Captain's Club Changes?

ezancor

We're just getting ready to make the move from RCCL to X. We are D+ on RCCL and have the Elite Status on X. I hope we get grandfathered to any new Elite + category.

Yes you will be Elite on Celebrity, just call Captain's club to get a number linked to your RCCL number.

There is no Elite+. But there are rumors that are 4 or more years old that some day there might be one. I wouldn't worry about.

We're just getting ready to make the move from RCCL to X. We are D+ on RCCL and have the Elite Status on X. I hope we get grandfathered to any new Elite + category.

The consensus of many opinions is that "Grandfathering" may end, and all grades will be based on actual sea days sailed, along the lines of RCCL. Celebrity may be seeking to reward loyal (sea days) clients, not just those grandfathered. Also possibly to reduce the numbers in the Lounge.

Search CC with 'VIP' in the search box and join the discussions.

The consensus of many opinions is that "Grandfathering" may end, and all grades will be based on actual sea days sailed, along the lines of RCCL. Celebrity may be seeking to reward loyal (sea days) clients, not just those grandfathered. Also possibly to reduce the numbers in the Lounge.

Search CC with 'VIP' in the search box and join the discussions.

If it happens, hopefully my D+ will transition to an E+ on Celebrity

I just wish E++ would equate to D++ on RCL for frequent Celebrity cruisers seeking a new experience.

Arno:

As you know there have been a number of staff moves from X to RCCL and from RCCL to X. Remember the changes when Bayley became President? Bernhardt is the latest to. move from one company to the other. While we don't know any details it might be another sign that the entities are getting closer together. If this is the case it is possible that the Loyalty programs may be merged at least to the extent that the 5 levels on one will match the 5 levels of the other. One thing I fear is that the larger parent company will call all the shots and X could lose its appeal to me.

Arno:

As you know there have been a number of staff moves from X to RCCL and from RCCL to X. Remember the changes when Bayley became President? Bernhardt is the latest to. move from one company to the other. While we don't know any details it might be another sign that the entities are getting closer together. If this is the case it is possible that the Loyalty programs may be merged at least to the extent that the 5 levels on one will match the 5 levels of the other. One thing I fear is that the larger parent company will call all the shots and X could lose its appeal to me.

Perhaps the X loyalty program will even take on the Royal Caribbean names and this would definitely solve the reciprocity issue and the Elite name issue.

Johanne

One thing I fear is that the larger parent company will call all the shots and X could lose its appeal to me.

We were very pleasantly surprised with our RCL Oasis experience in January, every bit as satisfying as our preceding Reflection cruise.

We would have gone again if Celebrity had not offered the beverage package for Reflection.

If RCL reciprocates D+ and Pinnacle to Celebrity cruisers, we would cruise more on RCI rather than Celebrity because of the different ship experience.. especially now that the last great X HD moved from X to RCI.

But there are rumors that are 4 or more years old that some day there might be one. I wouldn't worry about.

I agree with Larry. There have been rumors for at least 5 years to my recall. There have also been rumors about reforming the tax code and also politics in Washington D.C.

Archived