Breakaway Suite 11908 ~ Suite Life in an S6

Thanks! That does look like a great spot!! Did they have anything going on in the Haven courtyard? Maybe not since you can't see out to the water, except upstairs and on sun deck?

Upstairs on the Haven Sundeck you have spectacular views in front of you. Although the "NY view" side is a tiny bit obscured by the solid white wall separating the Haven sundeck from the public sundeck. I do not know if they have a sailaway party there, as it was a 10 minute "commute" from the aft to the front of the ship, and we preferred the energy of the crowds and the dance party in H20 with our cocktails for sailaway. I think the Haven sundeck would be a bit more subdued (no loud music and dancing). Don't get me wrong, as we happily walked back and forth for the Haven facilities the rest of the week, just to escape those same crowds!!!

WE are sailng in June- what is the most direct route from 11908 to the Haven area? thanks- we booked this suite months ago, your review and pics sold us!

Basically, we changed our route all the time, sometimes we walked as far forward on the cabin decks (that's how we noticed that some hallways are wider than others, btw) until the forward elevator bank, then rode up to 16. That seemed to be the quickest route.

Sometimes we meandered through decks 678 just to see what was going on. It was also pleasant to walk the outside on the waterfront (Deck 8) .

Our least favorite was maneuvering through the pool deck and garden café areas, as they are very congested and have many "dead ends". You will quickly find your best "commute" but it does take a bit of time, as the hallways sometime seem never-ending. There is just no way to get from forward to aft on the higher decks as they don't connect. Not to worry, You will have your bearings by day 2!

I'm so glad you found the information helpful! You will love your suite!!!!

Edited by OnTheGoMom921

WE are sailng in June- what is the most direct route from 11908 to the Haven area? thanks- we booked this suite months ago, your review and pics sold us!

When in June are you going? My Family and I will be in 11308 on June 29th.

Upstairs on the Haven Sundeck you have spectacular views in front of you. Although the "NY view" side is a tiny bit obscured by the solid white wall separating the Haven sundeck from the public sundeck. I do not know if they have a sailaway party there, as it was a 10 minute "commute" from the aft to the front of the ship, and we preferred the energy of the crowds and the dance party in H20 with our cocktails for sailaway. I think the Haven sundeck would be a bit more subdued (no loud music and dancing). Don't get me wrong, as we happily walked back and forth for the Haven facilities the rest of the week, just to escape those same crowds!!!

Hi Michelle, I had a great time reading your family adventure and stuff about s6, I'm still deciding if I will book our cruise to Bermuda to s6 or s4, we are family of 4 (kids 1 and 7 y/o) please advise.. Thank you.

I can almost feel the breeze from the balcony, enjoying breakfast from the Haven brought and set on the balcony table. Effortlessly for me, as I snuggle in that soft, luxurious robe and indulge in way too many calories! PS, if you ask Lucky to find you some peach nectar or orange juice, added to your suite's complimentary sparkling wine, you can enjoy some Bellini's or Mimosa's while you lounge overlooking Bermuda tomorrow morning. Great way to start a hectic day of sight-seeing! :)

Hi Michelle, I had a great time reading your family adventure and stuff about s6, I'm still deciding if I will book our cruise to Bermuda to s6 or s4, we are family of 4 (kids 1 and 7 y/o) please advise.. Thank you.

I'm not the OP but, I'm going to give you a few things to think about.

I attached a floorplan of the S4. I have yet to see an S6 floorplan but it is very similar to the S4. Obviously no 2nd bedroom though. A small bathroom with shower is there and the balcony goes all the way across the back of the suite.

The S4 might be nice for you to put your 1 year old down for naps in the 2nd bedroom, and at nighttime you could still have use of your living room. However, your 1 year old could nap on the master bed as well, and just be moved to living room when you're ready to sleep! The S6 balconies are HUGE!!! It's a trade off! I'm booked in an S6 and wouldn't even take a free upgrade unless it was to DOS! But do they sleep 4? If upgrade fairy calls me for an S4, I'm declining! I'm REALLY looking forward to that big balcony. It would be nice to give my daughters (9&7 at sailing) their own bedroom (and a chance at separating them for sleeping between living room and 2nd bedroom) or at the very least 2 seperate beds. I just don't want to give up that deck 12 balcony!

