Summer 2015 Cruises QOTS

js17

I suggest you try Elbow Beach.....very quiet and only a handful of people. We love it there!:)

I think we went there on our first Bermuda cruise years ago. Do they have bathroom facilities? Can you rent an umbrella? My wife cannot take full sun. If not, I can bring one with me. One of the advantages of sailing out of Bayonne with no flights.

I think we went there on our first Bermuda cruise years ago. Do they have bathroom facilities? Can you rent an umbrella? My wife cannot take full sun. If not, I can bring one with me. One of the advantages of sailing out of Bayonne with no flights.
Yes, there are loungers and umbrellas for rentals.

On the left hand side, there is a hotel with a restaurant (Mickeys) you can use the bathroom facilities there.:)

• 3 weeks later...
The 9 day is fabulous! We've sailed that itinerary 5 times on Explorer.

We've done a few 9 days on the Explorer but we've been doing 7 days lately. I want to do 9 on Quantum so we have enough time to enjoy it. And I'm greedy 7 days is just not enough.

Love To Cruise RCCL

I hope she is not their for a long time. Hopefully Royal Caribbean learned from the Explorer complaints and this time they'll swap the three Quantum sisters every few years. The ship is designed for sailing from NJ but it's the fact that the shows don't change that people complain about more than the ship being the same.

I love your idea about change the ships around. Maybe they will even allow two different classes to sail out of Bayonne. Maybe one of the Freedom class ships also.

In addition, when all this building is said and done there will be 4 Quantum sisters. There is still an option for a fourth, which I believe will be picked up not to fair in the distant future as well as the 4th Oasis sister.

add us to the list of people looking to book the 9-day June 2015 cruise on the Quantum. This may coincide with DD's HS graduation before she leaves for college although now she's thinking of starting Summer 2015 which would be the last week of June. Ugh, cutting it close. Heck, maybe I'll send her off to college and take the cruise with my parents (DH isn't thrilled about cruising).

I think we are going to forego our 2014 cruise next year (I can't find a cruise I'm happy with, i.e.: I don't have to fly to) ;) and concentrate on a Quantum Summer 2015 cruise.

We've done a few 9 days on the Explorer but we've been doing 7 days lately. I want to do 9 on Quantum so we have enough time to enjoy it. And I'm greedy 7 days is just not enough.

We did the 9-night Explorer itinerary in August 2011... We LOVED it, although we felt - like many others who have posted on the boards, that the 4 or 5-hour stop in San Juan was not enough time in the port to do anything or see much more than the area around the dock.

DH and I are booked on the 2/20/15 9-night QOS sailing and are really looking forward to that trip as it includes Labadee and Dominican Republic on this itinerary. We love St. Thomas too which is also on the itinerary, but I think we have already decided that we will stay on the ship and explore all that the Quantum has to offer when it makes its first stop in San Juan (docks from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM) it is a 7 hour stop this time, but late hours still make it hard to do any sight seeing... we will see as the date gets closer. :)

Quantum seems to replace Explorer in summer 2015 from Cape Liberty.

Could it be that Explorer switches to Europe to replace Serenade on the 12-night-itineraries from Barcelona??

I believe Explorer is going down to Florida once Quantum comes to NJ.

I love your idea about change the ships around. Maybe they will even allow two different classes to sail out of Bayonne. Maybe one of the Freedom class ships also.

In addition, when all this building is said and done there will be 4 Quantum sisters. There is still an option for a fourth, which I believe will be picked up not to fair in the distant future as well as the 4th Oasis sister.

I also love this idea too. I love the Explorer but after sailing on her 5 times, we are looking forward to a new ship. Living in NJ, I love not having to fly to the port. It's such an easy 40 minute drive. I hope they do swap out the ships too.

We did the 9-night Explorer itinerary in August 2011... We LOVED it, although we felt - like many others who have posted on the boards, that the 4 or 5-hour stop in San Juan was not enough time in the port to do anything or see much more than the area around the dock.

