Breakaway Suite 11908 ~ Suite Life in an S6

Part of me wishes I was! Awesome. I sailed with a total of 8...we had a forward facing penthouse, a courtyard penthouse with the connecting (once in a lifetime!) DOS. All I can say is that I still miss that week each and every day!

We are in an OS next summer on the Gem, but I've waffled back and forth re: aft. I wonder if aft is better for a port intensive itinerary as we won't be in our cabin quite as much...but when we are, we want a great space and an even greater balcony! I have a feeling we may spend a lot of time on the ship while in Port Canaveral and Nassau.

Anyway...thanks again for your great review, and of course, I especially appreciate your shout out to the awesome robes!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have this suite booked for Aug 2014. I was on the BA last month and on disembark morning I went to see if the door was open to the suite so I can get a sneak peak of the cabin and it was open :D I can't believe how big it is!! I saw your pics but pics don't compare to seeing it in person. It's amazing!! Aug 24 2014 can't come soon enough!!!! Lol

Ah, the balcony! Even some fellow travelers from deck 16 haven suites were amazed at the size of those aft balconies.

Balcony...you had me at "Hello"

232323232%7Ffp54352%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C7898%3B347nu0mrj

Are these the shoes you bought on the way to the Cruise to Nowhere? Love them!!!!

Hi Joanne!!!!! Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods...LOL, yes, those were "the shoes"...and you are the 2nd person from our CTN to pick that out (mizlorinj was the first!) Hope to cruise together with you guys soon, I had such a blast on that little 2-nighter! :D

Dear OnTheGoMom921,

I have read this fabulous review over and over again and looked at the fabulous photos many times. This has been so helpful as 3 weeks from today I will be in this exact suite and your wonderful review has only heightened my anticipation.

I do have an important question or two. Like you, I am a big planner. I have notified the "pre concierge" of my requests. However, you indicated that you made a list for your butler which you presented to him on day one. I too would like to do exactly the same thing. I have some thoughts on this list, but I would greatly appreciate knowing the kinds of things that you outlined in advance for your butler. As well, it appears that you and your family ate breakfast in the suite many mornings. Did you just fill out the breakfast order form or did you give the butler your order the day before?

I have sailed Celebrity with fantastic butlers and NCL many years ago when the owners suite had two butlers which were both so amazing. My last cruise on NCL Sun had a butler that was very, very disappointing and I just gave up on asking for anything. Any thoughts you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you for an amazing review. I so appreciate it.

I have this suite booked for Aug 2014. I was on the BA last month and on disembark morning I went to see if the door was open to the suite so I can get a sneak peak of the cabin and it was open :D I can't believe how big it is!! I saw your pics but pics don't compare to seeing it in person. It's amazing!! Aug 24 2014 can't come soon enough!!!! Lol

Melissa, enjoy your cruise...hard to wait until 2014, but you have so much to look forward to!! :)

Dear OnTheGoMom921,

I have read this fabulous review over and over again and looked at the fabulous photos many times. This has been so helpful as 3 weeks from today I will be in this exact suite and your wonderful review has only heightened my anticipation.

I do have an important question or two. Like you, I am a big planner. I have notified the "pre concierge" of my requests. However, you indicated that you made a list for your butler which you presented to him on day one. I too would like to do exactly the same thing. I have some thoughts on this list, but I would greatly appreciate knowing the kinds of things that you outlined in advance for your butler. As well, it appears that you and your family ate breakfast in the suite many mornings. Did you just fill out the breakfast order form or did you give the butler your order the day before?

I have sailed Celebrity with fantastic butlers and NCL many years ago when the owners suite had two butlers which were both so amazing. My last cruise on NCL Sun had a butler that was very, very disappointing and I just gave up on asking for anything. Any thoughts you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you for an amazing review. I so appreciate it.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I know I was desperate for any tidbit of information regarding our suite and amenities I could get my hands on! It also helps fuel the anticipation (that's almost as good as the cruise itself!)

The Haven Restaurant menus have been posted on CC a few times. I took advantage and printed a copy out to keep with our cruise docs. I also typed out all our pre-concierge requests and added some items I knew I wanted in the suite, but were not covered in the pre-concierge phone call. We also knew we were having a cabin crawl...SO... here is the actual letter to our butler:

We would like the honor bar emptied, we would also like a water pitcher in the fridge as well as half and half for our coffee/tea.

Robert’s preferences are regular coffee, dark roasts, and espresso.

Michele prefers English Breakfast Tea, so a carafe of boiling water would be appreciated for the room as well.

