Table assignments for dinner

I would think the waitlist would be a high probability of success for you. In general terms most planners can easily find space for one person much easier than larger groups.

From talking to lots of people, availability seems to vary from ship to ship, sailing to sailing depending on many factors. I suspect, from people I have talked to they keep a certain number of any particular seating set aside till right before a cruise to allow themselves some flexability.

This thread is the first I'm hearing of travel agents reserving large blocks of tables pre-cruise. Who knew? :confused:

Fortunately, I have hooked up with some others in the CC Roll Call who were also waitlisted, and we're putting together our own table using MTD at a time between both seatings, so it's all good. :D

Karen

I've tried sending our dining request to rcidining@rccl.com/rcldining@rccl.com as suggested earlier in the thread, but keep getting an error e-mail to say the recipients email address does not exist :( :confused:

Anyone have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks!

The correct email address is [noparse]rcldining@rccl.com[/noparse]. There are no slashes in the email address.

Hi Yes I am aware, the slash was opposed to the word 'and'.. I tried both rcldining@rccl.com and rcidining@rccl.com but received error messages and the email came back to me:confused::(

Sorry I misunderstood your previous post.

The last time I used that email was this past March and it worked fine then. Perhaps someone with more recent experience could confirm that email address is still working.

Sorry I misunderstood your previous post.

The last time I used that email was this past March and it worked fine then. Perhaps someone with more recent experience could confirm that email address is still working.

Sent our request in last week and got a return email saying they have made a note in our serration and we would here more closer to sailing!!

Sent our request in last week and got a return email saying they have made a note in our serration and we would here more closer to sailing!!

Thanks for the confirmation.

We were on a 16 night TA and at a table for 8 with early dining. One couple NEVER showed and we would have been VERY happy to have another couple take their place. I would suggest talking to the maître d and ask if there are any situations like this.

We are a group of nine and requested 6 pm on the LOS.

What's a good location - window or near the railings/steps to see the dining room shows.

We prefer the window. There are usually only one or two dining room "events" during a cruise that you would see by being near the railing.

I have also had success with that email method. I even tried it before our last Celebrity cruise, and we got a lovely table by the window. Coincidence? maybe, but I was happy regardless.

What is the email for Celebrity dining?

We are Diamond members and in past never had to wait list. However for our upcoming Bermuda cruise on Grandeur we were on wait list when first booked but within a month we were put in late dining like we requested. I emailed the dining coordinator and asked for a table for 6 only near window if possible and received confirmation with a diagram showing where we would be sitting. So far RCC has always tried to accomodate us in the dining room. :)

How long before you got a reply/confirm. I sent my request some 4 days ago and haven't received a reply. I was told that you could only do this within 50 days of your cruise.

We are a group of nine and requested 6 pm on the LOS.

What's a good location - window or near the railings/steps to see the dining room shows.

We prefer the windows, but not because you can actually see anything. We choose late seating, so most of the time it's dark outside. The window may as well be a mirror. The reason we prefer a window is it's away from the dining room traffic and some of the noise. At 6pm you may be able to see something, but don't expect a fantastic view.

I don't believe you can choose your seating location until you are D+. You can choose small or large table.

We had MTD in April on Mariner for a seating for 4 with day to day reservations. We had the same 6 seat table right at the top of the staircase and the same staff every night we went to the MDR except one night they had us at the table right next to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived