BREAKING NEWS?: Carnival Victory Major Upgrades

The Title of the thread is "Breaking News?:...." Please make note of the question mark. I realize that the information has not been released by Carnival, which is why I state so in every thread that I begin, hence this one. Lastly, if I were to provide a source, I am fairly certain my source would be permanently abolished from ________, something that I would not want happen. If you want to participate on my thread, I ask you to participate with thoughts, ideas, which successfully move the conversion in a forward direction. If not, it is very simple to move on to the next thread. Your decision. God Bless

I don't consider you trustworthy, the main reason being that I feel you are betraying a confidence given to you by your 'source'. You must feel the need to be superior and have your ego stroked by running to forums such as this one to broadcast "your" breaking news.

I'll believe your postings when it is officially announced by Carnival. Most know that even some things that are announced by Carnival sometimes get changed or don't happen.

We all have the right to participate in your thread. This is a public forum, not owned by you. Your original post didn't ask us for our thoughts or ideas, maybe if you had this thread would be more to your liking.

I am sorry if I come across that way, I really am not that type of person

I always look forward to your post, and love reading them. I don't see what the big deal is if you refuse to name your source. If you're wrong about something, I don't get my trousers in a knot and critique. I just say 'o well' and move on. Not a big deal for me.

I always look forward to your post, and love reading them. I don't see what the big deal is if you refuse to name your source. If you're wrong about something, I don't get my trousers in a knot and critique. I just say 'o well' and move on. Not a big deal for me.

Thank you There ARE some good people left in this world

Breaking News: Carnival Victory will receive 2.2 upgrades during an extensive dry dock from September to November 2014! Yes, I said 2.2 upgrades!!!! Carnival will call it 2.2!!! This will include 2.0 upgrades, additional specialty restaurants, and likely more!

There is still no word on the Freedom's dry dock, but one can expect something major.

Wooooohoooooo :)

If this is true it would be nice if they took these sailings off the website so they were not able to be booked.

edit: I remember a previous poster (RyG) that said that Go CCL had the dry dock listed from 9/25/14 trhu 11/6/14 with no details confirmed at this point. And these dates are not "bookable". So really isn't this old news and not breaking news? Don't mean to sound harsh and it is exciting :D

If this is true it would be nice if they took these sailings off the website so they were not able to be booked.

edit: I remember a previous poster (RyG) that said that Go CCL had the dry dock listed from 9/25/14 trhu 11/6/14 with no details confirmed at this point. And these dates are not "bookable". So really isn't this old news and not breaking news? Don't mean to sound harsh and it is exciting :D

Kind of. I was the first person to report this, a little under a month ago, before RyG. ( sorry if that sentence sounds conceited) . the breaking news would actually be about the 2.2 upgrades, which have not been reported here, not the dry dock dates

Kind of. I was the first person to report this, a little under a month ago, before RyG. ( sorry if that sentence sounds conceited) . the breaking news would actually be about the 2.2 upgrades, which have not been reported here, not the dry dock dates

I see...for a 6 week dry dock I would expect it to be something good. Guess I did not see your posting or maybe it was under the "Freedom" breaking news.

We have the Victory booked for this December sure would have liked to sail after the updates. I am looking forward to the updates as things are getting a little boring to me.

We booked the Breeze for January for this very reason.

Now if they would change up the ports we would be all set. :D :D

It seems to me that there is thread upon thread speculating this and that. Why is this any different?

I think what puts people off is the OP's favorite lines: "I reported this first" or "You heard it here first." I've never seen any other poster carry on like that. I feel like I'm watching an intro on the six o'clock news.

And is this is owed to you why?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

He provided a link to his inbox, inaccessible to anybody, on a thread about the Carnival Freedom being renamed to Carnival Splash. His recent post made it seem as if he was unsure how to do it. I provided a suggestion on how to share his information. This isn't owed, obviously, nor do I care. I don't have any plans to sail with Carnival Cruise Lines anytime in the near future.

I dobt see attacks. I see the souce of information Being questioined. Nd obvious plagerizm.

Who cares, ....really????

People have a right to post things that they have heard.

And if they want to give credit to their source, fine.

And if not,....that's ok also.

My gosh, its getting to the point of CC not being an enjoyable

place to read posts and comments.

It's as if every post and comment is met with a "challenge", doubt,

and criticism.

:rolleyes:

and criticism.

Amen! Though now those same 4 or 5 who do this on every carnival thread will probably challenge you now. Lol

and criticism.

Umm... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1551717

So, its not how you play the game.. just make damn sure you win? Don't we teach our children that bragging about being 'first' isn't polite?

"What difference does it make??" So what if he is first, so what if he is right.... there is nothing wrong with that. Why is it that people want to jump on CB for giving helpful info?? I am sure he doesnt post just to be "first". he is simply trying to give people info. His replys about things are his way of defending himself against attacks by people who jump in and question him. There is nothing wrong with someone who has info to give it. I actually enjoy finding out things ahead of time....

CB.. thank you for the info... I saw the ? and understand exactly what you meant by that... its really not that tough to figure out people :rolleyes:

I understood that completely... not sure why some people just can't grasp what part was "breaking'?"

"What difference does it make??" So what if he is first, so what if he is right.... there is nothing wrong with that.

Because he wasn't the first. It was "reported" August 7th.

And it wasn't breaking. And it wasn't news. And until it's official, it's heresay. And being it was a cut and paste just floored me.

Even the stuff John Heald puts out is sometimes wrong, until he puts out the official company statement. And John Heald gets the same flack and he's an employee!

Because he wasn't the first. It was "reported" August 7th.

And it wasn't breaking. And it wasn't news. And until it's official, it's heresay. And being it was a cut and paste just floored me.

Even the stuff John Heald puts out is sometimes wrong, until he puts out the official company statement. And John Heald gets the same flack and he's an employee!

Well...JH sources aren't always right either (and it's Carnival!).

who cares, ....really????

My gosh, its getting to the point of cc not being an enjoyable

and criticism.

like!!

Archived