Who use a lanyard on-board?

I always wear a lanyard with cruise card attached . I find after a few hours in the wheelhouse bar, or any bar for that matter , I have no idea where I have left anything at all . So it is comforting to me to reach around my neck , insert the card into the suite card acceptor and roll into bed. I will look for the rest of the stuff I left behind the next morning, usually starting at the Passenger Services Desk.

I always wear a lanyard with cruise card attached . I find after a few hours in the wheelhouse bar, or any bar for that matter , I have no idea where I have left anything at all . So it is comforting to me to reach around my neck , insert the card into the suite card acceptor and roll into bed. I will look for the rest of the stuff I left behind the next morning, usually starting at the Passenger Services Desk.

Best post I've read today! LOL! It seems that you ensure that you have a great cruise if NOT a memorable one! :D

All part of my Princess cruise uniform...Black Princess Captains Circle Elite Card, Black Princess Lanyard.

The Poms don't wear them much though, I noticed that on Arcadia last year.

All part of my Princess cruise uniform...Black Princess Captains Circle Elite Card, Black Princess Lanyard.

The Poms don't wear them much though, I noticed that on Arcadia last year.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Kruzer viewpost.gif

I have noticed that on Princess ships , the lanyard is sometimes worn to display the colour of your cruise card and thus "boast" your Captains Circle status.

Some people think that with a black card you receive better service than with the blue.

:rolleyes::eek:

I'm still to sail on Princess so guess I will display a BLUE card on my lanyard during my first cruise with them.:)

they come in different colours ?? must be my beer goggles , they all look the same to me :)

The lanyards not only come in different colours, but there are all sorts of different messages on them as well .

Many switched on Travel Agents give a lanyard away free when you book a cruise with them. You then wander around the ship like an advertising billboard for them.

People should get paid for wearing them.

Its free advertising.:D:D

The lanyards not only come in different colours, but there are all sorts of different messages on them as well .

Many switched on Travel Agents give a lanyard away free when you book a cruise with them. You then wander around the ship like an advertising billboard for them.

People should get paid for wearing them.

Its free advertising.:D:D

Now that I would call a bit "tacky" though if it's the only one you have and you like to wear a lanyard, then go for it I guess!

NO FREE advertising from me folks! I receive them from my TA's but they stay home in a drawer!

Mine is made of a thin black cord which is what I wear at work. It's practically invisible when worn beneath a shirt. I also have one in red - for when I want to colour co-ordinate :).

So now I have to bring a black texta to colour my seapass in so I get better attention.

Yes ...but thats after you been Downtown

and bought a lanyard with the right designer label on it.....

in several colours of course

so you can colour co-ordinate.:D:D

OH NO ...I just had a terrible thought...

Imagine how embarrassing it would be

to wear a P&O Australia lanyard

on a Holland America ,

or Celebrity ship.:eek:

Yes ...but thats after you been Downtown

and bought a lanyard with the right designer label on it.....

in several colours of course

so you can colour co-ordinate.:D:D

OH NO ...I just had a terrible thought...

Imagine how embarrassing it would be

to wear a P&O Australia lanyard

on a Holland America ,

or Celebrity ship.:eek:

I have seen pax on RCI with P&O lanyards!

But that's not as bad as the gentleman we spied in the Windjammer (buffet) on embarkation day. He had all his old sea passes attached to his carry-on; there must have been over 100 of them! :eek:

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Me personally I love lanyards (most of my clothes don't have pockets). Hubby hates the lanyard, but did have one on a couple of times for convince, worn discreetly under his shirt. If you like it use it, if you don't, don't. I'm sorry but I don't actually care whether people frown on them or not, it's my holiday. Oh, and my first cruise was on Pride of Aloho Hawaii and nearly everyone had one on (mainly American guests).

So now I have to bring a black texta to colour my seapass in so I get better attention.

But I don't think that the Cunard equivalent of Elite Princess is Black - more like Diamond (whatever colour that sea pass would be). Perhaps you could encrust your sea pass with diamonds so that you stand out; oh and match with a similarly bling covered lanyard. Now that would look good with a formal gown :D

Me, I'm a lowly Silver.

But I do remember that Cunard keep the sea pass as well unfortunately.

But I don't think that the Cunard equivalent of Elite Princess is Black - more like Diamond (whatever colour that sea pass would be). Perhaps you could encrust your sea pass with diamonds so that you stand out; oh and match with a similarly bling covered lanyard. Now that would look good with a formal gown :D

Me, I'm a lowly Silver.

But we'll both be gold in April next year. ;) You know, you've given me an idea to bling up the sea pass.

Hi there!

Some cruisers have reported having trouble either losing their sea-card or having it de-magnitised with other magnetic items.

Myself, I use a lanyard! I have to use one for work to get in and out of the office so it's no big deal to me!

Some may think it's daggy but it's so convenient!

What about you? Do you use a lanyard?

Gae

We are going to use one because it is so convenient with the Ultimate Booze Package! I hated taking out my card every 10 minutes to get another drink! Hehe! Booze package = money well spent! Ready for Epic February 2nd! $400 for 6 nights of boozing! Can't wait!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We use a lanyard, didnt for the first few cruises we did, but once I started using one I wouldn't go back. i think I probably wore it to dinner too cos it was just permanently around my neck for the duration of the cruise. i dont like carrying a bag around. Anyone upset that I wear a lanyard to dinner, the show, at port, when having formal pics taken - i have one word for them - tough!!!!

Me, I'm a lowly Silver.

You just pretend to lose it during the cruise and get a replacement, would that work?

I have seen pax on RCI with P&O lanyards!

But that's not as bad as the gentleman we spied in the Windjammer (buffet) on embarkation day. He had all his old sea passes attached to his carry-on; there must have been over 100 of them! :eek:

Too funny.

Must be the cruise equivalent of wearing lots of badges on your hat.

P & O UK didnt let me keep my cruise card on the 2 cruises I did on the Aurora either :(

Yes, the same and I've heard that happened to others too.

Not sure what their point is. Worried about poor security controls and you could sneak back on?!

Archived