Everything quantum!!!!!!

[quote name='CroNich']well apparently there will be a waterslide simulator?? Why not just a waterslide?[/QUOTE]

If it is like the one on Discovery I think then the rider could be protected against the elements and enter and exit the ride from inside the ship even if it is externally attached to the Wall / Bulkhead on the Port Side , (similar to where the Climbing Wall is)
Time will tell , and if for no other reason most of the water slides look horrible on a ship.

[quote name='CTRussxiii']I think the previous post was confusing Flowtider (a surfing simulator) with a waters life simulator.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]

What is a waters life simulator?

[quote name='TheDyesolKid']If it is like the one on Discovery I think then the rider could be protected against the elements and enter and exit the ride from inside the ship even if it is externally attached to the Wall / Bulkhead on the Port Side , (similar to where the Climbing Wall is)
Time will tell , and if for no other reason most of the water slides look horrible on a ship.
.[/QUOTE]

I will say that I've strongly supposed for some time that something cool was going to go on the port side directly opposite of the rock climbing wall, because they never show pictures up close of that area on the port side. All the up close pics of the general area are from the starboard side. Now, whether or not they would attach anything externally to that area, I'm not sure, but I do think it will be the general location of something cool. It would be the perfect area for such a thing. The area is designated more to come, it's in the sports complex area, it could work. The donut style simulator would be perfect for cold weather cruising and much more estheticly appealing.

Here is some info on the company who created the simulator:
[url]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=u2vkYBmVCCA[/url]

[quote name='Kenlorz']I will say that I've strongly supposed for some time that something cool was going to go on the port side directly opposite of the rock climbing wall, because they never show pictures up close of that area on the port side. All the up close pics of the general area are from the starboard side. Now, whether or not they would attach anything externally to that area, I'm not sure, but I do think it will be the general location of something cool. It would be the perfect area for such a thing. The area is designated more to come, it's in the sports complex area, it could work. The donut style simulator would be perfect for cold weather cruising and much more estheticly appealing.

Here is some info on the company who created the simulator:
[url]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=u2vkYBmVCCA[/url][/QUOTE]

Can you say extra huge lines longer than the lines for the Windjammer?!

I don't think there will be such a simulator on this ship, why not just build real slides?! I never understood why RCI has neglected to put large slides on their ships like its competitors, they are so much fun! Putting some slides above the SeaPlex may work? :p

[quote name='swim13']Can you say extra huge lines longer than the lines for the Windjammer?!

I don't think there will be such a simulator on this ship, why not just build real slides?! I never understood why RCI has neglected to put large slides on their ships like its competitors, they are so much fun! Putting some slides above the SeaPlex may work? :p[/QUOTE]

The Carnival Sunshine and Norwegian Breakaway seem to be pretty good examples of why Royal Caribbean doesn't do large slides. They are just plain ugly on top of a ship. Most other lines (though Princess hasn't and they seem to be closest to Royal in terms of demographic) have gone for slides and none have figured out a way of integrating them into the ship design well. It seems like if you go back a decade or so they were small and singular allowing them to be hidden, but nowadays they are huge and so numerous they just tower over the ship.

I definitely would like to see a big water slide. On one of the CCL ships they have racer slides that run side by side, my husband and I had a great time racing down those against each other. Come to think of it, my 15 year old daughter and I are sailing on that ship in Oct, I imagine we'll have a race or 2 as well. The slides are fun for adults as well as the kiddos.

But, IF their plan is to construct Quantum for cold weather cruising, it's unlikely they will add a slide on. I'm thinking they'll direct the monies toward inside entertainment if that's the game plan.

[quote name='Losin4crusin']What exactly is the ice bar?[/quote]

It is a bar that has a layer of frost on the top so you can write your name in it. There was one on the Eclipse, I have heard they are on other ships as well. Norwegian Epic has the Ice bar made out of ice.

