Breakaway Suite 11908 ~ Suite Life in an S6

Hi , mom on the go

great info --contemplating booking an aft penthouse suite on the breakaway

Did you have access to the haven spa?

No, this suite doesn't qualify, you would have to book an S9 if you want both spa and haven access. Spa suites are much smaller, square-foot-wise, and do not have that fabulous aft balcony. We opted for the fabulous space, and then we could purchase a weekly or daily spa pass if we wished.

Just a question on the spa access, my ta said we have spa access during the day that is included. Is that incorrect? Thanks for the great info.

Only "Spa" rooms (B9 balcony, M9 mini suite, S9 suite) have automatic spa access. You can purchase a daily or weekly spa pass, but you do not have automatic access to the spa from this S6 suite.

When in October? We are also booked on Getaway on 18th October 2014 in an S6 cabin - 12904.

Please post pictures or video, we sail in 12904 in January 2015 on Getaway! I understand the footprint is the same as Breakaway. Would really appreciate your thoughts. Have you seen any pics of the Penthouse yet?

Edited by countess5

Please post pictures or video, we sail in 12904 in January 2015 on Getaway! I understand the footprint is the same as Breakaway. Would really appreciate your thoughts. Have you seen any pics of the Penthouse yet?

12904 is my room on breakaway 10/05/14!!!

Here are pictures of that room!!!

They are from this thread: post #20 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1849255

Enjoy!!

Looking at the pictures again. It's bitter cold here and they're calling for snow Sunday night possibly all the way into TUESDAY!!! If my girls don't have school Monday, there will be 5 days tacked on the end of the year!! (Already have 4) uuuggghhhh!

So looking at the pictures gives me a little escape! I can't wait to go on this cruise and have that room!! It'll be my girls' (9&7 @ sailing) first cruise (what were we thinking spoiling them with the suite life for their first experience!?!?) and I think the accommodations are going to be perfect for us! Only thing I'd change, if I could is that I'd prefer to be on other side of ship because people have reported being able to see fireworks from their balconies on that side. Oh well, we'll just have to keep the girls up late and be out with the crowd that night!! Our only vacation experience, as a family, has been Disney where I got up at 6/6:30 to get myself ready before getting the others up and out the door for our breakfast reservations and/of getting in the parks at opening time! :eek: this cruise is going to be SO MUCH MORE LAID BACK! I'm hoping the girls cooperate and sleep in! They usually wake up same time when they stay up late! Uuuggghhhh :confused: but maybe after 2 nights they'll sleep in!? Please tell me those curtains block all light!! Lol

I'll try to do a review (never did one AND my computer is a dinosaur, pretty much useless. I shouldn't say I own one! Can I upload pics from ipad!? I need to study how to do that!)

The curtains in both the bedroom and living room (Decks 11 & 14) are the light blocking variety. If you keep them entirely closed, you will not even realize it's daytime. Fear not, your girls should sleep in! There are so many activities to keep them busy during the day, they should conk out the minute their heads hit the pillows! Enjoy your cruise!!! :D

The curtains in both the bedroom and living room (Decks 11 & 14) are the light blocking variety. If you keep them entirely closed, you will not even realize it's daytime. Fear not, your girls should sleep in! There are so many activities to keep them busy during the day, they should conk out the minute their heads hit the pillows! Enjoy your cruise!!! :D

What I figured...the curtains, activities... I just can't wait!! SOOO glad I found this site!! :cool:

Looking at the pictures again. It's bitter cold here and they're calling for snow Sunday night possibly all the way into TUESDAY!!! If my girls don't have school Monday, there will be 5 days tacked on the end of the year!! (Already have 4) uuuggghhhh!

So looking at the pictures gives me a little escape! I can't wait to go on this cruise and have that room!! It'll be my girls' (9&7 @ sailing) first cruise (what were we thinking spoiling them with the suite life for their first experience!?!?) and I think the accommodations are going to be perfect for us! Only thing I'd change, if I could is that I'd prefer to be on other side of ship because people have reported being able to see fireworks from their balconies on that side. Oh well, we'll just have to keep the girls up late and be out with the crowd that night!! Our only vacation experience, as a family, has been Disney where I got up at 6/6:30 to get myself ready before getting the others up and out the door for our breakfast reservations and/of getting in the parks at opening time! :eek: this cruise is going to be SO MUCH MORE LAID BACK! I'm hoping the girls cooperate and sleep in! They usually wake up same time when they stay up late! Uuuggghhhh :confused: but maybe after 2 nights they'll sleep in!? Please tell me those curtains block all light!! Lol

I'll try to do a review (never did one AND my computer is a dinosaur, pretty much useless. I shouldn't say I own one! Can I upload pics from ipad!? I need to study how to do that!)

