Golf - The Open Championship 2013

excitedofharpenden

I'm sure there are a few on Quest who will be off to Muirfield this week to watch The Open whilst docked in Leith. Very jealous. I wish I was there. I went on the Saturday the last time it was held there and the weather was horrendous. It looks to be sunny and warm in the forecast this year. A long day watching the golf and then back to the ship for dinner (or maybe a theme night in the buffet, haggis pudding supper?). Bliss. All onboard and going, enjoy!

Phil

I'm sure there are a few on Quest who will be off to Muirfield this week to watch The Open whilst docked in Leith. Very jealous. I wish I was there. I went on the Saturday the last time it was held there and the weather was horrendous. It looks to be sunny and warm in the forecast this year. A long day watching the golf and then back to the ship for dinner (or maybe a theme night in the buffet, haggis pudding supper?). Bliss. All onboard and going, enjoy!

Phil

We too wish we were on Quest so on Saturday we will be getting up (very) early, battling to find a parking space (though we have booked one) and after our day watching the golf we plan to drive back via Leith but unlike the lovely guests going aboard for dinner, we will be going to have a meal in one of the restaurants overlooking Quest feeling green with envy of those on board.

I can confirm it is warming up nicely here

I remember catching the train from Edinburgh Waverley to Drem and there was a shuttle service to the course. Academic as you have a parking space booked. Enjoy the day and take your sun hat! Very jealous.

Phil

I know Drem well, I actually work a lot near Muirfield so we have the space from a very reliable public service source. Yes sun cream and Azamara hats are being laid out

Hello from the Quest.... The weather is fantastic! We brought all the wrong clothes, but we will make due. We are off by train to The Open tomorrow. The cruise has been wonderful so far! Sorry you can't all be here.

Kathy

Hello from the Quest.... The weather is fantastic! We brought all the wrong clothes, but we will make due. We are off by train to The Open tomorrow. The cruise has been wonderful so far! Sorry you can't all be here.

Kathy

Kathy

This really is Edinburgh weather at its very very best, we have not had it like this for years

Do not be worried about the weather tomorrow when you wake up in the morning if it is misty, we call it the haar and it will burn off

Who knows we may be right beside you at the golf tomorrow

Kathy

Kathy,

So glad you are able to enjoy our country at its very best.

Enjoy The Open and the Quest of course

Hazel

We lived in Dirleton, the next village along from Muirfield, for many years when our children were young. Beautiful countryside and many happy memories of days on the beach. V envious of you all!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On Monday 15th June Quest was in Belfast as part of the round the UK Cruise, heading towards the British Open. I was able to see her all day from my office window, about 200 yards across the dock.

The Azamazing Evening was in full swing when I left work, for all of 15 seconds I couldn't leave the car park as one of the tour buses was blocking the exit showing those on the bus the Titanic dock and Pump house.

As I headed home I passed the Titanic exhibition and decided to have a quick look. I parked, and walked towards the entrance where the buses were disembarking and there was Russ. Keeping in mind we had only disembarked 4 weeks earlier, as I walked towards him he said out loud "I know this man".

Anyway, he was working, we had a quick recap, and I welcomed him to Belfast.

He had been at the Titanic exhibition earlier in the same day and was in awe of the building and exhibition.

I can only hope he appreciated the welcome and the 60 second gatecrash of the Azamazing evening.

Great shot. Thanks for sharing.

Phil

Wonderful early morning shot.

We were there yesterday saw a few with the usual Azamara stickers (hello those of you on yellow one). Fabulous day of golf and in our eyes well done to the R and A and East Lothian council, the logistics for getting in and out of what is a small village were first class

Last night we had dinner in Leith within touching distance of the ship , it was a lovely evening, warm and a rarity in Scotland we could eat outside.

It was the first time we had seen an Azamara ship with blue hull since the refurb, it looked beautiful (I was skeptical about such a change previously) and just looked like the Royal Yacht Britannia's big sister - they are parked at right angles to each other, the restaurant we were in is just above and to the left of Britannia

image.jpg.bc10a39ff71b65ba7a7af865ce9edd36.jpg

Given the success of Phil Mickelson this Sunday, the no doubt desire to honor a great grandfather, and, last but not least, the wonderful and useful postings of our very own Phil, can we not all agree that there is only one appropriate name for the newest member of the Royal Family?

Given the success of Phil Mickelson this Sunday, the no doubt desire to honor a great grandfather, and, last but not least, the wonderful and useful postings of our very own Phil, can we not all agree that there is only one appropriate name for the newest member of the Royal Family?

Lol. What you mean my 1000-1 bet on Wayne was wasted?

Just off the Quest British Open Cruise....in fact at the Hamburg airport. The Perry Golf was amazing. Husband loved the golf especially Castle Stuart. Weather was amazing and it was cold to us at the open...finally was able to wear some warmer clothing! We sat at hole# 1 and #11 to watch the top 20 finish out #1and turn at 11. There were big crowds following Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter and Tiger Woods until the 12th. No one was following Michelson until after 13.

My favorite places were Inverness and Hamburg. Loved the ship but not the balcony cabins with their small bathrooms. We upgraded to a N2 for our next Azamara cruise so we can have a "real" bathroom.

Loved the cruise!

Archived