live from marina!!!!!!! Musings from an O newbie - Azamara cheerleader.

cindilouwho

I have a PACKING problem

I don't consider the SHOPPING a problem. LOL

Different strokes for different folks! :D

I am not a shopper, but that doesn't mean we've never made an expensive purchase on a trip. Then there's the time we came home with five rugs from Turkey ... caveat: three of them were tiny!

But perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "problem"! I will grant you that.

Mura

Cindy. you look GREAT. Congratulations on your diet. :)

Thanks so much ..... it really feels good to be healthy, happy with the way I look and feel and to be able to enjoy shopping for clothes again!!!

Yes Laraine - I too have a shopping addiction but the only clothes I bought this trip were 2 bras in Finland - European designer and less than half what I pay here. I REALLY should have bought a two piece bathing suit there ... old school style with high waist and a REAL bra top that keep the "girls" in line!

Just cropped my hair off and getting ready to remove the chicken neck in December! :eek: :o

Thanks to Andrea Platzman - Nutritionist, weight coach, miracle worker - who I met on my cruise in 2011 and got me to change my entire way of looking at how to eat and never to diet anymore! Also - The Fast Metabolism diet by Haylie Pomeroy that got me down the last 10 pounds in 2 months before my cruise....both of them are healthy eating advocates.

I am gluten-free, dairy-free and 60 pounds lighter and down from a size 14++ to size 8! Healthy, happy and ready to be in attendance at the weddings, bar-mitzvahs and anything else that my grandkids and GREAT grandkids have in store for me!

OH - also in great shape for my travels around the world! ;)

I have been toying with the idea of marrying nutritious eating and lifestyle and travel! It would be so great to be able to have a "coach" traveling with you that helps folks make healthy choices while still enjoying great food. Anyone agree?

Happy to report that I didn't gain any weight on my last cruise.....even though I ate and drank!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!! :D

Thanks so much ..... it really feels good to be healthy, happy with the way I look and feel and to be able to enjoy shopping for clothes again!!!

Yes Laraine - I too have a shopping addiction but the only clothes I bought this trip were 2 bras in Finland - European designer and less than half what I pay here. I REALLY should have bought a two piece bathing suit there ... old school style with high waist and a REAL bra top that keep the "girls" in line!

Just cropped my hair off and getting ready to remove the chicken neck in December! :eek: :o

Thanks to Andrea Platzman - Nutritionist, weight coach, miracle worker - who I met on my cruise in 2011 and got me to change my entire way of looking at how to eat and never to diet anymore! Also - The Fast Metabolism diet by Haylie Pomeroy that got me down the last 10 pounds in 2 months before my cruise....both of them are healthy eating advocates.

I am gluten-free, dairy-free and 60 pounds lighter and down from a size 14++ to size 8! Healthy, happy and ready to be in attendance at the weddings, bar-mitzvahs and anything else that my grandkids and GREAT grandkids have in store for me!

OH - also in great shape for my travels around the world! ;)

I have been toying with the idea of marrying nutritious eating and lifestyle and travel! It would be so great to be able to have a "coach" traveling with you that helps folks make healthy choices while still enjoying great food. Anyone agree?

Happy to report that I didn't gain any weight on my last cruise.....even though I ate and drank!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!! :D

2 bras? You do NOT qualify as a shopaholic. LOL

Admire your efforts to be the best you can be. I am right there with you.

I sent you a private email.

2 bras? You do NOT qualify as a shopaholic. LOL

Admire your efforts to be the best you can be. I am right there with you.

I sent you a private email.

The limited space in my bag deters me....you have to see my 4 closets full of clothes --- then I DARE YOU to not call me a shopaholic! I just refrain from shopping on my travels - UNLESS it is a weekend to New York or Chicago or to Miami and Sawgrass Mills!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then all bets are OFF!

You can be sure that there will be a few things coming home with me from my week in LBI, NJ. Us Canucks cannot resist the shopping south of the border.

My big weakness is stuff for my home .... I have had to de-hoard myself several times per year!!! :eek:

I will be shopping till I drop in Istanbul (no rugs)

Oh, Laraine, I still have nine months to wait until I finally return to Istanbul. I am not a shopper, but I thought the shopping in Istanbul was fantastic. I have been waiting to return to Istanbul since my very first cruise which embarked from there in September 2008.

Oh, Laraine, I still have nine months to wait until I finally return to Istanbul. I am not a shopper, but I thought the shopping in Istanbul was fantastic. I have been waiting to return to Istanbul since my very first cruise which embarked from there in September 2008.

So what kind of things, other than rugs are the big items there? We embark there here in a few months, have an overnight there on the ship before we leave the next day.

I have a list and some wholesale connections

Anything cotton

Ultra luxury towels

Bath stuff

Amazing jewelry. Costume jewelry that will amaze as well as the real deal

Leather

Pashmina Real not fake

Suzani boots and shoes

And much more

If someone can remind me I will include shopping in my review of my first Azamara cruise when I return

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Also pillow covers in lovely patterns; glass tea sets; a variety of beautiful calligraphy items created as you wait; yes, lovely real pashminas; gorgeous pottery/tiles.

If you stop at Kusadasi port (for Ephesus), right outside the port, there are several streets of good shopping, so husband could return to ship after our private tour while I shopped for some nice gold earrings and Iznik-style pottery without the bored spouse standing patiently outside the shop's door.

• 2 weeks later...

Report on Comfy USA Clothes. Just returned from an AMA River Cruise, and did carry on with my new Comfy USA clothes. Just loved the clothes.(not the cruise!). I felt like I was wearing PJs. They wash very easily, and dry overnight. However, you are supposed to tie them in a knot to keep the wrinkles in, so tied them for a few hours and then let it out to dry. The knot delays drying, but still worked great.

Report on Comfy USA Clothes. Just returned from an AMA River Cruise, and did carry on with my new Comfy USA clothes. Just loved the clothes.(not the cruise!). I felt like I was wearing PJs. They wash very easily, and dry overnight. However, you are supposed to tie them in a knot to keep the wrinkles in, so tied them for a few hours and then let it out to dry. The knot delays drying, but still worked great.

I have never heard of Comfy USA Clothes.....is that a brand name? I travel with my Chicos Travelers clothes and love how everything folds up and never wrinkles.

Why didn't you like your river cruise? What itinerary did you take.

Marion

Archived