Another thing to think about is location. Splash academy is in the aft, as well as the garden cafe. If you go with S5, you'll be closer to Haven. No matter which suite you go with, try to be port side (only thing I'd change about my suite. But the deck 12 port side s6 is booked) you can see fireworks from your balcony!

image.jpg.8069d2b8a788b89af3ce275c31f38c6f.jpg

Hi Codi12,

That is a tough choice. It would really depend on what you would consider more important to you personally.

The S6 doesn't have that extra bedroom, but the larger balcony. We enjoyed the convenience of having a full Haven Restaurant breakfast or lunch delivered right to our balcony by our butler. This is impossible in the S4 as the balcony is too small. If you enjoy having a private retreat, those aft balconies are priceless! Also, if you plan on spending most of your time in the Haven area, the aft may be more of an inconvenience to you, as it takes much longer to get there than it does from the S4.

If you want the convenience of walking right into the Haven area, and the Haven restaurant, returning to the cabin to change a diaper, etc...then I would have to say the S4 would be a better fit. However, it will take you longer to get to any events going on at Spice/H20 or the kids camp areas. Also, will your 1 YO be in a crib? in your bedroom? or with the 7 YO? The small S4 bedroom doesn't really have that much floor space, unless your 7 YO wants the top bunk. BTW, a crib in the middle of the S6 living room would be tight as well with the living room bed open...so that would really be moot.

I will say that 4 days prior to our sailing, we did get a call from the "upsell" fairy (not to be confused with the "upgrade" fairy) who offered us the upsell to the DOS for a "mere" $3200 more. I turned her down flat! And never regretted my decision. The S6 was the best choice for us.

I suggest you look at complete deck plan (try that deck plan website) and make a list of all the things you intend to do on the ship, note their locations/decks and proximity to the S6/S4 accommodations and decide from there! Hope this helps you!!

Hi Codi12,

That is a tough choice. It would really depend on what you would consider more important to you personally.

The S6 doesn't have that extra bedroom, but the larger balcony. We enjoyed the convenience of having a full Haven Restaurant breakfast or lunch delivered right to our balcony by our butler. This is impossible in the S4 as the balcony is too small. If you enjoy having a private retreat, those aft balconies are priceless! Also, if you plan on spending most of your time in the Haven area, the aft may be more of an inconvenience to you, as it takes much longer to get there than it does from the S4.

If you want the convenience of walking right into the Haven area, and the Haven restaurant, returning to the cabin to change a diaper, etc...then I would have to say the S4 would be a better fit. However, it will take you longer to get to any events going on at Spice/H20 or the kids camp areas. Also, will your 1 YO be in a crib? in your bedroom? or with the 7 YO? The small S4 bedroom doesn't really have that much floor space, unless your 7 YO wants the top bunk. BTW, a crib in the middle of the S6 living room would be tight as well with the living room bed open...so that would really be moot.

I will say that 4 days prior to our sailing, we did get a call from the "upsell" fairy (not to be confused with the "upgrade" fairy) who offered us the upsell to the DOS for a "mere" $3200 more. I turned her down flat! And never regretted my decision. The S6 was the best choice for us.

I suggest you look at complete deck plan (try that deck plan website) and make a list of all the things you intend to do on the ship, note their locations/decks and proximity to the S6/S4 accommodations and decide from there! Hope this helps you!!

Thanks Michelle, I'm leaning towards s6 after I read your reviews, the balcony of s6 is to die for, the only things I like on s4 is that it's closer to the pool

For my son to enjoy it better but I asked him if he's willing to walk in the cool breeze every time he wants to go to the pool and he said YES!!! I like the idea of having our bfast and lunch be delivered because having a 1 y/o would be hard if we eat in haven restaurant and if he's not in the mood to be in one place. The available rooms at aft is 13902, 11908, and 10312 please advise for the best room where we could see fireworks I'm concern because my 2 boys likes fireworks! I appreciate your help. Thanks!

