Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

Yes, people pipe in with a list of excuses........

I was in the penthouse on my last cruise. For the first time in almost 300 days with Hal I brought one bottle of wine on. Is it a prerequisite to bring lots of wine on when you are in the ph. Maybe they were in an inside room and drank like fish. You know what happens when you assume .......

My point here was the "amount" of room there is in the PH to entertain!!!

This used to be a great informative place for cruising info.

Now the first page has 8 wine threads 2 wine petitions, a guy that was denied a can of beer and wants a street named after him,

And chocolates that aren't up to snuff.

If the sight could get back to being useful

I'll buy you a CASE of wine.

Yes I know I can skip over these threads but they're completely dominating and smothering the boards.

Well said!!!

So let me get this straight...you're not allowed to entertain in your room (whatever room it may be), with a wine of your choice of which HAL does not carry???? Seriously people.........
Correct. You're currently allowed to bring wine on board for personal consumption only. You want to entertain? Buy HAL wine.

Now the first page has 8 wine threads 2 wine petitions, a guy that was denied a can of beer and wants a street named after him,

Yes I know I can skip over these threads but they're completely dominating and smothering the boards.

So you never said yes or no? :(

surfergirl...have you posted your petition and I've missed it :confused: I saw the other one but not yours.

Nope not yet ive been home only 2 nights ( i was traveling for 2 weeks for work) and before that i was waiting on my laptop repair from bestbuy. Black tie protection, best thing ever. But needed a keyboard. So sorry to keep everyone waiting ! My little phone just would not do...

Its finished just needs a closing. Its really just a list, the one posted today was so much nicer! I was thinking that we should only have one but everyone says two is better so ill finish it. Any thoughts?

Nope not yet ive been home only 2 nights ( i was traveling for 2 weeks for work) and before that i was waiting on my laptop repair from bestbuy. Black tie protection, best thing ever. But needed a keyboard. So sorry to keep everyone waiting ! My little phone just would not do...

Its finished just needs a closing. Its really just a list, the one posted today was so much nicer! I was thinking that we should only have one but everyone says two is better so ill finish it. Any thoughts?

Yes...the more, the merrier! :D

I would suspect that the reason that there are many threads and posts about the wine policy is because so many people care about bring their own wine on board.

You may not care about wine, but we aren't always in the majority. For instance I don't eat meat, but still there seem to be a lot more McDonalds and Jack in the Boxes out there than vegetarian restaurants. ;) I just live with the fact that other people feel differently and go about my business and let them go about their's.

I would suspect that the reason that there are many threads and posts about the wine policy is because so many people care about bring their own wine on board.

You may not care about wine, but we aren't always in the majority. For instance I don't eat meat, but still there seem to be a lot more McDonalds and Jack in the Boxes out there than vegetarian restaurants. ;) I just live with the fact that other people feel differently and go about my business and let them go about their's.

Well said!

When they are all my family ...that's "personal consumption| for me.
Family fine, but you said:
Perhaps they were staying in the Penthouse and entertaining a number of their friends!

I believe people bringing cases of wine aboard for parties was the primary reason that HAL decided to change the policy, so they have spoiled it for everyone.

Good points. However if you went to a vegetarian forum and the pages were clogged with posts on Mcdonalds and Jack In The Box...it might be slightly bothersome.

It's all about moderation,Jack In the box 3 times a day probably isn't good. 6 times a day would be out of control,over the top and just unhealthy (kind of like the 8 wine threads right now)

Good points. However if you went to a vegetarian forum and the pages were clogged with posts on Mcdonalds and Jack In The Box...it might be slightly bothersome.

It's all about moderation,Jack In the box 3 times a day probably isn't good. 6 times a day would be out of control,over the top and just unhealthy (kind of like the 8 wine threads right now)

I agree.

How about "You'll have to pry our wine out of our cold, dead hands" ? :D