Samantha enjoys Hot Chocolate and Green Tea with Honey.

We also prefer to use Sugar in the Raw as opposed to regular sugar. We would also love a cookie plate on hand in our room (we love our chocolaty snacks!)

We would like a foam topper for the sofa bed. Bed must be made each day so we can have use of the sofa.

Monday, June 24 – We would like breakfast delivered to our suite at 7:30 am. Our selections are:

Robert: Steak & Eggs (med. Rare)

Michele: 3 egg omelet (3whites/1yolk) with peppers, onion & tomatoes

Sami: Tahitian Vanilla Challah French Toast, side of bacon

2 orange juices, 1 apple juice, hot water/tea carafe

6 chocolate croissants

Fresh fruit/melon platter

Monday, June 24, at approx.1 pm…we will be having a group of friends visiting cabin. We would appreciate some refreshments set up on Balcony table. A pitcher of Iced Tea and a pitcher of Lemonade along with any snack (fruit/cookies, etc)

Thank you so much, in advance. We are looking forward to our wonderful vacation aboard the Breakaway.

PS. We LOVE chocolaty snacks!

Sincerely,

Michele, Robert & Samantha

Our butler was Marlon, he honored every request we made, in a very timely manner, although maybe not as personable as our room steward, Joemar, who was one of the best stewards we've had, and extremely personable! My whole family hugged him as we were disembarking. I also felt the need to give him a substantial tip, even though the steward is included in the DSC. They both worked very hard to make our week on board flawless. Also take advantage of the Haven Restaurant. Mr. Singh will make sure you are well taken care of!

Have a wonderful cruise! When you come back, we would love to read YOUR review!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dear "on the go Mom 921",

I just want to thank you one more time for your fantastic review of the suite and all of the wonderful information. I am all packed and the town car picks me up at 7:45am tomorrow morning and then we sail for a week in that fabulous suite. Thank you so much for contributing to my excitement and joy in anticipating this cruise.

Hello. We got to the suite about 12:30. It really is beautiful but the living room and dining room are much narrower than I expected. BTW, Joemar says hello. He remembers you and your husband and daughter. He is a sweetheart! We still have not met our butler yet. I will let you know who that is. It is a very gray day with drizzle so unfortunately it will not be the clearest sail away. But, I am sure we can suffer on that wonderful balcony.

Anyhow, now that the day is here I just wanted to thank you again for the wonderful review.

Hi Joanne!!!!! Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods...LOL, yes, those were "the shoes"...and you are the 2nd person from our CTN to pick that out (mizlorinj was the first!) Hope to cruise together with you guys soon, I had such a blast on that little 2-nighter! :D

I thought so! We also had a great time with you, too. We are booked on the BA in October 2014 in an M6. I don't mind the smaller stateroom, but we need a large balcony!

We are doing the lunch tour of the BA on November 24, so I can check out all of the different types of rooms then.

Another CTN may be necessary to get through the next 364 days!

Hello. We got to the suite about 12:30. It really is beautiful but the living room and dining room are much narrower than I expected. BTW, Joemar says hello. He remembers you and your husband and daughter. He is a sweetheart! We still have not met our butler yet. I will let you know who that is. It is a very gray day with drizzle so unfortunately it will not be the clearest sail away. But, I am sure we can suffer on that wonderful balcony.

Anyhow, now that the day is here I just wanted to thank you again for the wonderful review.

Give Joemar another great big hug for us, he is such a sweetheart indeed! Hope the weather breaks for you and have a fabulous time in "our" suite! Be sure to enjoy as many lovely breakfasts there as you can. And when you do venture to the Haven Restaurant, say "hello" to Mr. Singh for us as well...Glad it's finally your turn!!! Happy cruising, and SMOOTH SAILING!! Please remember to come back and tell us all about your trip!!!

Yes, please come back and tell us everything. I am in this same suite on October 20, all thanks to Onthegomom. I switched from a deck 9 S6 to this one based on her review.

Please let me know if Slam Allen will be back. I hope to get to see him on my cruise.

Thanks,

Marilyn

I am sitting here on that lovely lounge chair on the balcony typing this to you. Joemar is the best cabin steward I have ever had in 27 cruises. He simply must come home with me! What a magnificent ship. Last night was LeBistro and tonight is Ocean Blue. Our butler, Lucky, brough a fantastic breakfast to the suite balcony this morning. A beautiful day after we left the NY grey weather. Tomorrow will be spent in the Haven. 4,200 people on board. Every cabin sold but less than 250 children aboard. Having a wonderful time! Joemar is so happy because he remembers that you sad he was even better than GiGi. I am sure you know what he means. Bye for now!

