Summer 2015 Cruises QOTS

js17

I'm second guessing my earlier prediction a little bit. Now that the cat is out of the bag on the reveal date, it wouldn't be too surprising for them to reveal this week that the summer '15 opening coincides with the full reveal. It's actually quite logical from a marketing perspective... that could be why we couldn't get any info on the opening date up until today, they wanted to keep the full reveal date a state secret for some reason that's only known to them.

I guess we shall see! If we get to around midweek and it's still a state secret then I'll return to my initial opinion that the two dates are unrelated.

Ok so what is the date that you guys are talking about? Missed it in postings. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

This updated deployment schedule was posted on another thread, but wanted to revive this old one for relevancy's sake:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

As you can see, "Summer Caribbean" has appeared for the week of March 24-28 -- surprisingly!!! shockingly!!! -- coinciding with the week of the Quantum dining reveal.

With the express caveat that Royal's conduct this deployment season has indicated that these deployment files aren't worth the pixels used to display them, this updated flyer certainly suggests that the Quantum Summer 15 opening will coincide with the dining reveal.

Also note that "Winter Caribbean" is also listed that week -- as well as this coming week. I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the Anthem's Winter Caribbean opens around the same time.

This updated deployment schedule was posted on another thread, but wanted to revive this old one for relevancy's sake:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

As you can see, "Summer Caribbean" has appeared for the week of March 24-28 -- surprisingly!!! shockingly!!! -- coinciding with the week of the Quantum dining reveal.

With the express caveat that Royal's conduct this deployment season has indicated that these deployment files aren't worth the pixels used to display them, this updated flyer certainly suggests that the Quantum Summer 15 opening will coincide with the dining reveal.

Also note that "Winter Caribbean" is also listed that week -- as well as this coming week. I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the Anthem's Winter Caribbean opens around the same time.

And the big reveal is on a Wednesday, "Shocking" I wouldn't be supprised

If the open bookings for both will commence on that day ????

And the big reveal is on a Wednesday, "Shocking" I wouldn't be supprised

If the open bookings for both will commence on that day ????

Yep! Why they could not have just been up front about this from the get go is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yep! Why they could not have just been up front about this from the get go is beyond me.

So this delay was probably done for a public relations event ???

So this delay was probably done for a public relations event ???

Wouldn't that be something! If true, we all got it wrong.

Edited by Dave85

Wow that's so crazy and sort of pathetic lol. I'm wondering if they are going to change up the Caribbean itinerary and want to make the announcement at the reveal on March 26. One more week and we should know what the big deal has been.

Wow that's so crazy and sort of pathetic lol. I'm wondering if they are going to change up the Caribbean itinerary and want to make the announcement at the reveal on March 26. One more week and we should know what the big deal has been.

The timing also coincides with the Summit Summer/Fall 2015 Voyages out of Cape Liberty.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037124_2015_CEL_2016_Deployment_Open_Schedule.pdf

The Summit & EXOS always opened new bookings within a week of another for the Summer/Fall sailings. This has occurred for at least the past 5yrs :)

The QOTS & Summit will be doing Canada/New. England voyages commencing Late August 2015. The reserve is the QOTS.

It was previously marked Quantum but changed to Reserve.

http://www.portofportlandmaine.org/schedule2015.pdf

Edited by FIRELT5

The timing also coincides with the Summit Summer/Fall 2015 Voyages out of Cape Liberty.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037124_2015_CEL_2016_Deployment_Open_Schedule.pdf

The Summit & EXOS always opened new bookings within a week of another for the Summer/Fall sailings. This has occurred for at least the past 5yrs :)

The QOTS & Summit will be doing Canada/New. England voyages commencing Late August 2015. The reserve is the QOTS.

It was previously marked Quantum but changed to Reserve.

http://www.portofportlandmaine.org/schedule2015.pdf

Also the QOTS will visit Bar Harbor Maine September/October 2015

http://scanmaritime.com/2015%20schedule.htm

Haha you totally called that one! I remember you saying that a month ago.

Haha you totally called that one! I remember you saying that a month ago.

Dave, I guess RCL does like Wednesdays as additional openings became available on Wednesday 3/19/14. Let's hope for a 3/26/14 Summer/Fall 2015 opening. Looks like possibly a controlled opening with C&A members first, then the general public. I would be looking for a media press release shortly before the big event :)

Dave, I guess RCL does like Wednesdays as additional openings became available on Wednesday 3/19/14. Let's hope for a 3/26/14 Summer/Fall 2015 opening. Looks like possibly a controlled opening with C&A members first, then the general public. I would be looking for a media press release shortly before the big event :)

I already have it marked on my calendar. I'm hoping for an email from RCI too with the timeframes of when C&A members can make reservations. ;)

We should have a good idea this evening if the QOTS Summer/Fall 2015 Itin will open on Wednesday. RCL usually loads the Itin's into the reservation system the evening prior to the opening. :):)

We should have a good idea this evening if the QOTS Summer/Fall 2015 Itin will open on Wednesday. RCL usually loads the Itin's into the reservation system the evening prior to the opening. :):)

Fingers crossed!!!

...orrrrr maybe Quantum is going to Europe and her itineraries will open in June :eek::rolleyes:;):p

I'm wondering what is going on with my cruise 4/24/15. It's the last one before the summer itinerary. It's been showing as N/A for almost 2 weeks. I can't believe it's sold out. There were plenty of cabins available a couple of weeks ago.

I'm wondering what is going on with my cruise 4/24/15. It's the last one before the summer itinerary. It's been showing as N/A for almost 2 weeks. I can't believe it's sold out. There were plenty of cabins available a couple of weeks ago.

That is interesting as we are on the sailing right before you. Do you think perhaps the first Bermuda sailing will be on April 25...???

That is interesting as we are on the sailing right before you. Do you think perhaps the first Bermuda sailing will be on April 25...???

I hope not. I booked the 4/24 the first day they came out, and if they changed it, there is no way I could afford to rebook another date. My SJS was 3,000 solo when I booked, last time I checked it was over $5,000.

I hope not. I booked the 4/24 the first day they came out, and if they changed it, there is no way I could afford to rebook another date. My SJS was 3,000 solo when I booked, last time I checked it was over $5,000.

When Royal Caribbean has made changes like that in the past they have offered a deal. If the new itinerary is cheaper you can switch, keep your cabin, and pay the lower price. If the new itinerary is more expensive you can switch, keep your cabin, and pay your original price. If the length changes they may do the match (cost per night) and charge you more or less. That sailing is 8 nights and Bermuda out of Cape Liberty is usually 6 or 9 nights so they could do a one off 8 nighted or change it. Seems odd to me though that they would open booking for such a short initial season and still not have every sailing finalized. I wouldn't be surprised if it really did sell out or a group booked the rest of the ship (or is discussing it). We've seen groups do that with brand new ships many times before, even Allure of the Seas in her first year (completely private sailing).

See my thread on why we are not likely to see QOS summer 2015 Bermuda deployment schedules anytime soon.

See my thread on why we are not likely to see QOS summer 2015 Bermuda deployment schedules anytime soon.

Here is the actual link to the study which was posted on the QOS sub forum

On 3/12/14

http://channelstudy.info/home.html

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2006400

Edited by FIRELT5