Summer 2015 Cruises QOTS

js17

Interested in obtaining more info on the Quantum Intiniary...Looking to sail May, 2015, 2nd to 3rd week May...Want to "BEAT THE SCHOOL SAILINGS FOR JUNE, JULY, AUGUST"...

Quantum looks AWESOME! :)

Spoke with an RCI rep and he said for May, 2015 sailings, start checking availability 13 months in advance, which would be April, 2014..I think I will start checking March, 2014...

Anyone hear yet if it will be the 8 night Bahama intiniary in May, June, 2015?????:confused::confused:

I'm looking in that same timeframe. Nobody knows for sure what specific itineraries will be offered for May '15 and beyond, but there's been plenty of speculation. It could be a continuation of the early program, it could be a return to Explorer's 9 night / 5 night program, could be a mixture, who knows.

April 2014 sounds about right, rest assured there will be plenty of discussion here on CC when Royal announces the time frame for their next series of releases.

Posted this in the deployments thread on the main RCI board, but figured since it's Quantum related and we have nothing else to talk about over here I'd bring my idle speculation over here too LOL:

As many of you know, the St. Maarten port schedule is available online and goes through 2015. http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx So I flipped to May '15, and couldn't help but notice that Quantum starts showing up in St. Maarten on Mondays, every 14 days, at the very strange time of 12:15 pm...

Lets see... hmm...

9+5 is 14...

Explorer's current 9 night cruises (during her 9 night / 5 night program) leave on Friday...

...and it would make perfect sense that a ship leaving from NJ on Friday could arrive in St. Maarten by mid-day on Monday (2.5 days at Sea)...

Looks to me like Quantum may adopt Explorer's 9 night / 5 night format beginning in May '15, as I hoped! :D:D:D

LOL all speculation of course based on the information provided, but I think it's a solid theory.

Edited by Dave85

Great minds think alike LOL. We couldn't possibly be wrong, right? ;)

I'm not sure how far the St. Maarten schedule went out when you first posted, but now it's clear that the pattern continues into the summer. Only quibble I'd have with your original post is that the ship could head directly from Bayonne on Friday rather than stop in Bermuda first... I'd lean towards directly from Bayonne, but we'll see!

Nevertheless, I gave you a well-deserved shoutout just now on the other thread ;)

Edited by Dave85

Dave,

I'm anxiously awaiting the Summer 2015 schedule for Quantum also. We are currently booked on QOTS for Dec 2014 but I really hate the Florida/Bahamas itinerary and would much rather to do the 9 night Caribbean if that's what it's going to be. I will definitely be one of the first to reschedule from Dec 2014 to June 2015 in our Spa JS. It cannot be posted soon enough to suit me. :cool::D

Happy cruising!

Dave,

I'm anxiously awaiting the Summer 2015 schedule for Quantum also. We are currently booked on QOTS for Dec 2014 but I really hate the Florida/Bahamas itinerary and would much rather to do the 9 night Caribbean if that's what it's going to be. I will definitely be one of the first to reschedule from Dec 2014 to June 2015 in our Spa JS. It cannot be posted soon enough to suit me. :cool::D

Happy cruising!

I hear ya! I'm ready to pounce on the May 8, 2015, 9 night Quantum crusie if FIRELT and I are right ;):p Good luck and Happy Cruising!

Edited by Dave85

Great minds think alike LOL. We couldn't possibly be wrong, right? ;)

I'm not sure how far the St. Maarten schedule went out when you first posted, but now it's clear that the pattern continues into the summer. Only quibble I'd have with your original post is that the ship could head directly from Bayonne on Friday rather than stop in Bermuda first... I'd lean towards directly from Bayonne, but we'll see!

Nevertheless, I gave you a well-deserved shoutout just now on the other thread ;)

Actually I was definitely wrong, Explorer's 9 night leaves on Thursday, not Friday. Your stop in Bermuda makes wayyy more sense than my original straight down to St.M theory :p The same exact itinerary EOS is running this year makes sense.

Edited by Dave85

Actually I was definitely wrong, Explorer's 9 night leaves on Thursday, not Friday. Your stop in Bermuda makes wayyy more sense than my original straight down to St.M theory :p The same exact itinerary EOS is running this year makes sense.

No worries Dave, we still like you. :p And YES that makes more sense. I wish they would do longer cruises in the Summer months like they do Dec-Apr though. Oh well, the 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean is still great.

I'm waiting for bookings to open for August 2015. Do they open up at an earlier date for Diamond members? I want to book one of the family suites for six and they go fast!

Well usually that is only when a new ship just opens bookings- and since Quantum has already been booking doubt there will be an earlier date. I too am anxious to see what type of accommodations I can get too. We are looking at mid- June 15. I am excited to book this new ship and to know where it is sailing at that time. Would sure love some more information too!!

Does anyone have any information on how this ship will compare to the oasis class for toddlers and children?

We don't have any information on this area yet. But based on what we've seen them rolling back to the other classes (specifically the extent of what Freedom ships get) it seems like she'll be on par with what Oasis offers, just a tad smaller. Since they've now learned since Oasis/Allure she may even offer more things, just in a smaller footprint.

We don't have any information on this area yet. But based on what we've seen them rolling back to the other classes (specifically the extent of what Freedom ships get) it seems like she'll be on par with what Oasis offers, just a tad smaller. Since they've now learned since Oasis/Allure she may even offer more things, just in a smaller footprint.

RCI hasn't posted much new information on Quantum lately. I think we are ALL due for a "fix" soon. :rolleyes::D

Assuming Quantum continues Caribbean itineraries for the Summer, looks like we can book her next week!!:D Check it out:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

Lets hope there aren't delays like there were last year.

That's the earliest Opening I did ever see for the Northeast Summer/Fall opening.

Highly confident on the BDA/Carribean Itin.

Assuming Quantum continues Caribbean itineraries for the Summer, looks like we can book her next week!!:D Check it out:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

Will booking be open to everyone the same day the new deployment schedule is published? Thanks.

Ok thanks. Maybe someone else here on CC may know.

Unsure, best advice is just to keep checking early and often... That's what I'll be doing.

Annefran, looks like we'll get to book earlier than expected!!! Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Unsure, best advice is just to keep checking early and often... That's what I'll be doing.

Annefran, looks like we'll get to book earlier than expected!!! Fingers crossed.

Thank you Dave.

Hi Roe, thanks for posting!!! Hope you and the family are doing well. We need to cruise again together one of these days. ;)

Dave this made my day! I will definitely be rebooking my QOTS cruise from Dec 2014 to June 2015 once I see the schedule next week. DD is graduating from college late May, so early June should be ok. We have already done the 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary on Explorer but this time it will be ALL about the ship and enjoying the Spa JS. Oh yeah! :D

Fingers crossed it's released this week. We just got booted from our Allure April 2015 cruise and we have to make a decision on what to do next by the 20th. I soooooo want to be on Quantum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Past experience has been within 48 hours of opening and usually before noon. Checked in with the D+ desk and nothing is loaded into the data base as of yet.