Shareholder Benefit-no reply

kevinyork

Sent off an email with a copy of our paperwork to the email address to get OBC added to our cruise. Got an auto acknowledgement 2 weeks back but nothing further. Sent a follow up email a week ago to ask if they could confirm when it has been added but still nothing.

Does anyone know how long they normally take, if they confirm its been done or if they do not how can I check to see if its been done. We sail in 20 days.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We almost never get any acknowledgement other than the automated one...even if we ask. If I am curious I either phone and leave a message with stockholder relations (they don't ever seem to answer the phone) or I call celebrity (or my TA) and ask them to check. We have never not gotten the OBC when it was deserved...whether or not we have checked.

Thanks for those replies. We booked with Celebrity direct so I will give them a call.

I wonder what's up with this. I had a question about our benefits and got a prompt response via e-mail. It had this info. Maybe some of this could be useful to you. Good luck!

To request your shareholder onboard credit, please provide a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. along with your sailing date, name of vessel and reservation/booking number. You can either: mail the documents to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Investor Benefit, P.O. Box 025511, Miami, Florida 33102-5511, fax the documents to (305) 373-6699 or email jpeg/pdf images of all required documents to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com. Requests should be received in our office approximately 2 - 3 weeks prior to your sail date.

I have used both fax and email to submit requests for the benefit. I have received responses from neither...without my prodding them by leaving multiple messages.

I think there is only one person doing the OBC's and she is likely very busy so responses just don't get made. As I said previously, the credits do appear on cruises where I should get them...whether or not I get a response.

Getting a response (even if you ask) is really hit or miss. When we do not get a response within 2 weeks we generally follow-up with a phone call. Any of the phone clerks can quickly check your cruise reservation to see if the credit has been applies or rejected.

Hank

We have always received a response. In the past the confirmation came within 24 hours. However, last month took just over a week. I called Captain's Club and the rep said that she would follow up for us. Received email within a few hours of the phone call and received a message from the rep too. Hope this helps.

Vinod

If you booked through Celebrity, then call your agent and he/she will take care of the shareholder credit. They have done it for me a couple of times. And I find out within a day.

On another occasion, i scanned the shareholder information directly to the Shareholder's Relations Department. I received an answer within a week.

I never get a response, but the credit is always there.

I now send in my info, then take the details with me on the cruise. If the credit isn't there by day 3 I'd visit Guest Relations - but in 15 cruises I've never needed to do this.

Ok, I emailed Celebrity Reservations this morning and got a reply from Shareholder Benefit just now confirming the OBC. Would it be so hard to just email people bac especially if youve asked for confirmation when emailing in your documents.? Might save them time responding to follow up emails in the long run.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Archived