Are NCL Cruisers Roll Call Shy?

I guess it just depends on the people! Our 10/20 Breakaway thread is very active and we have over 100 people on the roll call. We have a meet & greet, cabin crawl, and slot pull planned. There's a new post everyday and more & more people seem to be joining within the last month.

Hi Jenny:) I agree....our roll call is great!

Not only do I find roll call postings low, but I have also noticed that there are significantly less daily posts on the NCL board than on CCL and RCL boards. (And a majority of the threads seem to be about the Breakaway).

That's true, but there are fewer NCL ships in comparison to CCL and RCL. Wouldn't it make sense that there would be fewer posts?

Right now my Breakaway roll call is very big and active but I am the only one on my Getaway roll call, however it is not even built yet.

My Carnival Fantasy roll call was a joke. It consisted of 4 ladies who all knew each other and a couple of us "others". They totally ignored the rest of us and did not make us feel welcome at all. It was as if we were crashing a private party. My adult daughter was travelling with me and read the roll call and felt the same way...

You have my sympathy. Though we did enjoy the slot pulls we didn't fit in with other meetings even the meet and greet as with the 48 others they were all together. That was on princess last year, but they were all very nice we just felt out of place.

The Gem in May went month's with only 2 of us on the roll call. We kept posting just to keep it on the first page :). But that turned out nice the CD was at the meet and greet and various officers (which no body showed up on Princess trip). Looking forward to next months trip, though our roll call is very quiet. We are lucky and have some very nice folks organizing everything. Looking forward to meeting them in 3 weeks.

So yep you just can't tell. Ruby Princess was huge a few years back they needed to start a second site due to so many pages. I missed the meet and greet and never caught up with anybody. I wasn't well back then so just as well they were active.

Don't give up it happens sometimes. Have Fun life is to short.

FB is that social media site we are not allowed to promote here on Cruise Critic. Rhymes with case mook.

DUH! LOL of course I should have known that! You know I so enjoy the freedom of talking with all the fellow cruisers WithOut having to be concerned about who is seeing information about myself but even more the friends and family that are connected to me that happens with that other site. It seems like they keep finding ways to unlock what you lock down. I know I can go into other people's timelines and find other people and can find out what is happening with senior executives at my company . . . just doesn't feel right!

Not only do I find roll call postings low, but I have also noticed that there are significantly less daily posts on the NCL board than on CCL and RCL boards. (And a majority of the threads seem to be about the Breakaway).

I so agree, the Breakaway post really seem to be a majority

The roll call for our Jewel cruise next month is very slow here on CC, but very active on the FB page they put together. Not sure if others have done this. On the FB page....ypu must be invited. Then only members on the cruise that were invited can see the info....as opposed to here on CC. Anyone on the boards can see. :eek: Not that it makes any difference to me.

Hi Debbie~ We will be on the Jewel Cruise with you out of NOLA 10/13/13. Hope to see you at the M&G. I am a new cruiser, but my husband and mom and dad are not new cruisers. My "experienced cruiser" husband did not even know about cruise critic, until I was obsessing over our cruise and told him about it. Now he is more active than i am on the FB page.

3 weeks from tomorrow! Don't be surprised if I show up at the pier at 0600!

I tend to just look at the boards (lurk) and not post anything until I see excursions I am interested in are being discussed or it is closer to the sail date. I have noticed the roll calls seem to really pick up after final payment. Maybe some are still on the fence on whether they will sail or not.

That exactly describes me.....I will 'lurk' on my roll call in most cases, until final payment date, and I am sure that I will be going, before actively posting.

I will state that certain roll calls are artificially active as far as post count, as a few members of that RC use it as a virtual 'chat-room', discussing all things in their daily lives that are irrelevant to the subject cruise....

Mention was made of the Breakaway RC's being active....I think that is only natural for any new ship, as it generates the most excitement and interest. Only 'newbies' tend to ask questions about the older ships...

Archived