Captain's Club Changes?

ezancor

Hi all - I've been talking to other cruisers and have heard rumors that the credit tiers will be changing in the not so distant future.

Is there any truth to this? We currently have 7 or 8 credits and are basically one cruise away from gaining Elite. That said, I'm feeling pressured to book another cruise just because.. grrrr. :)

Hi all - I've been talking to other cruisers and have heard rumors that the credit tiers will be changing in the not so distant future.

Is there any truth to this? We currently have 7 or 8 credits and are basically one cruise away from gaining Elite. That said, I'm feeling pressured to book another cruise just because.. grrrr. :)

I was at a Elite event and new levels were said to be in the works. Looking back at RCL changes from points to days and adding new levels. They still have a Diamond level and the Diamond lounge is very nice. Looking forward with more levels will move some of the more Celebrity cruisers to another location. Freeing up more space for new Elites. Over all it sounds like a win win. Richard

Feel the excitement vs pressure!! :)

To ensure status level, I think you would have to have attained that level, not just booked a cruise, so.......you would have to have booked and sailed.

On the other hand, I am not sure they would raise the bar, just create higher bars/levels. They could though convert to days at sea similar to Royal Caribbean and that might create a slight issue based on how they did the conversion. For example they could say Elite is now X days, take your credits of 8 for example and times 7 for 56 credits. But make Elite 75 sailing days.

For sure Captains Club is going to evolve and change as the success of the program, which is what they wanted, is going to require some adjustments to the program. I just hope they make it better for all the loyal passengers who did sail with Celebrity again and again because of the loyalty program to not move the carrot too far out of reach.

OMG - I am sorry, but I am SO TIRED of this subject. It will happen when it happens. Here is an entire recent current thread about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880171

So true, we have actually been hearing of changes for a couple of years, I don't believe anything until I see a press release.

Best advice to everyone right now is to print out a copy of their cruise history on My Celebrity.

I like speculation and discussing the possibilities. I would assume others do too. It is to me, just like talking and discussing on a specific sailing thread:

What are you going to do first?

Anyone know if you can prebook /prepay / pre....?

MY question is if you are not interested or have read and now have Captains Club changes overload, WHY would you even click on the thread and then moreover take the time to comment on something that you are overloaded on????

I guess we can only assume that since you are sufficiently discussed out, that others are not afforded the opportunity to enjoy themselves.

I apologize for the above quick rant, but just saying....

MY question is if you are not interested or have read and now have Captains Club changes overload, WHY would you even click on the thread and then moreover take the time to comment on something that you are overloaded on????

Amen. If you don't like a subject, don't click on it. Maybe it is for post count!

I personally wish they would go to days sailed and get rid of all extra points (in the past and going forward); that would make it fair to everyone. Even though I would lose some concierge class points, that would be okay with me. They could offer specials during the slow season, to entice passengers to book with extra points at that time.

I like speculation and discussing the possibilities. I would assume others do too. It is to me, just like talking and discussing on a specific sailing thread:

What are you going to do first?

Anyone know if you can prebook /prepay / pre....?

I guess we can only assume that since you are sufficiently discussed out, that others are not afforded the opportunity to enjoy themselves.

I apologize for the above quick rant, but just saying....

Correct. This is what the board is for.

Amen. If you don't like a subject, don't click on it. Maybe it is for post count!

I personally wish they would go to days sailed and get rid of all extra points (in the past and going forward); that would make it fair to everyone. Even though I would lose some concierge class points, that would be okay with me. They could offer specials during the slow season, to entice passengers to book with extra points at that time.

AMEN as well. Sorry but it seems some people just have to comment. :confused:

I hope they somehow grandfather people in, if and when a change occurs and some are impacted by the changes in a negative way. I know myself personally I'll be only at 5 credits after my October cruise (yay finally leveling up! lol) and then after my May sailing, at 8 credits...so I'm hoping like crazy that they dont change it too soon, as I'm really trying my best to become elite, but my job wants me to like, actually come to work all the time! LOL!

Oh and just to throw in some food for thought...

It would be interesting to me if they did go to a days sailed type thing. I'd like to see them actually make RCL/X/Azamara one big bucket in terms of sailing days, and then people that go between the lines, could maybe achieve status a little faster.

Of course I know that's not their goal, to get us all to high status to give us more, but a girl can dream!