I am sitting here on that lovely lounge chair on the balcony typing this to you. Joemar is the best cabin steward I have ever had in 27 cruises. He simply must come home with me! What a magnificent ship. Last night was LeBistro and tonight is Ocean Blue. Our butler, Lucky, brough a fantastic breakfast to the suite balcony this morning. A beautiful day after we left the NY grey weather. Tomorrow will be spent in the Haven. 4,200 people on board. Every cabin sold but less than 250 children aboard. Having a wonderful time! Joemar is so happy because he remembers that you sad he was even better than GiGi. I am sure you know what he means. Bye for now!

SOOOO glad to know that you are having a wonderful time, and enjoying everything that NCL and the Breakaway have to offer. This post makes my day. :)

4200 isn't bad during summer they were averaging 4900 per week

I thought so! We also had a great time with you, too. We are booked on the BA in October 2014 in an M6. I don't mind the smaller stateroom, but we need a large balcony!

We are doing the lunch tour of the BA on November 24, so I can check out all of the different types of rooms then.

Another CTN may be necessary to get through the next 364 days!

Enjoy the lunch tour! We tried to get a tour for my mom & dad, just so they could see the ship, maybe get them interested in doing a cruise. Did you arrange it through a local TA? I would love to learn how to hook them up with a tour. And, I hear you in regards to the CTN. Sometimes the withdrawal symptoms are just too much! Our next cruise is end of June 2014 and it's just too long of a wait! Hoping to cruise with you guys sometime in the future. We had such a good time with you and our roll call on that trip!

TC,

How wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip, it will make me feel like I was there all over again! And yes, I do know what Joemar's comment means. :) I told him that my favorite steward ever was Gigi from the Gem (PS, she is FABULOUS!) but that Joemar was EVEN BETTER! He was very flattered, as he knows Gigi. Please make sure you tell Joemar how I've sung his praises here on CC!! And fill out a vacation hero card for him as well...of course I did.

OK.....now I understand. Since you were so kind to me In sharing your experience, I will share daily events to hopefully allow you to relive your wonderful vacation. Ocean Blue was amazing. Geoffrey Zakarian was on the ship on Saturday and for all of those that complained that there were no sides, they now exist. More details when I do not have to pay expensive internet charges.

I am sitting in this wonderful bliss bed about to go to sleep since we lose an hour tonight. We will, as you suggest, have the butler bring another wonderful breakfast to the balcony. Mr. Singh was a gem in the Haven restaurant. I just cannot continue to eat like this as I will need a truck to roll me off of the ship. Precious minutes so only the daily highlights for now.

Joemar says hello once again.

OK.....now I understand. Since you were so kind to me In sharing your experience, I will share daily events to hopefully allow you to relive your wonderful vacation. Ocean Blue was amazing. Geoffrey Zakarian was on the ship on Saturday and for all of those that complained that there were no sides, they now exist. More details when I do not have to pay expensive internet charges.

I am sitting in this wonderful bliss bed about to go to sleep since we lose an hour tonight. We will, as you suggest, have the butler bring another wonderful breakfast to the balcony. Mr. Singh was a gem in the Haven restaurant. I just cannot continue to eat like this as I will need a truck to roll me off of the ship. Precious minutes so only the daily highlights for now.

Joemar says hello once again.

Sometimes I find it hard to find reviews from people staying in my category room and also other haven reviews. I would love to hear about your experience. Will you continue to post here or will you post a review somewhere else? I have been dreaming about this cruise for 7 months and have JUST less than a year to go! :eek:

That is good to know about sides now being available at Ocean Blue!! I can't wait to hear about everything else!!!

I can almost feel the breeze from the balcony, enjoying breakfast from the Haven brought and set on the balcony table. Effortlessly for me, as I snuggle in that soft, luxurious robe and indulge in way too many calories! PS, if you ask Lucky to find you some peach nectar or orange juice, added to your suite's complimentary sparkling wine, you can enjoy some Bellini's or Mimosa's while you lounge overlooking Bermuda tomorrow morning. Great way to start a hectic day of sight-seeing! :)

Edited by OnTheGoMom921

Joemar sent a hug for you this morning. I got very teary as I left the suite at 9:00 am and he asked if he could hug me. He said to let you know that he has leave beginning in January and then will be on the Pearl at the end of March. I adore him. It was an amazing cruise...as long as you are in the Haven. I will try and do a review in the coming week to 10 days.