Street Maps

ade1982

Hi all,

We are booked to go on a cruise in Sept. I am looking for street maps that I can print for the following places (or all of them!), preferably for free. I have a laser printer that can go up to A3.

Cartagena (Spain), Gibraltar, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Cadiz, Vigo, Lisbon

TIA!

Googlemaps/satellite will do the job perfectly well until you arrive, when there's usually no problem picking up free leaflets/maps. Hop-on bus route maps are ideal (some are on the internet) cos you can figure which parts of a city are worth visiting. Here's an example

http://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com/imgfiles/ecv/bbt/planol_BBT_2013.pdf

The exception is Gib because apart from the area around the cruise terminal / harbour / Main Street / airport (all very flat), maps are mis-leading due to the steep hillside. eg what appears to be two adjacent & parallel roads can actually be one a hundred feet or more above the other, & no access between unless your name is Chris Bonnington. ;)

JB :)

Hi all,

We are booked to go on a cruise in Sept. I am looking for street maps that I can print for the following places (or all of them!), preferably for free. I have a laser printer that can go up to A3.

Cartagena (Spain), Gibraltar, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Cadiz, Vigo, Lisbon

TIA!

Buy the maps. If you spend $10 per map and the cruise is costing say $6000 for the 2 of you, the map costs are 1.17% of the total trip cost.

DON

And this would be the first map I wouldn't use. It will highlight who has paid to be listed there.

Maybe however tourist info offices always marked also the main attractions in the area. We also took our own guide books but the ships map was also very good. Use the port info here on CC as well there are lots of hints.

On our last cruise we were given maps of all the ports we went to. They were printed in the port information leaflet.

The free maps you get from the ships are worse than useless as they are not to scale and inaccurate. In inaccurate map is much worse than no map at all.

One other possible solution. If you have a tablet, there are lots of aps out there that let you download some very good maps that are available for off line use. That said, I still prefer good paper maps.

DON

Archived