[quote name='CaptData']It is a bar that has a layer of frost on the top so you can write your name in it. There was one on the Eclipse, I have heard they are on other ships as well. Norwegian Epic has the Ice bar made out of ice.[/QUOTE]

The ice bar on Quantum perplexes me. A true ice bar is a room that is kept at below freezing temps, with a bar made of ice. One dons a fur coat before entering (the coats are dolled out at the entrance) and enjoys extremely cold libations. I know they are very popular out in Vegas and I believe the Breakaway has one.

This particular 'ice bar', OTOH, is in the middle of Two70, so the room will be at a comfortable temperature and not below freezing by any means. I'm not really sure what they plan to do with it, but it probably isn't going to be a true-blue ice bar by any means. Probably no more than you suggest, an icey frosted over bar top. ho-hum.

[quote name='rrraydon']I definitely would like to see a big water slide. On one of the CCL ships they have racer slides that run side by side, my husband and I had a great time racing down those against each other. Come to think of it, my 15 year old daughter and I are sailing on that ship in Oct, I imagine we'll have a race or 2 as well. The slides are fun for adults as well as the kiddos.

But, IF their plan is to construct Quantum for cold weather cruising, it's unlikely they will add a slide on. I'm thinking they'll direct the monies toward inside entertainment if that's the game plan.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, who cares about what the water slides look like on top of the ship, I actually think it makes it look more attractive, especially for families. I'd rather have fun then say, oh my gosh look there are ugly pipes on top of the ship... :p

[quote name='swim13']I totally agree, who cares about what the water slides look like on top of the ship, I actually think it makes it look more attractive, especially for families. I'd rather have fun then say, oh my gosh look there are ugly pipes on top of the ship... :p[/QUOTE]

I agree about the water slides that they are really fun for families but again, this will be a cold weather ship so.......probably not. Time will tell and we'll all be excited about whatever they put there. What about mini golf?

[quote name='tls1012']I have a really dumb question and wondering if I'm missing something on the deck plans but can someone tell me where the main dining room is located? :confused:[/quote]

Not a dumb question at all. RCI has not revealed it yet, but most here are guessing it would be at the aft of decks 3 and 4.

[quote name='tls1012']I agree about the water slides that they are really fun for families but again, this will be a cold weather ship so.......probably not. Time will tell and we'll all be excited about whatever they put there. What about mini golf?[/quote]

I love mini golf. It would be great to see a real elaborate one.. with all the bells and whistles!

[quote name='tls1012']I agree about the water slides that they are really fun for families but again, this will be a cold weather ship so.......probably not. Time will tell and we'll all be excited about whatever they put there. What about mini golf?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that would be cool to have closed slides end in the new indoor pool!

I did not even think about the mini golf, good point!

[quote name='rrraydon']I love mini golf. It would be great to see a real elaborate one.. with all the bells and whistles![/QUOTE]

Completely forgot about that. Royal Caribbean used to love that almost as much as their rock climbing walls. Maybe the indoor area under the iFly will be used for an indoor course that can be used regardless of the weather. Would be a nice family activity for those cold days.

[quote name='DEIx15x8']Completely forgot about that. Royal Caribbean used to love that almost as much as their rock climbing walls. Maybe the indoor area under the iFly will be used for an indoor course that can be used regardless of the weather. Would be a nice family activity for those cold days.[/QUOTE]

I recall reading an interview with Adam Goldstein where he said there WILL be a golf simulator on board. The golf simulator on older ships has always been outdoors right next to the mini-golf. I don't see an outdoor space that would be utilized for such a thing. So, where are they putting it? I'm thinking it would end up indoors... makes most sense that it would be in the "more to come" section behind Seaplex. That said, if there's a golf simulator coming for sure (direct from the main mouths), then I suspect we will see mini-golf, too. I don't think it's far-fetched that it would be indoors at all. You're wish may be granted :). HOWEVER, if the golf simulator goes in that space... is there still room for the rumored slide simulator? Where would that go? If it's even in the realm of possibilities for this ship.