Chair Hogs

Bea3

If you remove stuff from a number of chairs that you don't need be sure to announce to the rest of the passengers in a loud voice that the chairs are now available.

Cheers!

I like the way you think Bill!:D:D

15 chairs my eye!

:D

I would so love to do this...I wish I was brave enough to remove someone's things from their chair. I need to get up the courage!

If you remove stuff from a number of chairs that you don't need be sure to announce to the rest of the passengers in a loud voice that the chairs are now available.

Cheers!

Didnt find chair hogs as much of a problem when we went on the Pride last year. Maybe out of NY made the difference???? Feeling entitled??? Just sayin :rolleyes:

Being from MA and greatly outnumbered I just kept my mouth shut. Too hot to sit in the sun anyway.

How come the actual chair hogs never post on these threads. There must be a few of them lurking on CC.

They are way too busy planning what pair of shorts and tank top to wear to the MDR on formal night, packing 17 bottles of "mouthwash" in their luggage, laughing maniacally as they remove their gratuities, and running through the buffet line touching all of the food.

They are way too busy planning what pair of shorts and tank top to wear to the MDR on formal night, packing 17 bottles of "mouthwash" in their luggage, laughing maniacally as they remove their gratuities, and running through the buffet line touching all of the food.

Why do they run through the buffet? Obviously they aren't concerned about leaving their chairs unoccupied. ;)

Folks, might I suggest to those of you who have had recent CHOG problems that instead of just griping about it here, you go visit Mr Heald on his FB page and inform him that CCL's own new rules are not being enforced. He probably doesn't really care, but there are others who visit him on FB daily who will. They'll be more than happy to voice their opinions and perhaps prompt him to have a talk with the powers that be.

Also, isn't there a Funville page or something like that? Forums on CCL's own site that are monitored by a CCL employee? That seems like it might also be a good place to express displeasure.

Put a little heat on the situation and perhaps they'll start enforcing their own rules again. At least for a week or so.

• 3 years later...

If the pool attendants won't enforce the rules just go to GS and remove your tips for the days this happens. I know this takes tips away from others but eventually the cruise line will get the message, but we must all do this.

• 2 months later...

Good idea.

For the record, this is the official policy from CCL:

"RESERVING SUN LOUNGERS

Carnival Cruise Lines has a system designed to ensure that all guests are able to enjoy equal access to sun loungers by preventing seat saving in outdoor deck areas.

Shipboard team members monitor sun lounge usage and if they observe a seat that contains a towel or personal belongings but appears to be unoccupied, a notification is placed on the chair indicating the current time. If the chair remains unoccupied for 40 minutes, the contents are removed and held for the guest’s safekeeping.

Guests are advised of the system via public address announcements by the cruise director, signage in outdoor deck areas, messages displayed on the Seaside Theater poolside LED screen, as well as notices in ‘Fun Times,’ the daily shipboard newsletter."

So if there are no chairs and chogging, I would request a crew member take action.

Edited by johno1234

Once on the Pride a group of people in the smoking area with the sofas took over a whole section, rearranged furniture and had 4 sofas. They'd send someone up about 6:30 am and put junk there and all day only a few people would be there, sometimes no one. One day I sat down there and a guy came up and told me it was his families area. Oh, where are they? On shore but when they get back it's theirs. People got mad and started absconding the area so they couldn't sit there.