DH and I are booked on the 2/20/15 9-night QOS sailing and are really looking forward to that trip as it includes Labadee and Dominican Republic on this itinerary. We love St. Thomas too which is also on the itinerary, but I think we have already decided that we will stay on the ship and explore all that the Quantum has to offer when it makes its first stop in San Juan (docks from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM) it is a 7 hour stop this time, but late hours still make it hard to do any sight seeing... we will see as the date gets closer. :)

Not sure why they even bother to stop in Puerto Rico or places like Nassau for just a few hours or bad times? (7am-2pm). I don't know about anyone else but when I'm on vacation, I like to sleep in and don't get off the ship earlier than maybe 9:30ish. I agree with you.

Sounds interesting - maybe they deploy Quantum and Independence out of Cape Liberty, when Anthem sails from Southampton in 2015...:)

Sounds interesting - maybe they deploy Quantum and Independence out of Cape Liberty, when Anthem sails from Southampton in 2015...:)

Why is it for sure that Anthem is sailing from Southhampton? Perhaps I missed something. I am really hoping for a longer itinerary for June 15- maybe I am dreaming but I guess we'll see.

In Villefranche and Le Havre, Anthem has been listed for 2015... ;) but it's not officially yet...

I think you made an excellent discovery when you found those Anthem schedules and it probably shocked RCI that someone on CC found out first as they always do. Thus they asked those ports to change the schedules with Anthem listed. Again, great work on your part.

Since you are in Germany, any plans to visit Meyer Werft?

I'm not sure why Anthem has been replaced by Independence on the calendar but I wouldn't hold much faith that it was to cover something up. We found St. Maarten listings months before Quantum was announced. Those even listed a ship number rather than name for a while because it was so early. Royal Caribbean never made them remove those so I don't see why this would be any different. It very well could be that Royal is still thinking of how to use Quantum and Independence together and really have swapped some plans between the 2 ships if they are both sailing from Southampton.

I still find it odd that all those ports would list Anthem with specific dates without any input from RCI. Can you image all these European ports listing Anthem on their schedules in hopes that she would have a call every few weeks or so.

I'm sure RCI was involved. I'm just not confident that they've finalized at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw more ships changed on port calendars. As the fleet grows with new ships in 2 years I'm sure RCI has a rather complex series of swaps to think through. They don't want to wait too long and lose out on a port though. As long as they have a birth reserved and ship size is comparable they can probably swap things around before announcing without issues.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I'm sure RCI was involved. I'm just not confident that they've finalized at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw more ships changed on port calendars. As the fleet grows with new ships in 2 years I'm sure RCI has a rather complex series of swaps to think through. They don't want to wait too long and lose out on a port though. As long as they have a birth reserved and ship size is comparable they can probably swap things around before announcing without issues.

I do agree that it could be complex planning but it would be nice if they just put the information such as home port etc out there like other cruise lines. I believe NCL announced Breakaway and Getaway home ports and ports of call way ahead of time. Maybe Carvinal did too with their last new builds. I am sure most would agree that RCI is a lot more secretive than other lines. Gees we cant even get a decent picture of Quantum in the Meyer Werft building dock.

I'm not sure why Anthem has been replaced by Independence on the calendar but I wouldn't hold much faith that it was to cover something up. We found St. Maarten listings months before Quantum was announced. Those even listed a ship number rather than name for a while because it was so early. Royal Caribbean never made them remove those so I don't see why this would be any different. It very well could be that Royal is still thinking of how to use Quantum and Independence together and really have swapped some plans between the 2 ships if they are both sailing from Southampton.

I think they only have replaced Anthem by Independence because RCI does not want that many people know hat Anthem sails out of Southampton until RCI has announced anything... ;)

But QUANTUM from Southampton I do not think so... I think she will be based year-round in Cape Liberty...;)

But if Anthem sails out of Southampton, let's see what happens to Independence...

• 1 month later...
I hope this is true!

We were at a "Quantum of the Seas" event at our local travel agent last week and the RCI rep was there to talk about the new ship. He was asked about when they will release the summer 2015 itineraries. He said he thought in the next month...by Thanksgiving.

RCI will be part of the Thanksgiving Day parade and there will be a huge local area sales push around here for the new ship so it makes sense to make more bookings available once they start the big advertising push.

He also said he thinks the summer itineraries will be the same as what Explorer is doing...5 night and 9 night. I guess RCI has some contract with Bermuda for the summer months so that has to be included in the itineraries.