Chair Hogs

Bea3

After reading the Splendor things only CCers want to know--I believe there is supposed to be a certain maximum time chairs are allowed to be held. Don't people-staff and or guests- just remove towels after that period of time?

it is SUPPOSED to be 40 min. I was with Catrin (Hi Cathy :D) on the Splendor and they didnt enforce it at all. There was one woman who covered 15 chairs every morning. Yesterday she was seen putting stuff on 15 chairs at the Lido pool AND 15 chairs at the adult pool. Another put stuff on chairs in the sun and the shade. It was horrible.

Due to Dorian we went to Grand Turk on Friday rather than Wednesday and the Freedom went there as well rather than Curacao (sp?) It was VERY crowded. We sat on a chair to put our shoes on and some 20 somethings came by and said "thats my chair" needless to say he hadnt been in it all day. I just said "Chill, we're just putting out shoes on". So the "Chogs" were there too.

I was on the Splendor for the July 20th sailing. There were a ton of chair Hogs out; they did not enforce the maximum time per chair rule. They started to but the stickers on chairs on the third and fourth sea days but they did nothing after that. They never came back around to check the times on the chair. They need to enforce this more.

I just came off the Splendor today and chair hogs were terrible I was at adult pool at 730 watched a short fat lady yell at me as I went to sit on an empty seat and told me that was her seat , as she took 15 towels and placed them down like cards , no one said or did anything, no one used them before noon, on a rainey day she took 15 at the inside pool and not sure how many outside but I watched her head out to other pool with more towels as sun was coming out .

I would have said something to her. what a B

I cannot wait to upload my pictures (may take a few days). I have one picture I took yesterday from above..showing her two rows of saved chairs and ONE person sitting .... and no one else.

We stayed in our chairs (hubby couldn't sleep, got two chairs.....I arrived 30 minutes later at 7:45am).... until NOON. During that time.... only 5 of the 15 chairs EVER had a person sit in it for more than 5 minutes.

But... don't you know that every once in a while one of the group would visit his/her chair for a second.... sit down, socialize, and then leave. They were chair hog professionals. Better than everyone else... and entitled for some reason.

It actually became our source of entertainment ..... such a blatant disregard for others. I bet she removed her tips, too! :p

Catrin

I was on the splendor last September while it was still in California. And there were chair hogs too. Sadly it was my first cruise and I didn't know what could be done about it. And the crew, which I'm sure is different now, didn't enforce anything with regards to the chair hogs. Ruins it for everyone else.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was on the splendor last September while it was still in California. And there were chair hogs too. Sadly it was my first cruise and I didn't know what could be done about it. And the crew, which I'm sure is different now, didn't enforce anything with regards to the chair hogs. Ruins it for everyone else.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We sailed on the Splendor a few times from CA also, but the supposedly 'official' process to handle chair hogs wasn't in place then.

So the lady with 30 chairs posted at least one guard and then others would come for a few minutes to look like they were actually using them? At least that makes some sense. Not that it is right but how she gets away with it. So in general if the staff does not stop people from hogging chairs what happens when someone does move towels just sitting there. Fights? Yelling?

I just came off the Splendor today and chair hogs were terrible I was at adult pool at 730 watched a short fat lady yell at me as I went to sit on an empty seat and told me that was her seat , as she took 15 towels and placed them down like cards , no one said or did anything, no one used them before noon, on a rainey day she took 15 at the inside pool and not sure how many outside but I watched her head out to other pool with more towels as sun was coming out .

You're a better person than I am!:D

I would've came up to her and said " Which one of these chairs is yours?":(

Lady: Why?:confused:

Me: BECAUSE IN 45 MINIUTES, THAT'S THE CHAIR I'LL BE SITTING IN! THAT'S WHY!!!:eek::mad:

it is SUPPOSED to be 40 min. I was with Catrin (Hi Cathy :D) on the Splendor and they didnt enforce it at all. There was one woman who covered 15 chairs every morning. Yesterday she was seen putting stuff on 15 chairs at the Lido pool AND 15 chairs at the adult pool. Another put stuff on chairs in the sun and the shade. It was horrible.

That's just sad. On RCCL, there are people stationed to prevent people from doing that.

And they also collect unnattended things after about 10 minutes.

This 40 something minute rule is silly, IYAM, cause you can constantly work around it.

Well, I am going to be on the Splendor in a few weeks, and I can't wait to take the towels off the chairs as soon as she puts them down. If 15 people put towels down, fine. But if one person puts down 15,....that's a no-no, and we may come to blows over it. I'll be the one in the phoney CCL officer's uniform waiting for her. Get ready U-Tube!

:cool:

After reading the Splendor things only CCers want to know--I believe there is supposed to be a certain maximum time chairs are allowed to be held. Don't people-staff and or guests- just remove towels after that period of time?

FYI. I wll be on board the Splendor this fall,I WILL be dumping chairs hogs stuff .

Thanks for uderstanding.Yell ,threaten and curse if you like ,I don,t care.

If there are other chairs available, I don't care. If there are none and someone is hogging them like this, I'll simply go claim two for my wife and I. If anything is said I'll kindly remind them it's first come first served and reservations aren't taken for any chairs.

If it escalates from there I will take my shirt off, instantly blinding them, and then claim victory. :D

:cool:

FYI. I wll be on board the Splendor this fall,I WILL be dumping chairs hogs stuff .

Thanks for uderstanding.Yell ,threaten and curse if you like ,I don,t care.

What sail date in September? If its the 22nd we can go "hog hunting" together!:p