages for Sunrise and Sunset flights, or a Private Flight, which is ideal for marriage proposals and wedding ceremonies. All packages include a pre-flight reception, in-flight Champagne toast, a commemorative flight certificate, a post-flight brunch or dinner

NorthStar will be 3.6 meters x 4.5 meters in dimension

NorthStar arm extends up to an 80-degree angle, and descends to a horizontal position to fully rest on the top deck. The length is 41 meters, or 135 feet long.

NorthStar will require guests to be seated and will feature air conditioning and heat

RipCord

Ripcord restrictions are:

Those less than 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 lbs, and those over 6 feet must weigh less than 250 lbs.

Children under 18 years of age need to have a parent or guardian to sign their waiver.

SeaPlex

​Bumper car rides will last approximately 3 – 5 minutes and there will be up to 30 cars to choose from.

At this time, it is still not determined whether the Circus School will be complimentary or not

Bumper cars will be offered throughout the day in SeaPlex. They are open to guests on a first come, first served basis

Roller Blades are NOT permitted in SeaPlex

Two70

Approximately 475 guests will fit comfortably in Two70°.

VistaRama®, our spectacular digital scenery technology will be activated only during showtimes. Sea views are available at all other times.

We are proud to offer one amazing show in Two70° that will be performed over

multiple nights.

Edited by shaun07

I love Panera. It would be great if Royal Caribbean could partner with them to create a brand for sea. We don't want more land based restaurants at sea (or charge ones) but it would be smart to partner with a land based on to gain their expertise and resources.

They've already done that with Johnny rockets and I don't think they learn anything from these land based companies. I cruise to do things I don't do at home. I don't want land based venues on these ships. Especially not panera bread. I can make a sandwich just fine at home. That would be a complete waste of space and venue. Considering park cafe if being pushed panera ain't gonna happen thankfully.

They've already done that with Johnny rockets and I don't think they learn anything from these land based companies. I cruise to do things I don't do at home. I don't want land based venues on these ships. Especially not panera bread. I can make a sandwich just fine at home. That would be a complete waste of space and venue. Considering park cafe if being pushed panera ain't gonna happen thankfully.

I agree. I want something not available on land. However, I really love Starbucks and was thrilled when they added it.

I agree. I want something not available on land. However, I really love Starbucks and was thrilled when they added it.

Starbucks isn't like having a panera bread. I agree having a Starbucks is nice.

We live in a part of the US that does not have Johnny Rockets. We happen to like their burgers and especially the milk shakes. So if there is one on Quantum we are fine with that.

Their burgers really are not that special. Not only that the beef they use is not the same beef Johnny rockets uses in their restaurants.

I don't think you understood his post correctly. I believe he meant they should create a partnership where some of their food options would be available at the Café, not walking into a Panera at sea.

By the way, whens the last time you ate at Panera? :p I don't know the last time I actually ordered a sandwich from there and I eat their food a lot. There is a huge variety of food.

Because we have kids this is a big thing. When it said Dreamworks will be there "at a later date" did they elaborate? Bc everything i read had shrek and crew there at the beginning... thanks,

That's all it said. Sorry I don't have anymore info I will keep an eye out for more updates.

Because we have kids this is a big thing. When it said Dreamworks will be there "at a later date" did they elaborate? Bc everything i read had shrek and crew there at the beginning... thanks,

What they said at the time of the announcement was that Dreamworks will be onboard. They made it sound as if the experiences onboard the current ships would carry over but also said more to come. Sounds like they'll be doing some new enhancements with it. Maybe expanding the character dining options or something. They'll definitely be onboard from day 1 though.

I don't think you understood his post correctly. I believe he meant they should create a partnership where some of their food options would be available at the Café, not walking into a Panera at sea.

By the way, whens the last time you ate at Panera? :p I don't know the last time I actually ordered a sandwich from there and I eat their food a lot. There is a huge variety of food.

I ate there last week. I only eat the sandwiches. I don't like soup personally. I usually eat a hot or cold sandwich with the chips. Yum

this exactly the question and answer that appears on the FAQ section

Q: Will the DreamWorks Experience be available on Quantum?

A:Yes, however programming will be available at a later date.

Maybe they just mean the programming schedule will be released at a later date and not the experience. That would make a lot more sense as I dont think its a huge task to get it up and running. Sorry about the confusion!

Have to agree 100% with you. If I want to go to Panera I'll go when I'm home. Although I enjoy Panera when I'm home every so often dread the thought of seeing Panera on a ship!!:eek:....K.O.

A burger place for lunch somewhere close to the pool area makes sense to me.

That's a possibility as it's been stated that the design is similar to the S class on Celebrity.

Many have posted how they enjoyed the grill near the pool.

Edited by celebrity

That's a possibility as it's been stated that the design is similar to the S class on Celebrity.

Many have posted how they enjoyed the grill near the pool.

When I was on the Dream, they have a BBQ/Mexican out on the deck. That was a nice change from the regular grill stuff.

Ship2_2538427k.jpg

The people don't seem too interested in the show! :p

The configuration of this venue is interesting, because if there is a show going on seating will be highly limited. Also, it seems there will be reservations for shows on Quantum the same way there are on Oasis and Allure. I say this because on my reservation I see a link to the list of shows.

As of right now the list is empty: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_QN.pdf

(or more specifically, the file doesn't actually exsist!)