I'm not the OP but, I'm going to give you a few things to think about.

I attached a floorplan of the S4. I have yet to see an S6 floorplan but it is very similar to the S4. Obviously no 2nd bedroom though. A small bathroom with shower is there and the balcony goes all the way across the back of the suite.

The S4 might be nice for you to put your 1 year old down for naps in the 2nd bedroom, and at nighttime you could still have use of your living room. However, your 1 year old could nap on the master bed as well, and just be moved to living room when you're ready to sleep! The S6 balconies are HUGE!!! It's a trade off! I'm booked in an S6 and wouldn't even take a free upgrade unless it was to DOS! But do they sleep 4? If upgrade fairy calls me for an S4, I'm declining! I'm REALLY looking forward to that big balcony. It would be nice to give my daughters (9&7 at sailing) their own bedroom (and a chance at separating them for sleeping between living room and 2nd bedroom) or at the very least 2 seperate beds. I just don't want to give up that deck 12 balcony!

Another thing to think about is location. Splash academy is in the aft, as well as the garden cafe. If you go with S5, you'll be closer to Haven. No matter which suite you go with, try to be port side (only thing I'd change about my suite. But the deck 12 port side s6 is booked) you can see fireworks from your balcony!

Hello, the floor plan of s4 you provided helps me a lot to decide which one to book, I'm leaning towards s6 you are right the balcony is to die for and we will absolutely enjoy the view. We actually sleeps in a king size bed so I don't really Need 2 bedroom, the only thing I like in s4 is that it's closer to the haven pool which my son will really enjoy but he said it's ok to walk from our room to the pool , but splash academy is I the aft as you said so I have no problem, three s6 rooms are still open please help decide 13902, 11908, 10312 would you know what room would be perfect to view the fireworks? Thanks for your advise'

Hello, the floor plan of s4 you provided helps me a lot to decide which one to book, I'm leaning towards s6 you are right the balcony is to die for and we will absolutely enjoy the view. We actually sleeps in a king size bed so I don't really Need 2 bedroom, the only thing I like in s4 is that it's closer to the haven pool which my son will really enjoy but he said it's ok to walk from our room to the pool , but splash academy is I the aft as you said so I have no problem, three s6 rooms are still open please help decide 13902, 11908, 10312 would you know what room would be perfect to view the fireworks? Thanks for your advise'

To see the fireworks you need to be on the port side so 10312 is your only choice.

Yes, easier to see the fireworks from the port side. The one on deck 10 has the different layout than that of deck 11 (deck 10 has the bathroom with the windows and less room in the master bedroom) Although we went to Spice to see the fireworks, others with aft balconies have stated you can see the fireworks even from the starboard afts, although there might be some obstruction.

One last thought on the S6 that I thought of...since you have your choice of restaurant menus for room service (although upcharge venues you still have the charge), so if you close your eyes and picture this:

You and your husband could enjoy a lovely late dinner on your balcony, a bottle of wine, nice table linens, served to you by your butler, Lovely views of Bermuda, enjoying the distant party music from Spice above you, your little ones tucked into bed.

Then you NEED an S6! Definitely deck 10 or 11, as deck 13 balconies are smaller...Enjoy!!! :)

Yes, easier to see the fireworks from the port side. The one on deck 10 has the different layout than that of deck 11 (deck 10 has the bathroom with the windows and less room in the master bedroom) Although we went to Spice to see the fireworks, others with aft balconies have stated you can see the fireworks even from the starboard afts, although there might be some obstruction.

One last thought on the S6 that I thought of...since you have your choice of restaurant menus for room service (although upcharge venues you still have the charge), so if you close your eyes and picture this:

You and your husband could enjoy a lovely late dinner on your balcony, a bottle of wine, nice table linens, served to you by your butler, Lovely views of Bermuda, enjoying the distant party music from Spice above you, your little ones tucked into bed.

