Upgrading drink package?

mt23

I'm so sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before but this is the first cruise we've taken in many years and the only one where we've had a drink package. Our cruise came with the classic package but we were thinking about using our on board credit to upgrade to the premium package once we board. Do you know where on the ship we would go to do that? If it matters, we are on the Celebrity Solstice, leaving August 23rd.

OK thank you! I tried calling Celebrity and they said it would be $10 a day per person and I could do it over the phone, but then I can't use my on board credit. Since we've already booked and paid for excursions and don't plan to use the spa on the ship, I'm not sure I would use the on board credit otherwise so the upgrade sounds like a plan.

I'll try heading to the guest services desk, thank you!!

It is $10 plus 15% gratuity so $11.50

Guest relations and celebrity told me we can only do it on day 1 so do it early and if you upgrade, you both have to upgrade

My husband upgraded on the first day of our Eclipse cruise at guest relations and I didn't.

Hey there, I was on the Equinox and upgraded on the first day at the bar, you do not have to go to guest relations. My traveling companion did not up grade, so you do not have to upgrade both.

Again you can upgrade at any bar and you do not have to do it the first day, you can try the classic package for a few days and if it does not work for you then you can upgrade to for just the remaining days of the cruise. That said you can not upgrade for just one day in the middle, once you upgrade it has to be for the rest of the cruise from that point on.

The only reason to upgrade is if you like finer wines or the molecular bar. With the classic package if you order a wine that cost $8.50 you pay $8.50. If you order one $8 or less it is included. But with the upgraded package if you order a wine $12 or less it is included, but if you order a $13 glass of wine it is $1.

The Molecular Bar was fun and the drinks are all $12 so not covered with the classic package.

And yes it is $11.50 per day and that includes the gratuity.

Have a great trip.

:-)

Guest relations and celebrity told me we can only do it on day 1 so do it early and if you upgrade, you both have to upgrade

You were given bad intel. Both of these are incorrect when on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like most beers aren't included in the classic package either, which was a bummer for DH. He's not a bud light/coors light drinker.

I'm fine with the less expensive wines.

Hey there, I was on the Equinox and upgraded on the first day at the bar, you do not have to go to guest relations. My traveling companion did not up grade, so you do not have to upgrade both.

Again you can upgrade at any bar and you do not have to do it the first day, you can try the classic package for a few days and if it does not work for you then you can upgrade to for just the remaining days of the cruise. That said you can not upgrade for just one day in the middle, once you upgrade it has to be for the rest of the cruise from that point on.

The only reason to upgrade is if you like finer wines or the molecular bar. With the classic package if you order a wine that cost $8.50 you pay $8.50. If you order one $8 or less it is included. But with the upgraded package if you order a wine $12 or less it is included, but if you order a $13 glass of wine it is $1.

The Molecular Bar was fun and the drinks are all $12 so not covered with the classic package.

And yes it is $11.50 per day and that includes the gratuity.

Have a great trip.

:-)

Cruise Critic needs of of those forum features for "like" or "best answer so far" so I could pick yours. I agree with all the points you make.

We also have the classic package and have been debating the upgrade. We only have one "at sea" day which is why we are not sure it is worth it. What do you all think? Is the classic package really that limited?

Thanks!

Some will find the classic package includes everything they might desire. Others will find it lacking in comparison to the premium package and some will find neither package offers what they want since the wine selection is limited and it doesn't include room service.

If you are unsure then I'd suggest waiting until you are on board to make your decision.

OK thank you! I tried calling Celebrity and they said it would be $10 a day per person and I could do it over the phone, but then I can't use my on board credit. Since we've already booked and paid for excursions and don't plan to use the spa on the ship, I'm not sure I would use the on board credit otherwise so the upgrade sounds like a plan.

I'll try heading to the guest services desk, thank you!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't want to upgrade your beverage package, you could use your OBC for gratuities.

Don't worry, they will, lol!

Haha! This made me laugh out loud!! Oh you KNOW they will AND you'll get an earful about when to go, who to sit with, what not to do, what to do, what to wear, the proper way to say thank you, how silly or not silly your question is, "just use the search function", what happened to them 10 years ago.... Sorry, got carried away!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't want to upgrade your beverage package, you could use your OBC for gratuities.

Our gratuities are prepaid, it was a perk we received with our cruise purchase in addition to the drink package.

Archived