Everything quantum!!!!!!

I never claimed anything. I said if she came to Florida it would be Miami. Ft lauderdale already oasis and allure. PC already has ships and is getting the third oasis. NJ will get anthem just like ft lauderdale has both ships. Since majesty is the only ship out of Miami. Their home port that is where I said quantum would port IF they put her in Florida. Can always count on you to try and start a argument again. You can't let it go :rolleyes:

Thanks for proving my point again…you are claiming that PC gets the 3rd Oasis. I imagine that this is what you believe may happen however you make these statements as if they are facts. Same thing happened before the official announcement of Quantum’s homeport. You thought it was impossible for NJ to get Royal's brand new ship. There is no argument on my end….you seem to want to argue at the first post that says anything about the possibility of NJ getting another ship. You can have your doubts (again) but it certainly can happen.

Thanks for proving my point again…you are claiming that PC gets the 3rd Oasis. I imagine that this is what you believe may happen however you make these statements as if they are facts. Same thing happened before the official announcement of Quantum’s homeport. You thought it was impossible for NJ to get Royal's brand new ship. There is no argument on my end….you seem to want to argue at the first post that says anything about the possibility of NJ getting another ship. You can have your doubts (again) but it certainly can happen.

If the 3rd Oasis is in NJ. I am booking. :)

I saw that on Twitter!!! I want to go take a visit to their offices! :D

LOL! Me too

Nice work Tyron!

I hope the keel laying is soon then maybe they'll release some more info.

I live in Brevard county, home of PC and they have been approved for funds to not only widen but to also deepen the channel. I know that they are hoping to get bigger ships, like the Oasis class, but as of right now there has been no news at all of what ships may or may not be coming here. They are also in the planning stages for a new terminal that will be able to accomodate the larger ships.

Let me also quantify that I heard this from a TA and in no way does that mean the TA is 100% correct. I am in agreement with you that this would be excellent. I truly like the Freedom of the Seas and it would be missed by going to Asia, but having another Oasis Class ship at Port Canaveral would be great.

I was thinking Independence would be the one to head to Asia out of the three Freedom ships. Anthem will debut in spring '15 and my bet would be on it taking over Indy's Southampton itineraries

I was thinking Independence would be the one to head to Asia out of the three Freedom ships. Anthem will debut in spring '15 and my bet would be on it taking over Indy's Southampton itineraries

It is a possibility that the Anthem might go to Southampton to replace the Independence. As I mentioned I only heard about the Freedom possibly going to Asia from a TA, and it's possible that the Independence could go back to Ft. Lauderdale where it sails from in the winter and be there year round.

It is a possibility that the Anthem might go to Southampton to replace the Independence. As I mentioned I only heard about the Freedom possibly going to Asia from a TA, and it's possible that the Independence could go back to Ft. Lauderdale where it sails from in the winter and be there year round.

As long as they don't shift Liberty to Asia ;)

Actually having said this, Freedom has Dreamworks experience, etc so may be a better suited choice as they stand today (ignoring that they could just introduce it)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

As long as they don't shift Liberty to Asia ;)

Actually having said this, Freedom has Dreamworks experience, etc so may be a better suited choice as they stand today (ignoring that they could just introduce it)

True.

Does anyone know a possible season Anthem would have it's first sailings? I would love to go but it has to be in the summer since I still have to work around college :/

Anthem is launching in Spring 2015, roughly 6 months after Quantum.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Anthem is launching in Spring 2015, roughly 6 months after Quantum.

That is terrific news! I am out in May so it might be perfect! I knew it might be spring but wasn't sure if it would possibly be towards the end of winter. Thanks!

I live in Brevard county, home of PC and they have been approved for funds to not only widen but to also deepen the channel. I know that they are hoping to get bigger ships, like the Oasis class, but as of right now there has been no news at all of what ships may or may not be coming here. They are also in the planning stages for a new terminal that will be able to accomodate the larger ships.

Did you see the attached article? I doubt they would spend that much money just to hope one of the bigger ships would home port in PC.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130718/NEWS01/307180030/Port-Canaveral-eyes-site-ships-future?nclick_check=1

I've heard the 3rd Oasis will be headed to Florida with one of the existing sisters switching to longer voyages that include additional ports. The new ships would be headed for Miami to take advantage of the new Airport style terminal they want to build.

I notice that Miami has been mentioned a few times. It would make sense to get a new build as we all know by now that NCL is putting Getaway in Miami. NCL put Breakaway in NY/NJ, RCI followed with Quantum. Are they going to do the same in Miami after NCL?

I notice that Miami has been mentioned a few times. It would make sense to get a new build as we all know by now that NCL is putting Getaway in Miami. NCL put Breakaway in NY/NJ, RCI followed with Quantum. Are they going to do the same in Miami after NCL?

I don't know, people have mentioned Southampton. I think these ships are made for cold ports so it would make sense to keep them up somewhere North. We'll have to wait and see!

I don't know, people have mentioned Southampton. I think these ships are made for cold ports so it would make sense to keep them up somewhere North. We'll have to wait and see!

I wish RCI would just announce where all it's upcoming new builds will home port, similar to what NCL did with Breakaway and Getaway. Maybe I missed the whole conversation, but I have not seen too much about Anthem and Southhampton other than here on CC.

And will we know more about Quantum on August 5th? Its about timethey tell us more.

Again stop put words in my mouth and trying to argue. Seriously leave that in NJ. I never said quantum wouldn't anyhow shape or form be in NJ. Yes people claimed they knew blah blah. I never was one. I said I didn't THINK it would go to NJ. Again stop twisting my word. I am saying the third oasis will go to PC. So go ahead run with that one

Max beam on Quantum is listed at 136 feet which less the Voyager class, Freedom class, and Oasis class. I would have thought it would be wider.

I think part of the issue limiting the max beam on Quantum is shipyard. Ships built at Meyer Werft, Papenburg can only be up to a certain max beam due to the size of the building dock in Hall 6. Secondly they have to fit in the first set of locks out to the River Elms. If you email Meyer Werft they will tell you the max size ship they can build. I did the same thing before but don't recall what the numbers were.

Again stop put words in my mouth and trying to argue. Seriously leave that in NJ. I never said quantum wouldn't anyhow shape or form be in NJ. Yes people claimed they knew blah blah. I never was one. I said I didn't THINK it would go to NJ. Again stop twisting my word. I am saying the third oasis will go to PC. So go ahead run with that one
Sounds like you had a bad day.:rolleyes:

I think part of the issue limiting the max beam on Quantum is shipyard. Ships built at Meyer Werft, Papenburg can only be up to a certain max beam due to the size of the building dock in Hall 6. Secondly they have to fit in the first set of locks out to the River Elms. If you email Meyer Werft they will tell you the max size ship they can build. I did the same thing before but don't recall what the numbers were.

You hit the nail squarely on the head there. If you look at Meyer-Werft's facility you will see how narrow those locks to the river are.

I wish RCI would just announce where all it's upcoming new builds will home port, similar to what NCL did with Breakaway and Getaway. Maybe I missed the whole conversation, but I have not seen too much about Anthem and Southhampton other than here on CC.

And will we know more about Quantum on August 5th? Its about timethey tell us more.

Where did you hear something about August 5th?