Oasis is backwards...

This is exactly why when people ask which side of the ship gives you the best view in a certain port, the answer should be it depends on which way the captain decides to park it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

and what else is 'different' this morning is the first time Oasis is berthed at

Terminal 18 without any red and white smokestacks:( See I bet she got confused because the stacks were gone LOL :)

Actually Allure berthed this way last Sunday

and what else is 'different' this morning is the first time Oasis is berthed at

Terminal 18 without any red and white smokestacks:( See I bet she got confused because the stacks were gone LOL :)

Actually Allure berthed this way last Sunday

That is quite interesting about the smokestacks. Did not realize they are gone.

I will be on her next month, starboard side. I like that side for the Western Caribbean sailings on Oasis and Allure.

That is quite interesting about the smokestacks. Did not realize they are gone.

I will be on her next month, starboard side. I like that side for the Western Caribbean sailings on Oasis and Allure.

The smokestacks were imploded on Tuesday morning to make way for more efficient ones. It was shown LIVE on the webcam.

Here is a link to the video that was taken by PTZtv.com the Port Everglades webcam owners. There are actually two videos from two different perspectives in this link.

What's amazing to me is watching them turn those gigantic ships around! It is a miracle of Science!

I agree! The manoeuvrability of these cruise ships I amazing. I know Freedom is smaller, but on my cruise when we were coming into St Thomas, Carnival Glory and Disney Dream I believe had beat us to the dock. So the only spot for us was in the middle between the two. And I was thinking "how is the captain gonna parallel park this thing?". But you don't even really notice the bow is already swinging around. And he inserted us just so inbetween carnival and disney. It was something really cool to experience. Can't wait to experience things like that on the Allure

The smokestacks were imploded on Tuesday morning to make way for more efficient ones. It was shown LIVE on the webcam.

Here is a link to the video that was taken by PTZtv.com the Port Everglades webcam owners. There are actually two videos from two different perspectives in this link.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing Emmy.

Archived