I agree a new tier is around the corner. Personally I like the vouchers much better than going to the Elite happy hour and would like the new tier level to show up years from now.

I am a four time cruiser on Celebrity, taking my first one, in June of 1999. (Ha, remember the 1900's??)[/b]

Prior to about 2002 Celebrity did not give extra credit for the length of the cruise nor the type of stateroom.

A suite in 1999 on a two week cruise earned 1 point..

Oh and just to throw in some food for thought...

It would be interesting to me if they did go to a days sailed type thing. I'd like to see them actually make RCL/X/Azamara one big bucket in terms of sailing days, and then people that go between the lines, could maybe achieve status a little faster.

Of course I know that's not their goal, to get us all to high status to give us more, but a girl can dream!

This would be my #1 request as well. I'd get to Elite on Celebrity, something which I am not going to do until at least one more cruise after the one I have next week. Right now, I'm at Gold on Royal and Select on Celebrity, even without reciprocity.

When Royal went to days instead of cruises, they fudged the formula in a way such that almost no one got an upgrade as a result. I ended up one point short of Gold.

I like the point system even though I have to take a few more cruises to reach the next level over the next few years to reach Diamond +. Plenty of years to go.

We did take advantage of Diamonds in December on Royal and did get some double points, so I am sure that in future too there will be promotions.

I too like the idea of vouchers for drinks. We being good promoters of Celebrity travel with new cruisers and have missed/skipped the evening Captains Club cocktail event to be with our traveling partners who are now allowed in. :)

The last major change to the Captain's club was in 2009. At that time Celebrity's president said that there would additional changes to the program that year - see the 13th paragraph of the 2009 press release at:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/celebrity-cruises-launches-new-captains-club-members-are-center-of-attention-62148287.html

Ever since then there has been lots of stories and threads about changes about to be announced. It's not unusual to see a discussion thread here on Cruise Critic about this every few months or so. Most of these come from seasoned passengers who got the "breaking news" from an officer or Captain's Club host on board a recent cruise.

I'm not saying that there won't be changes coming soon, but I'm not holding my breath!

The last major change to the Captain's club was in 2009. At that time Celebrity's president said that there would additional changes to the program that year - see the 13th paragraph of the 2009 press release at:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/celebrity-cruises-launches-new-captains-club-members-are-center-of-attention-62148287.html

Ever since then there has been lots of stories and threads about changes about to be announced. It's not unusual to see a discussion thread here on Cruise Critic about this every few months or so. Most of these come from seasoned passengers who got the "breaking news" from an officer or Captain's Club host on board a recent cruise.

I'm not saying that there won't be changes coming soon, but I'm not holding my breath!

For sure I am not holding my breath nor booking a cruise in anticipation of changes. :)

I will say though that from my discussions with people on Royal sailings we have done the last couple of years, they like the points in general, but as with all programs, you can't please everyone. We met one couple who liked the points system and wanted to reach the higher tier, which is 750 days as I recall, they sailed for the whole month of December in 2011 and 2102 to take advantage of the Diamonds in December double point promotion.

Nice to be able to do that! I would like to try a month sometime. My DW not so much. :rolleyes:

There seems to be a lot of discussion going on about changes to the Captains Club Benefit levels ,yet there is nothing in Cruise Critic News except that there is some sort of trial testing going on with Infiniti:confused:

Seems to us that there is a lot of noise being made long before Celebrity announces any changes or simply put ,speculation :rolleyes:.

In our opinion it is best to not cast out negatives prior to any official Celebrity announcement;)

What is your opinion of letting this issue rest?

There seems to be a lot of discussion going on about changes to the Captains Club Benefit levels ,yet there is nothing in Cruise Critic News except that there is some sort of trial testing going on with Infiniti:confused:

Seems to us that there is a lot of noise being made long before Celebrity announces any changes or simply put ,speculation :rolleyes:.

In our opinion it is best to not cast out negatives prior to any official Celebrity announcement;)

Letting it rest? On the Celebrity Board on Cruise Critic?:D

You must know that speculation and rumors are part of what makes

a message board a message board.....;)

So you wish to let the issue rest by starting a brand new thread so that we can rehash all the posts of the last three years..?

:rolleyes:

So you wish to let the issue rest by starting a brand new thread so that we can rehash all the posts of the last three years..?

:rolleyes:

Hi Cruisenut,

Not sure why there was a need for yet another thread, so I merged it with the most recent thread.

Archived