Then you NEED an S6! Definitely deck 10 or 11, as deck 13 balconies are smaller...Enjoy!!! :)

thanks guys for your help, i just booked S6 10312 May 11 to 18 to Bermuda. Yay! cant wait!

Tips are subjective, there is no right answer, everyone approaches it differently. We gave our butler around $25 per day for the 3 of us and steward an extra $100 on top of the DSC, along with a thank you card and a box of chocolates for each of them. We also tipped the concierge, Haven Restaurant maître D, a few Haven waitresses and our Haven bartender. Whether anyone considers that too much or too little, no flaming please. Each individual can make their own assessment as to their tip amount!

As a suite passenger, NCL will send you a book with your luggage tags and a letter from the concierge department (around 60 days prior to your cruise). They will give you a telephone number to call. They also contact you through email if you have given them your email address as a contact. You will be able to choose your preferences and make reservations at the 55 day mark. This gives you an extra 10 day jump ahead of the standard passenger dinner reservation options. We also stayed in an SF on the Gem, and we received the letter from the pre-concierge dept., I'm surprised this wasn't the case for your last suite cruises.

did you book your cruise thru NCL or different agency, im concern because i dont know if i will be getting a luggage tags and letter from the concierge department as you said i will be able to choose preferences and reservation earlier (i booked my cruise thru BJ's Cruise and they didn't mention anything about sending those stuff)

We book directly with NCL, although before we had our PCC, we did book with BJ's and we did receive luggage tags (back when all cabins used to get the tags) even though booked through a TA. Once final payment is made, you should get your "Welcome to Norwegian" packet in the mail. Luggage tags are color sticky tags on a backing in the centerfold of the welcome booklet. The concierge letter should come mailed to you directly in a separate envelope, or even e-mailed if you have your email address on record with NCL.

You may book restaurant and entertainment at the 55 day mark, as opposed to the 45 day mark for non-suite cruisers. If you do not have your packet by 55 days, call NCL concierge dept. directly (This dept. has no bearing on whether you booked with a TA or direct) you can search here on CC or even on Google for the telephone number for the concierge dept.

Even though you've booked with a TA, make sure you go to the NCL website to complete your "check in" otherwise your welcome documents might be delayed a bit longer. It's also a good thing to check your reservation at NCL to make sure your TA is putting your deposits into NCL in a timely manner. I'm sure your TA is reputable, but not all travelers can say the same.

thanks guys for your help, i just booked S6 10312 May 11 to 18 to Bermuda. Yay! cant wait!

Take good care of this suite - we have the same one 2 weeks later - I think. Are you port or starboard? We booked the port side on 10 :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Take good care of this suite - we have the same one 2 weeks later - I think. Are you port or starboard? We booked the port side on 10 :-)

Hi, we booked the port side so we could view the fireworks kids will love it!

Hi, we booked the port side so we could view the fireworks kids will love it!

Ok then it is the same suite. It's our first one and I can't wait to experience it, especially that balcony!

Tips are subjective, there is no right answer, everyone approaches it differently. We gave our butler around $25 per day for the 3 of us and steward an extra $100 on top of the DSC, along with a thank you card and a box of chocolates for each of them. We also tipped the concierge, Haven Restaurant maître D, a few Haven waitresses and our Haven bartender. Whether anyone considers that too much or too little, no flaming please. Each individual can make their own assessment as to their tip amount!

As a suite passenger, NCL will send you a book with your luggage tags and a letter from the concierge department (around 60 days prior to your cruise). They will give you a telephone number to call. They also contact you through email if you have given them your email address as a contact. You will be able to choose your preferences and make reservations at the 55 day mark. This gives you an extra 10 day jump ahead of the standard passenger dinner reservation options. We also stayed in an SF on the Gem, and we received the letter from the pre-concierge dept., I'm surprised this wasn't the case for your last suite cruises.

did you book your cruise thru NCL or different agency, im concern because i dont know if i will be getting a luggage tags and letter from the concierge department as you said i will be able to choose preferences and reservation earlier (i booked my cruise thru BJ's Cruise and they didn't mention anything about sending those stuff)

We're in this same room in May we got our luggage tags and letter today but no book?

