Any ideas to get rid of this??

tee3240

Just got back today from an awesome cruise on the Splendor...have this weird dizzy feeling like I'm still on the ship. This always happens to me after a cruise. Any ideas on how to "cure" it?? I know it will eventually go away...

Just got back today from an awesome cruise on the Splendor...have this weird dizzy feeling like I'm still on the ship. This always happens to me after a cruise. Any ideas on how to "cure" it?? I know it will eventually go away...

What you are experiencing is normal and should last a few days perhaps even weeks and then slowly dissipate. Hope I helped.

Take some Bonine for a couple nights.....it always helps me

I get it for 3-5 days usually after a cruise. Dizziness, headaches, off-balance feeling, and hard to concentrate. It gets worse when I lie down or am in the shower for some reason.

Dramamine/Bonine doesn't help it for me. The only things that make it go away are time, and if I get to where I can't take it any more, going for a drive in the car. Putting the body back in motion again makes it stop at least temporarily. As soon as I get out of the car, though, it's right back.

I "rock" after a cruise.

My very first cruise was a very rough, high seas kind of a cruise. We had such high swells, they were actually hanging the vomit bags all along the hallways and in the elevators etc.

I admit, I got sick that night. At the end of the cruise, I rocked for a few days.

I rock for a little usually when I first get off cruises now. My DH has no issues at all neither do my kids. :rolleyes: I have never experienced anything however like that first cruise.

I also have had after a cruise the next day at work feeling like walking side to side like being on the ship. It last about a day, it's your body is telling you to get back on a cruise…it likes it.

I used to have that feeling for the first 4-5 days after every cruise. It always went away on its own. It was the worst while using my computer at work. It seemed as if the screen was slowly rocking back and forth to the left and right. Freaky!

The funny thing is I had that feeling after each of our first 15 cruises. It has never happened to me on any cruises after the 15th. So my advise is to take lots of cruises and see if it stops happening to you!

If you can't find ginger capsules try crystallized ginger. Ginger sets the body in sync. It always works for me. I take it before, during and after cruises. If the weather is rough the crystallized is best.

I get it after every cruise I take extra time off after a cruise to let this have time to stop. Pretty normal after all I have read. Never have taken anything for this but I never get sick on the ship. :)

I get it after every cruise I take extra time off after a cruise to let this have time to stop. Pretty normal after all I have read. Never have taken anything for this but I never get sick on the ship. :)

Same here. I've never been seasick, even in very rough seas. I thankfully don't get queasy or an upset stomach afterward - just the dizzy, swaying, off balance feeling.

I used to have that feeling for the first 4-5 days after every cruise. It always went away on its own. It was the worst while using my computer at work. It seemed as if the screen was slowly rocking back and forth to the left and right. Freaky!

The funny thing is I had that feeling after each of our first 15 cruises. It has never happened to me on any cruises after the 15th. So my advise is to take lots of cruises and see if it stops happening to you!

I experienced the same thing as you but not as many cruises. My first 3 or 4 cruises I felt like I was rocking for days after but my last couple I never noticed it at all.

I had it on each of my cruises except the last one. It was the only time I stayed on a low deck - deck 2. All the other times we were on floors 7-10. I'm not sure I that had anything to do with it or not.

I'm afraid time is the only thing I know of that will make it go away.

I have it for 3-5 days after every cruise. I feel dizzy, off balance, and really fatigued. I have never (knock wood) been sea sick, just "land sick" afterwards. When it lasts for longer than a few days and is severe, the term is mal de debarquement. Meds are said not to work--your brain just needs time to adjust to being on dry land again. This is one reason I prefer cruises that end on Saturday rather than Sunday. It gives me an extra day to rest and try to recover before having to go back to work. My next cruise is Sunday-Sunday, so I may end up taking that Monday off from work.

Archived