Everything quantum!!!!!!

My guess is either another contract signed for either the fourth Quantum-Class ship or a contract signed for a fourth Oasis-Class ship.:D

Nope... just found out it's the 50 millionth guest. That's the big milestone. Read my post above for details. It's on the norway rccl website

Alright calm down. Just having some wishful thinking.

No worries :) I'm not wound up at all... just didn't know if you had read all the way through the postings to see that the reveal had been located. I was just pointing you to where it was :)

And btw... I adore the oasis class so much, I too would love to see a fourth and to sail them all. I join you in the wishful thinking.

When this new and innovative ship docks in Bermuda in less then 24 months there will be something new and innovative to do in port!

This looks amazing! It's called flyboarding and it's just arrived in Bermuda as a private excursion:

Also coming soon to the Royal Dockyard will be a large 1,700 foot overhead zipline running from a tower at the casemates prison to a platform overlooking snorkel park:

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20120927/NEWS/709279929

New things to do while docked in Bermuda for 1-2 days :cool:

When this new and innovative ship docks in Bermuda in less then 24 months there will be something new and innovative to do in port!

This looks amazing! It's called flyboarding and it's just arrived in Bermuda as a private excursion:

Also coming soon to the Royal Dockyard will be a large 1,700 foot overhead zipline running from a tower at the casemates prison to a platform overlooking snorkel park:

Great find, looking to do the jetpack in the caymans this year

Awesome find! And good investigative work with the #royalWOW. What a terrific milestone, maybe since it is such an amazing thing, they will announce something about Quantum! :cool:

Does anyone have any information on how long the rides on Northstar will be?....I have height issues and claustrophobia, but am taking my elderly father on this cruise, and I know he wants me to join him dearly. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Nobody knows. We have very limited information and if you would have looked on this thread, you would have found out everything we know so far. There will be 14 passengers at once, there will be seating available, jewel-shaped capsule, views from over 300 ft above the water. We don't have any size comparisons or anything. I may have read the duration to be some 15 minutes but I can't tell you if that is 100% correct.

Edited by swim13

Does anyone have any information on how long the rides on Northstar will be?....I have height issues and claustrophobia, but am taking my elderly father on this cruise, and I know he wants me to join him dearly. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

15 minutes. They can not stop to let you off.

I thought I would post the following renderings of the RIPCORD by IFLY as you can see much more detail in this rendering of the area than you can on the large ship renderings.

Notice the stairwell on the left hand side of the first one and the seating area on the upper level over looking the wind tunnel. On the second rendering you can see a covered awning over the seating area and the surrounding railings.

It seems that this is an additional viewing area.

RCL_Render_14_zps3321ee18.jpg

RCL_Render_13_zps7d3d47a4.jpg

I thought I would post the following renderings of the RIPCORD by IFLY as you can see much more detail in this rendering of the area than you can on the large ship renderings.

Notice the stairwell on the left hand side of the first one and the seating area on the upper level over looking the wind tunnel. On the second rendering you can see a covered awning over the seating area and the surrounding railings.

It seems that this is an additional viewing area.

RCL_Render_14_zps3321ee18.jpg

RCL_Render_13_zps7d3d47a4.jpg

Thanks for posting, hadn't seen these before. I'm still not sure that is a seating area as it seems really small. I'm wondering if that may be the control center for the whole thing. Someone has to be monitoring and operating it from somewhere with a good view but out of the way.

Thanks for posting, hadn't seen these before. I'm still not sure that is a seating area as it seems really small. I'm wondering if that may be the control center for the whole thing. Someone has to be monitoring and operating it from somewhere with a good view but out of the way.

Honestly I bet this is where the classes will be held. Remember in order to "fly", you must participate in a class where you learn the safety and how to fly, etc. This seems like a perfect place because you can even see a demo! There would be enough space to put TV's up too. Time will tell.

Kenlorz - I had not seen some of those pictures, thanks! I definitely hope it looks like the official renderings that are on the RCI website though! I don't really like the tree's in there, kind of blocks the view.

Edited by swim13

Kenlorz - I had not seen some of those pictures, thanks! I definitely hope it looks like the official renderings that are on the RCI website though! I don't really like the tree's in there, kind of blocks the view.

Those pictures were all different versions of it during the design process. Similar to how Central Park on the Oasis had about 2 or 3 different designs that were publicly revealed before we got what we see today. If you look at the pictures and try to line them up in order you can see an evolutionary transition through them. The most obvious is between the one with the entertainment in the center with a large led screen that drops down and what we eventually got; the entertainment against the windows with a giant projection wall.

Those pictures were all different versions of it during the design process. Similar to how Central Park on the Oasis had about 2 or 3 different designs that were publicly revealed before we got what we see today. If you look at the pictures and try to line them up in order you can see an evolutionary transition through them. The most obvious is between the one with the entertainment in the center with a large led screen that drops down and what we eventually got; the entertainment against the windows with a giant projection wall.

Yeah I figured, I still remember a rendering of the Royal Promenade on the Oasis class with the barber shop in it instead of the Cupcake Cupboard, lol! Oh and Central Park's first renderings were terrible!

But wow, look at the second to last picture, the one of the ice bar; looks stunning. I don't believe the design of that has really ever changed.

Thanks for posting some of those renderings!

The one thing that bothers me is that the ship is not even built yet, and the teenagers are already trashing it with their feet on the furniture! ;)

Eric

Two70.jpg.0848dc767966d3d7dea38f4fb24be220.jpg

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Thanks for posting some of those renderings!

The one thing that bothers me is that the ship is not even built yet, and the teenagers are already trashing it with their feet on the furniture! ;)

Eric

At least it looks like he's receiving counseling, lol.