Hopefully 'Live' from Ocean Princess. 6-14 August

cinnamon

Cinnamon - Thank you so much for this live thread. I'll be on the Pacific Princess next year. It will be my first small ship and I'm looking forward to it.

One question for you.... Espresso drinks? Where are these served on the Ocean Princess? - which I'm guessing would be the same as the Pacific Princess.

It's not like I can't live without a latte in the morning, but I'm curious because I can't tell from the deck plans where you'd get specialty coffee drinks.

Thanks again for a great thread.

TessM

Cinnamon, Did it seem there were plenty of taxis waiting and available right off the ship in Edinburgh, or do you have to get into the city to get one?

Berta there are a fleet of 30 taxis who have permission to work at the terminal whenever a ship is in port. There may be a line of only 5 at a time as they have them queuing further back so as not to block the traffic.

The drivers are fed up that Princess and the other lines imply that there are not many in order to encourage ship's tours.

Cinnamon - Thank you so much for this live thread. I'll be on the Pacific Princess next year. It will be my first small ship and I'm looking forward to it.

One question for you.... Espresso drinks? Where are these served on the Ocean Princess? - which I'm guessing would be the same as the Pacific Princess.

It's not like I can't live without a latte in the morning, but I'm curious because I can't tell from the deck plans where you'd get specialty coffee drinks.

Thanks again for a great thread.

TessM

We bought a coffee card and there are two venues it can be used. At the Club bar outside the MDR and at the buffet bar. Wait staff in the dining room and buffet can fetch them for you and in both places brewed coffee was available.

At breakfast we had brewed coffee instead of the regular stuff by showing the card.

We are across the Atlantic now with family in Calgary but I can still answer any questions. :)

Have a wonderful visit. As I posted in my email, I enjoyed your blog, because it was one of those times, that you have met the person doing the writing.

Next cruise will you do the same????

Eleanor

I have just returned from the cruise following Cinnamon's. Whilst I appreciate that food is a preferential taste, I am surprised to see the earlier comments about the food being better than other Princess ships. As a first time Princess cruiser. I can honestly say that the food was the WORST I have experienced on any line. How they can make it so tasteless is beyond me, and most cuts of lamb and beef were rock hard. Even the other diehard Princess cruisers said that the food was not up to par. The staff were very friendly though, so that was good. But maybe small ships are not my thing. Back to X for me.

Have a wonderful visit. As I posted in my email, I enjoyed your blog, because it was one of those times, that you have met the person doing the writing.

Next cruise will you do the same????

Eleanor

Hi Eleanor, the answer is probably not. Our next cruise is on Celebrity and across the Atlantic. Without the 250 free minutes I had on Princess and 3G in home ports it would be too costly.

I did this one because there seemed to be limited information about the UK cruises on small ships.

I have just returned from the cruise following Cinnamon's. Whilst I appreciate that food is a preferential taste, I am surprised to see the earlier comments about the food being better than other Princess ships. As a first time Princess cruiser. I can honestly say that the food was the WORST I have experienced on any line. How they can make it so tasteless is beyond me, and most cuts of lamb and beef were rock hard. Even the other diehard Princess cruisers said that the food was not up to par. The staff were very friendly though, so that was good. But maybe small ships are not my thing. Back to X for me.

Each to their own. We must have chosen different dishes and have different tastes. It was better than on Crown Princess in 2011 and much better than Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas earlier this year.

Cinnamon,

My husband and I are cruising on the Ocean Princess in 2 weeks. I just ran across this 'blog'. Something was mentioned about a "Coffee" card. Would you tell me a little more, sounds like something I would be interested in.

Cinnamon,

My husband and I are cruising on the Ocean Princess in 2 weeks. I just ran across this 'blog'. Something was mentioned about a "Coffee" card. Would you tell me a little more, sounds like something I would be interested in.

Princess has no added cost coffee made from a syrup and available in the restaurants, the buffet and from room service.

They also have fresh brewed coffee and specialty coffee drinks (non-alcoholic) available at at least one bar on the ship. (On the Ocean Princess this would be at the Club bar on deck 5 and the buffet bar on deck 9.) These coffees have a charge for them.

A coffee card is available for about $31. It included unlimited fresh brewed coffee at the bar that has it and 15 punches for specialty coffees.

The unlimited fresh brewed is only for the cruise the card was purchased on. Any unused punches can be used on future Princess cruises.

On the Royal 3 scoops of gelato can be purchased with one punch on the coffee card. (not sure about other ships that have gelato)

Thanks for repyimng for me Caribill.

If you buy the coffee card the bars will do a takeaway coffee which you can take back to your cabin. Room sevice will provide the nasty syrup stuff.

Where on the Ocean Princess can you buy the coffee card?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Where on the Ocean Princess can you buy the coffee card?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can get the coffee card in the Club Lounge which is outside the MDR on Deck 5 aft and at the bar in the Panorama Buffet on deck 9 aft, port side.

my experience when we arrived on the ship they had some of the crew with their little tables set up on different decks, just like the gals selling spy treatments.

Don't worry you won't have to look far. Cruises now days are selling all the little extras

my experience when we arrived on the ship they had some of the crew with their little tables set up on different decks, just like the gals selling spy treatments.

Don't worry you won't have to look far. Cruises now days are selling all the little extras

We have always found you had to look carefully to find the "Spy" treatments. Sorry could not resist.

We have always found you had to look carefully to find the "Spy" treatments. Sorry could not resist.

That is o.k., I find the fingers go faster then the brain, which is unusual. I've seen many word mistakes but know what they mean as I'm know you did. (spa)

Anyone who has the chance to cruise on the Ocean or Pacific should try the Bristo. It's like a specialty restaurant without the fee. As mentioned before it is setup in the buffet in the evening after the buffet closes. Nice table cloths and table lights. The menu is limited and if you want to see it a head of time you can usually find it at the bar in the buffet. The food is cooked to order and you do have table service. It was a highlight for us one evening.

Archived