Who use a lanyard on-board?

Yes, the same and I've heard that happened to others too.

Not sure what their point is. Worried about poor security controls and you could sneak back on?!

Our Arcadia Cruise they kept the cruise card too.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Kruzer viewpost.gif

I have noticed that on Princess ships , the lanyard is sometimes worn to display the colour of your cruise card and thus "boast" your Captains Circle status.

Some people think that with a black card you receive better service than with the blue.

:rolleyes::eek:

I'm still to sail on Princess so guess I will display a BLUE card on my lanyard during my first cruise with them.:)

Yes, the staff often say to me..'Welcome back.' That is nice. Just call me a big noter. And the hole in the cruise the purser punches in it for free, is about the only free thing you will get on a cruise ship. The Princess Elite complimentary laundry and drinks and internet might appear free, but you have paid for it with your 15 plus cruises/150 plus days.

LOL.

Alas I no longer have the body for budgie smugglers, like Tony Abbot and Sutho, as I have visited too many ship's buffets, thus I have to wear ye olde lanyard with ye olde board shorts. No wear cruise card at night though, I do have some decorum.

It depends on the ship. If I am on the Princess or Royal Caribbean then I will wear one because its convenient. However if I'm on Cunard I don't because no one on board wears them.

Hi cruisers I'm a lanyard wearer from our first cruise from Alaska to our next I'm a convert so convenient to have your card around your neck no fumbling in pockets:eek:

My lanyard is a Ducati race day 46, so if you don't like lanyards don't wear one simple, my once child bride has a sparkly rhinestone style of one I may very Tre Sheik, I bought her a ACDC lanyard but received scorn over that one, go figure:confused:.

So Poms Yanks Kiwis Hindus Tykes or Jews wear what you want but smile while you are doing it:D

Scott ever irreverent but I'm Australian.........Land of Oz:)

Hi cruisers I'm a lanyard wearer from our first cruise from Alaska to our next I'm a convert so convenient to have your card around your neck no fumbling in pockets:eek:

My lanyard is a Ducati race day 46, so if you don't like lanyards don't wear one simple, my once child bride has a sparkly rhinestone style of one I may very Tre Sheik, I bought her a ACDC lanyard but received scorn over that one, go figure:confused:.

So Poms Yanks Kiwis Hindus Tykes or Jews wear what you want but smile while you are doing it:D

Scott ever irreverent but I'm Australian.........Land of Oz:)

I'm with you sydneyscott wear what you want it's your holiday.

I was passing through the atrium one evening when formal night portraits were being taken .There was a family group getting their portrait taken. They all looked really nice in their formal gear but around their necks they all had lanyards.

As I passed by , I said to the photographer , tell them to take the lanyards off ..

I already have she said...and

they want them left on:eek:

They must have been Aussies then. LOL.

We don't wear lanyards when cruising - I just put my cabin key card in my pocket.

My wife doesn't have pockets in most of her clothing - so I don't know what she does with her cabin card -- OH ! I just remembered - she leaves it inside the cabin and then demands that I accompany her to the cabin whenever she wants to get in!! :rolleyes:

Barry

<snip>

My wife doesn't have pockets in most of her clothing - so I don't know what she does with her cabin card -- OH ! I just remembered - she leaves it inside the cabin and then demands that I accompany her to the cabin whenever she wants to get in!! :rolleyes:

Barry

Obviously a very bright woman :)

I usually have pockets in day clothes (and when I wear trousers at night) so no need for a bit of string around the neck.

We don't wear lanyards when cruising - I just put my cabin key card in my pocket.

Barry[/quote

LOL, Barry, that's why I've had to take to carrying a small evening bag to dinner in the evenings - to hold my cruise card. I used to put it in DH's pocket then forget to take it if I went to the cabin. :rolleyes:

Archived