What Updates Will They Do on Oasis?

I couldn't find this with the search, so I am posting a new thread. We will be on the Oasis after the 2014 Dry Dock. What updates can we expect to find on her? We have been on the Allure, but not the Oasis. We liked the Hog Dog stand on Allure, so I'm hoping it will be added to the Oasis. Any changes that we know for sure?

I couldn't find this with the search, so I am posting a new thread. We will be on the Oasis after the 2014 Dry Dock. What updates can we expect to find on her? We have been on the Allure, but not the Oasis. We liked the Hog Dog stand on Allure, so I'm hoping it will be added to the Oasis. Any changes that we know for sure?

Maybe I missed it, but I cannot recall any announcements by Royal with details of any changes to Oasis.

You never know! (it certainly wouldn't take much to flip the doughnut shoppe into a hot dog stand. Lord knows those doughnuts are FEH!

Yes you got that right. Even supermarket donuts are better.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Maybe I missed it, but I cannot recall any announcements by Royal with details of any changes to Oasis.

I haven't seen any either and at this time, I have to believe that this drydock will be a routine one with scheduled maintenance and the usual replacement of carpeting, furniture and other things that need to be repaired or replaced. It is possible, but probably unlikely, that they will make any major changes to the various featured venues on the ship. If that should be the case, I expect that we will read of those changes before the ship sails for Europe.:) There should be no need for any extensive work or changes at this time in the life of the Oasis.

Probably none. Nothing has been announced by Royal Caribbean. This will be the first maintenance dry dock for the Oasis since she was built. Royal tries to dry dock their ships every 5 years for basic maintenance and hull cleaning.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have to wait and see.

Can't do much in 2 weeks on a ship that size.:D

Actually, 2 weeks is a pretty long dry dock by industry standards. Seeing as it's still more than a year away, I wouldn't expect to hear of any substantive changes (if any) any time soon. Much like revealing details of a yet-to-be-completed ship, why tip their hand to the market too soon?

Some things I might expect:

Addition of Samba Grill to Solarium for dinner

Dog House

Possibly changing out the Coach Store (pure speculation, but an easy switch and maybe time for a change)

Possible change from Seafood Shack to Rita's Cantina

I won't even tell what a restaurant manager on board suggested to me last week. It's all rumor and hearsay anyway. :eek:

Let's just hope there is no dog house planned. I found that one pretty low quality and horrible on Radiance.

Someone said they hope for cupcakes? They already have a cupcake cupboard.

Look for changes to Central Park. Tropical plants aren't grown for survival in European climates outdoors. Although CP is in constant change anyway. It was a whole lot different last week than it was in May.

Gina

Actually, 2 weeks is a pretty long dry dock by industry standards. Seeing as it's still more than a year away, I wouldn't expect to hear of any substantive changes (if any) any time soon. Much like revealing details of a yet-to-be-completed ship, why tip their hand to the market too soon?

Some things I might expect:

Addition of Samba Grill to Solarium for dinner

Dog House

Possibly changing out the Coach Store (pure speculation, but an easy switch and maybe time for a change)

Possible change from Seafood Shack to Rita's Cantina

I love, love love the Seafood shack. Their soup and their crab legs are excellent. I sure hope they don't change that. But they could switch out some of that fried food and have more grilled, blackened and sauteed fish.

Rita's Cantina is like Taco Bell on steroids!

I love, love love the Seafood shack. Their soup and their crab legs are excellent. I sure hope they don't change that. But they could switch out some of that fried food and have more grilled, blackened and sauteed fish.

Rita's Cantina is like Taco Bell on steroids!

I agree about Rita's. I found it very disappointing. But it seems based on comments here, that more people prefer that over the Seafood Shack.

As for the Seafood Shack, they do fried food because that's the easiest way to serve mediocre frozen seafood and not have it be terrible. grilled and blackened frozen fish doesn't quite cut it. Also, it involve a little more effort to cook than simply "dropping the basket".

I won't even tell what a restaurant manager on board suggested to me last week. It's all rumor and hearsay anyway. :eek:

What's the point of even making a comment like this? Either offer it up, or keep it to yourself. Are we supposed to be somewhat impressed that you supposedly know a "rumor"??:confused:

What's the point of even making a comment like this? Either offer it up, or keep it to yourself. Are we supposed to be somewhat impressed that you supposedly know a "rumor"??:confused:

LOL :rolleyes:

Point is...around here when people say what they heard, they get flamed. If they don't like the message, they shoot the messenger.

Not to mention, I didn't think the guy could have possibly been correct. Now if an officer had said it, I'd be more likely to believe it. So basically think there MIGHT be one big change and it could be a surprise - loved or hated. Or maybe it won't happen anyway. Think of it like Christmas....you don't know what it is until it's revealed. You should find a possible change to be exciting without having it totally revealed. Then again, it could be nothing.

Gina

Okay, maybe we can take this thread in a slightly different direction. Since there isn't much information out there about what they are planning to do, answer this:

What Changes would you LIKE to see on Oasis at or after Drydock?

I for one, would LIKE to see Samba Grill

Archived