Any ideas to get rid of this??

tee3240

While I've never had a big problem with "rocking", I have noticed it in the bathroom and shower (where there are hard surfaces). From reading other's suggestions for a long time, if you think you need some help, I'd recommend you ask your pharmacist for the generic Dramamine, Meclizine. It's usually behind the counter, but you don't need a Rx. It's really cheap (and also good for sea sickness, if anyone's interested ;)).

I would ask your doctor before using Meclizine or any other anti-sea sickness meds.

Hope you feel better BUT how was your cruise? I'm on the splendor next week

This was my first Carnival cruise and I admit I was a bit nervous, fear of the unknown, LOL! But I LOVED it! The staff was WONDERFUL! I actually liked dining at the same time and place every night vs NCL's freestyle. Waitstaff was great, very nice. They work soooo hard. A total must do is the Pinnacle Steakhouse, so good! Ship was big, confusing layout, finally got the hang of it the last day. :D I still liked it though. Very clean.

I would be glad to answer (or at least try to) any questions you have. :)

I only get it a bed time and I love the feeling of beeing rocked to sleep. I actually get upset once it stops because then the cruise blues set in LOL. However if I had all the time evern if only 2-3 Idon't think I would enjoy it as much. I hope you are over it soon good luck.

The funniest for me was after the first cruise. I remember that night I went in bed and as soon as I lied down everything started dancing around me and I was rocking like it didn't even happen in the ship, so I didn't know what was going on and I screamed " EARTHQUAKE!" and my husband almost believed because he was experiencing that same thing!

Last Sept. we went on a 7 day cruise on Liberty. I had a friend at work who always wanted to go on a cruise, so her and her husband also went. It was their first cruise... and sadly their last. They actually had a blast.. and wanted to cruise again... even bought future cruise certificates. After they got home, the husband began feeling symptoms of dizziness, off balance, headaches... and just a strange overall feeling. He got checked out by doctors, even had a cat scan of his brain. All was good there, but he was diagnosed with Disembarkment Syndrome. And was told it may last a short while or for months... Now, it is 10 months later, and he still has this. I had never heard of such a thing ... It is sad really because they had such an awesome time... he was always so happy when he was on that ship, and even hugged me and told me thanks for helping them with their planning and left a gift on my sail and sign... He was told he could not cruise or fly because he would get this all over again. Sad for them...

I experience this too after a cruise, and the severity usually depends on how rocky the ship was. The more swells, the more I experience it. It just feels like I'm still cruising even though I'm back on land. Mine is usually gone within a day after I get home.

I experience this too after a cruise, and the severity usually depends on how rocky the ship was. The more swells, the more I experience it. It just feels like I'm still cruising even though I'm back on land. Mine is usually gone within a day after I get home.

What was different about this cruise is... we had perfect weather... the sea looked like glass... In all of my 24 cruise, this was the calmest... never felt any rocking... nobody showing seasickness... it is so strange that he came down with this...

Take some Bonine for a couple nights.....it always helps me

OP I know what you are experiencing. Not fun. I'm just happy I don't get that dizzy feeling until AFTER the cruise. I never feel like that while cruising!!! I agree - the active ingredient in Bonine is 25mg Meclizine - the store brand works great too. I start taking the meclizine about 2 days before the cruise and continue once a day while on the cruise and usually for about a week - maybe two (depending on how I'm feeling) after the cruise. I get it pretty bad as well but this regimen helps me - I hope it helps you too. I don't take an allergy pill while I'm taking meclizine. I know how you are feeling - it does go away eventually:) It never stops me from wanting to plan the next cruise!!!!!;)

Just got back today from an awesome cruise on the Splendor...have this weird dizzy feeling like I'm still on the ship. This always happens to me after a cruise. Any ideas on how to "cure" it?? I know it will eventually go away...

DH has awakened the day after a cruise with that and at times was so bad the room was spinning and he could not stand up, so he could not go to work. I called our ENT and he told him to take Bonine for a couple of days. It did the trick by the next morning.

As a preventative our ENT also advised DH to take Bonine starting the last 3 days of the cruise. It has worked well to prevent it happening. The dizziness was always worse on cruises where we had flights home afterward than those we drove to the port. ENT said the combination of the pressure changes in the plane and the motion of the ship leave the body very confused.

Takes a few weeks for me sometimes.....everyone is different.

Me too. I sort of enjoy the sensation, although it does interfere with my concentration at work when working on graphic design and coding websites. The monitor doesn't want to sit still, or so it seems.

I get the same feeling after each cruise. I have an inner ear problem so I get this type of feeling whenever I consume a lot of sodium so after a cruise it lasts for a few days to a couple of weeks. I take an over the counter diuretic and it helps it go away. Some people who aren't aware that they have any inner ear problems will feel the vertigo and other symptoms due to a change in the amount of water they've retained and it's easy to retain a lot of water on the cruise due to the amount of sodium in the food and the amount of fluids consumed. An OTC diuretic always does the trick to alleviate the symptoms. There's been a time or two that I've had to take a diuretic and a bonine pill to help when it was really bad, but it's rare the diuretic doesn't take care of it on it's own.

Now I take Lasix starting a few days before the trip and while on the ship and I don't have any dizziness or nausea afterwards.

I've been working offshore since I was 18. That's almost 18 years and 4000 days at sea. I don't get land sick every time, but after a rough trip offshore I will get dizzy the first couple of days at home. I remember one time spending 28 days with out touching a dock, this was winter time on the East Coast, I bumped into walls every time I went down the hallway for the first few days at home. It will pass after a few days.

Just got back today from an awesome cruise on the Splendor...have this weird dizzy feeling like I'm still on the ship. This always happens to me after a cruise. Any ideas on how to "cure" it?? I know it will eventually go away...

Book another cruise, its the best cure.

Mine usually last 3 days. It's so weird, I never experience it when at ports. It is only after I disembark when I feel it.

Yes, me too. I felt fine the whole cruise including at the ports. Started feeling weird as soon as I got home...

Last Sept. we went on a 7 day cruise on Liberty. I had a friend at work who always wanted to go on a cruise, so her and her husband also went. It was their first cruise... and sadly their last. They actually had a blast.. and wanted to cruise again... even bought future cruise certificates. After they got home, the husband began feeling symptoms of dizziness, off balance, headaches... and just a strange overall feeling. He got checked out by doctors, even had a cat scan of his brain. All was good there, but he was diagnosed with Disembarkment Syndrome. And was told it may last a short while or for months... Now, it is 10 months later, and he still has this. I had never heard of such a thing ... It is sad really because they had such an awesome time... he was always so happy when he was on that ship, and even hugged me and told me thanks for helping them with their planning and left a gift on my sail and sign... He was told he could not cruise or fly because he would get this all over again. Sad for them...

That's terrible!

Archived