Room Service Breakfast?

New to NCL . . .my DH and myself always enjoy having breakfast on our balcony. After reading through some of the posts it is sounding like you can't order a hot breakfast to your room like you can on other cruise lines. So I have to ask, can you order a hot breakfast to your room, with eggs and sausage and such?

So I have to ask, can you order a hot breakfast to your room, with eggs and sausage and such?

No hot breakfast served by room service to non-suites.

Regular room service breakfast menu from last summer can be found here (looked the same this Feb): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34316425&postcount=9

The only way for a hot breakfast on your balcony if you are not in a suite is to go to the buffet or Blue Lagoon and bring breakfast back to your room. Otherwise the only hot you'll get is your coffee/tea.

It isn't the privacy of your own balcony, but I'd suggest the Great Outdoors as an alternative for breakfast. It's all the way aft on the same deck as the buffet and unless the weather is bad, there's usually a smaller buffet there too so you don't have to carry your food from inside. The views are spectacular.

New to NCL . . .my DH and myself always enjoy having breakfast on our balcony. After reading through some of the posts it is sounding like you can't order a hot breakfast to your room like you can on other cruise lines. So I have to ask, can you order a hot breakfast to your room, with eggs and sausage and such?

I didn't know you could do that with Princess. We were able to because we were in a suite, but when we travelled with them our friends in a mini-suite didn't have the full menu.

If you can, that's great news and another plus for Princess!

I didn't know you could do that with Princess. We were able to because we were in a suite, but when we travelled with them our friends in a mini-suite didn't have the full menu.

If you can, that's great news and another plus for Princess!

Looks like the OP's last Princess cruise was a couple of years ago. Maybe things have changed since then. I found a picture of a recent room service menu on the Princess boards and the only hot breakfast item was an egg sandwich. Maybe you can get something that's not on the menu.

I don't remember any hot items on the Carnival room service breakfast menu either and that was in April. I think most of the lines have cut back on the offerings in recent years.

We are sailing on the Breakaway Sept. 22 with my Mom who is 87. When we took her to Bermuda on RCL EOS 2 years ago she really enjoyed eggs for breakfast on her balcony. Everything I have read about room service for Breakaway only has continental style. Can I go to O'Sheehan's and get eggs breakfast to carryout for her?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are sailing on the Breakaway Sept. 22 with my Mom who is 87. When we took her to Bermuda on RCL EOS 2 years ago she really enjoyed eggs for breakfast on her balcony. Everything I have read about room service for Breakaway only has continental style. Can I go to O'Sheehan's and get eggs breakfast to carryout for her?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just a idea in case O'Sheehans isn't prepared for it... Get a couple of plate covers from the main dining room or room service and bring them to O'Sheehans. Sit down, order the breakfast and then cover yourself and carry off :D Keep the covers hidden in the closet when done so steward doesn't clear it away. :p

I think the faster service you'll get is from the multiple made-to-order egg stations at the buffet (people usually line up to the one closest to the entrance until they figure out there's another station a little further back). They may have the trays and covers there too.

Lucky mom!

Well, on Princess I just wrote it in on the menu you hang on your door and every morning I did that, I got eggs and sausage . . . Celebrity last Sept we had breakfast delivered practically every day, it was fabulous . . . hmmm, Carnival we were with the kids, trying to remember . . . Wellll, I just told my husband, his response was "cheapstakes" [about the cruise lines, ha ha] Wondering if anyone has tried writing it in on the menu you hang on the door?

Then where do you go for breakfast if you are on the Pearl and would rather not do the buffet?

A bit more work but every morning in the pearl i would call room service and order coffee and juice and Danish, while my husband would go up to the buffet, get us made to order omelettes and sausage and bacon, and bring them back to room so we could eat o n balcony. Worked out great for me, him, not so much....

Terry

• 1 month later...
Well, on Princess I just wrote it in on the menu you hang on your door and every morning I did that, I got eggs and sausage . . . Celebrity last Sept we had breakfast delivered practically every day, it was fabulous . . . hmmm, Carnival we were with the kids, trying to remember . . . Wellll, I just told my husband, his response was "cheapstakes" [about the cruise lines, ha ha] Wondering if anyone has tried writing it in on the menu you hang on the door?

Then where do you go for breakfast if you are on the Pearl and would rather not do the buffet?

I did the same thing on the EPIC last summer and it worked. Just wrote in what hot items I wanted. Nothing too complex, scrambled eggs and bacon, but it was delivered.

It isn't the privacy of your own balcony, but I'd suggest the Great Outdoors as an alternative for breakfast. It's all the way aft on the same deck as the buffet and unless the weather is bad, there's usually a smaller buffet there too so you don't have to carry your food from inside. The views are spectacular.

This is a good tip. We are in an Aft balcony on Jewel in Jan. May go here to get our breakfast then take it to the room or if it is not too crowded sit and enjoy the same view :-)

Only suite passengers can have hot breakfast delivered. But it just takes a few minutes for one of you to put together a tray from the buffet and bring it back to your cabin. We've done this for years and it always worked well. Or you could upgrade to a suite........lots of great extras on NCL. The prices for the smaller suites are more reasonable than you might expect.

is to go to the buffet or Blue Lagoon and bring breakfast back to your room.

Had not thought to ask before I saw this but does NCL have trays in the buffet? RCI did away with them a long time ago. Aside from carrying items back to cabin I would find having a tray very handy even in the buffet. My wife uses a wheelchair and has only one usable arm so I fetch her food items. Making one trip for both of us sure would be nice.

Trays have been gone for a long time. You might snag one from room service and hide it for future use.

Definitely snag one from room service. Or I'm sure your steward could provide you with one. NCL is very helpful when it comes to passengers with disabilities. Given your circumstances they might be willing to bring you a hot breakfast. Check with your PCC and see if something can be arranged.

My wife and I bought our own trays at Dollar General for 2 bucks each before our last cruise..... light weight, and flat, worked out great....and was asked many, many times where we got the trays at when we used them at the buffet, or to transport chow back to the room on.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed having breakfast delivered to our room on the Spirit last year. Although we could not get hot items, we preferred to have a smaller breakfast, especially on port days when we had to get up early. It was nice to have some yogurt, fresh fruit, and breakfast pastries with juice/coffee/tea.

I would love to try the suggestion made about writing in hot items on the breakfast order card to see if that actually works!

Archived