Don't worry about hanging with the crowd for the fireworks. You can come to our room for them. We have a large balcony on the port side. And by then, our girls will be fast friends. ;)

Don't worry about hanging with the crowd for the fireworks. You can come to our room for them. We have a large balcony on the port side. And by then, our girls will be fast friends. ;)

Thanks for the invite! My husband thinks it's funny I'm making friends already! Wait til he hears we already got invited over! Lol

Mackenzie is convinced your Melissa was in her class last year. There was a Melissa who moved to NY. So I told her I'd ask if you moved from NJ.

Thanks for the invite! My husband thinks it's funny I'm making friends already! Wait til he hears we already got invited over! Lol

Mackenzie is convinced your Melissa was in her class last year. There was a Melissa who moved to NY. So I told her I'd ask if you moved from NJ.

LOL. My husband, too!

And no, we've never lived in NJ, but we have family in Milburn. :D

12904 is my room on breakaway 10/05/14!!!

Here are pictures of that room!!!

They are from this thread: post #20 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1849255

Enjoy!!

Thanks! Will be reading "a lot" of reviews during the year. Hope people post pics and video for us all to enjoy while we wait. :)

HI,

Great review.

I was wondering about the outlets in the cabin. Do the S6 have more than a balcony. I have booked a S6 on deck 10 and was wondering if i need to pack a power strip. thanks

We did not pack a power strip. There were several outlets in this suite. In living room & dining room area there was 1 outlet near dining room table, one outlet behind the coffee machine on the bar and 1 outlet by the sofa. In the bedroom, there was 1 outlet by the bed/closet area and 1 by the vanity table near the balcony. In each bathroom there was an outlet as well.

We did not pack a power strip. There were several outlets in this suite. In living room & dining room area there was 1 outlet near dining room table, one outlet behind the coffee machine on the bar and 1 outlet by the sofa. In the bedroom, there was 1 outlet by the bed/closet area and 1 by the vanity table near the balcony. In each bathroom there was an outlet as well.

Thank you so very much for the info....one less thing to pack.

I too have booked this suite due to your wonderful review!

How was the sailaway view? Were you able to see the Statue of Liberty from the balcony?

Thank you!

Yes, we enjoyed some of the sailaway party in H20 Spice, then went down to our balcony and enjoyed the view of BOTH downtown Manhattan (Wall St. District) and Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty. The beauty of the aft balcony is that you can see both the port and starboard sides from your lounger!

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp734%3A7%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78268347nu0mrj

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp54369%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C788%3C4347nu0mrj

Super review.

Thank you!

Yes, we enjoyed some of the sailaway party in H20 Spice, then went down to our balcony and enjoyed the view of BOTH downtown Manhattan (Wall St. District) and Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty. The beauty of the aft balcony is that you can see both the port and starboard sides from your lounger!

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp734%3A7%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78268347nu0mrj

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp54369%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C788%3C4347nu0mrj

Thank you!

I've been wondering If we wanted to go to the Sail away party OR hang out on our deck 12 S6 balcony. I never though of doing BOTH! DUUHHH!:eek: thanks for the idea!

Edited by English101

I've been wondering If we wanted to go to the Sail away party OR hang out on our deck 12 S6 balcony. I never though of doing BOTH! DUUHHH!:eek: thanks for the idea!

Absolutely do both!!! Best part is that it only takes about a minute to get from Spice down to your aft suite! Quick ride from the aft elevator, or just a few floors down on the aft stairs! It takes a much longer time to get to Haven area since it is so far forward...that is one LOOOONG ship!

Immediately after muster we went directly to H20 Spice and grabbed a really nice comfortable seating area toward the left side, near the bar. Ordered up some sailaway drinks and enjoyed the sailaway party for almost an hour. Then as we got closer to the tip of Manhattan and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge we went down to our balcony and waved to our family and friends watching on the NYC harbor webcam until we sailed under the bridge

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4396%3Dot%3E479%3A%3D478%3D347%3DXROQDF%3E2575%3B87354256ot1lsi This was our spot in Spice

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp54356%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C578%3B8347nu0mrj very nice spot to enjoy sailaway party

Absolutely do both!!! Best part is that it only takes about a minute to get from Spice down to your aft suite! Quick ride from the aft elevator, or just a few floors down on the aft stairs! It takes a much longer time to get to Haven area since it is so far forward...that is one LOOOONG ship!

Immediately after muster we went directly to H20 Spice and grabbed a really nice comfortable seating area toward the left side, near the bar. Ordered up some sailaway drinks and enjoyed the sailaway party for almost an hour. Then as we got closer to the tip of Manhattan and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge we went down to our balcony and waved to our family and friends watching on the NYC harbor webcam until we sailed under the bridge

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4396%3Dot%3E479%3A%3D478%3D347%3DXROQDF%3E2575%3B87354256ot1lsi This was our spot in Spice

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp54356%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C578%3B8347nu0mrj very nice spot to enjoy sailaway party

Thanks! That does look like a great spot!! Did they have anything going on in the Haven courtyard? Maybe not since you can't see out to the water, except upstairs and on sun deck?