We're in this same room in May we got our luggage tags and letter today but no book?

maybe they did away with the book...it was just the same info that is on your cruise documents, basic info and FAQ's. It was basically a waste of paper anyway!! You can read all the info from the website or your downloaded cruise papers. The luggage tags were the most important part of that book. Enjoy your cruise! You will love this suite!!!

Greetings,

I have been watching this post with a lot of interest. From what I am reading, the butler will deliver meals from the Haven to the AFT Haven suites. We are in 11308 on the Getaway, and took that same cabin on the Breakaway.

In all honesty, our Butler on the Breakaway pushed back a little about delivering room service from the Haven. Do you think that was an exception? Both my husband and I were a little dissapointed about that, but after reading this post it seems like we could have Haven meals delivered and enjoy them on the balcony.

Thank you for your feedback.

Greetings,

I have been watching this post with a lot of interest. From what I am reading, the butler will deliver meals from the Haven to the AFT Haven suites. We are in 11308 on the Getaway, and took that same cabin on the Breakaway.

In all honesty, our Butler on the Breakaway pushed back a little about delivering room service from the Haven. Do you think that was an exception? Both my husband and I were a little dissapointed about that, but after reading this post it seems like we could have Haven meals delivered and enjoy them on the balcony.

Thank you for your feedback.

You should expect nothing but excellence from your butler. We were very clear with our needs from the day we embarked (we wrote every request down, spoke with a smile and kind words), and we did reward him well with tips. HOWEVER, if your butler is not seeing to your needs, you should talk to the HD. Attend your roll call's M&G and you will get a card with all the dept. head telephone numbers. Or just pick up your phone and ask to speak with him. We understand that the butlers/staff work very hard, but you paid a premium for this service and it should live up to your expectations. Please don't get me wrong...Please don't call and complain to the HD, instead use phrases such as "It was my understanding that meals from any restaurant could be served in suite" or "As a Haven guest I was told I could ____________"

To save our butler some time, we only asked that he deliver food and set up the table. Their other duties include serving each course, which we declined this service and served ourselves. Also, when specific times were requested, he sometime had to tweak the delivery time by 5-15 minutes in order to attend to us, which was perfectly acceptable and understandable. He also delegated some duties to our cabin steward (who we absolutely LOVED!!) and that was perfectly acceptable as well.

Please just make sure they understand your disappointment IMMEDIATELY, so that it can be remedied. Too many cruisers come back here and complain afterward instead of speaking up while on the cruise.

Besides our standing order for Haven breakfast (it was a superb way to have "wake up call") our butler also set up a cocktail party for us on the balcony for approx. 20 people, he found me peach nectar for some bellini's and brought meals with about 30 minutes notice.

I truly appreciate your feedback!

On the Breakaway we were very happy to trundle back and forth to the Haven, but since that time my husband has undergone a second brain surgery (he has brain cancer) and his physicial capabilities are greatly diminished. I expect that we will spend more time in our cabin and on the balcony than in the Haven, and I wanted to ensure things are comfortable for him.

We will make to sure to lay out our needs when we meet the butler and will of course be flexible on room service times. He certainly doesn't need to serve us but having him deliver and set the table will be wonderful. And, we will definitely tip appropriately. We have already budgeted tips for the cabin steward, butler, concierge and various individuals in the Haven (e.g. Having dining room servers, bar tenders etc). I am sure they will all be very accomodating.

Again, thank you so much!

I am terribly sorry to hear of your Husband's illness. I hope, under the circumstances, the crew will provide you with a level of excellence to make your stay comfortable and effortless, as well as provide you with wonderful memories of your vacation. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by OnTheGoMom921