Carnival Sent Back My Wallet!!

jill5269

Well, the story goes that I lost my wallet on the last night of my June 26th Splendor cruise or on disembarkment day while waiting around to be called.

I get home and no wallet! I figured I either left it in the room or on the couch waiting. I remember pulling out my Kindle and the little billfold could have fell out and I didn't notice.

Anyway, I emailed Carnival with the news. They got back to me in about three days and asked for a better description of it. I gave them the color, etc. The fact that my driver's license and credit cards were in it with my name.

Lo and behold on Monday a Carnival rep called me on my cell and told me they found my "little red purse" and they would FedEx it back to me. Sure enough, it was there yesterday. Everything was in tact, nothing missing.

Kudos to Carnival for handling this is such a professional, speedy manner. Although I had to replace everything anyway, it's nice to know it was in their hands and not someone else's.

Lo and behold on Monday a Carnival rep called me on my cell and told me they found my "little red purse" and they would FedEx it back to me. Sure enough, it was there yesterday. Everything was in tact, nothing missing.

Kudos to Carnival for handling this is such a professional, speedy manner. Although I had to replace everything anyway, it's nice to know it was in their hands and not someone else's.

Fantastic! I know the relief and elation of having one's full wallet returned. Congratulations to you1

I love hearing good news and knowing there are still honest people around!! Everyone is always so quick to jump to the worst conclusion these days.

:) I'm happy your things were returned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the midst of a somewhat less favorable outcome (...so far anyhow).

My wife, two teenage sons, and I arrived in Cozumel aboard Carnival Elation on July 30th. While shopping our way back aboard ship, the zipper of our towel tote broke and popped open. I noticed within minutes that my wallet had spilled out and was missing. I looked all around the ground and retraced my steps back to the taxi stand with no luck.

Anyhow, upon boarding the ship, I immediately reported the loss at the desk and began taking emergency measures. After about three hours I received a call from the desk informing that my wallet had been found by a guest aboard the Carnival Paradise which had been ported next to us. Whoopie! I got a letter with ref# and tag# and was informed that ID and credit cards were intact Whoopie! The wallet would now sail to Tampa and then be sent to HQ in Miami. Wha??? But I live in Memphis. They know this because I'm a registered guest aboard their ship. They told me that they send "found items" to home office to be claimed my owners and I was given an email address as a contact... ??? Couldn't I just claim it now and have it sent to my house?... Nooo... I'd have to "claim it".

So... when I got home I sent an email and waited... and waited... and finally sent another email with more numbers on it. (There's no phone number to call?!?!) Finally, after about ten days, I got a reply stateing that they would get back in touch when they received the wallet from Tampa. REALLY??? How long does it take to get from Tampa to Miami? It could have hitch-hiked by now!

So here it is two weeks after the wallet was found, by a Carnival guest, for a Carnival guest, and still nothing.

Does it need to be this difficult?

I REALLY appreciate the honest guest that returned said wallet and all the work involved in locating me, but the easy part seems to be what they're having trouble with. What do I do now? I suppose that if that kind guest had simply tossed my wallet overboard I would have had less headache.

Well, the story goes that I lost my wallet on the last night of my June 26th Splendor cruise or on disembarkment day while waiting around to be called.

I get home and no wallet! I figured I either left it in the room or on the couch waiting. I remember pulling out my Kindle and the little billfold could have fell out and I didn't notice.

Anyway, I emailed Carnival with the news. They got back to me in about three days and asked for a better description of it. I gave them the color, etc. The fact that my driver's license and credit cards were in it with my name.

Very nice. It's a breath of fresh air to hear a happy ending.:)

Bill

Good for you.

Glad you got your wallet back,! I lost a very nice bracelet at a past guest party several cruises ago, noticed it was gone within 10 minutes, reported it to pursers desk and it had already been turned in to the pursers desk by the wait staff! There are still a lot of honest people out there.:):):)

Congrats! With the way so many things in the world are going these days, it's truly refreshing to hear such a POSITIVE story. As noted above, I think the majority of folks are truly honest, and trustworthy. Thanks for posting! :cool:

"SKY"

On our cruise in November aboard the Liberty we went to our cabin and opened the safe. Lo and behold there was a credit card in there. Just a single credit card. We took it to guest serviced immediately. I hope it got returned to the owner.

Good news! There are a lot of honest people and you were lucky one of them found your wallet.

I recently dropped my wallet in a parking lot of a grocery store. Besides having credit cards in it, I had over $200 in cash ( which is a rarity for me as I like to buy everything with my cc's ). Someone turned it in and nothing had been touched.

The only negative was the store did not get the name of the person who found it so I was not able to thank them for their honesty and return of my wallet.

Archived