Next Cruise Certificate

Can a next cruise certificate be transferred to someone else?

I already have used one to book my room, but have family that wants to come along. Can I book their room with another certificate even though I am not in their room and already have used one on that cruise?

When you get a NCC you get the information that the certificate can be used for a friends & family cruise reservation as well... (I have one and am looking at the information). The Friends & Family information says that you can apply the same NCC to a second reservation made on the same ship for a friend or family and they will get the Onboard Credit (based on the number of nights of the cruise) that you get... you shouldn't have to use a second certificate for a friend or family going on the same cruise unless it has been longer than 30 days since you booked.

In the case where you cannot apply your same NCC to their reservation and you want to use another one that you may have toward their reservation then it looks like the answer is no... they say non-transferable in the terms and conditions. It does say that they MAY allow it, but cancellation charges may apply if the at least one name on the NCC is not the same as who booked it. Once you pay 'cancellation charges' I would think that it wouldn't make sense, but you may want to call if you have to go that route.

When you get a NCC you get the information that the certificate can be used for a friends & family cruise reservation as well... (I have one and am looking at the information). The Friends & Family information says that you can apply the same NCC to a second reservation made on the same ship for a friend or family and they will get the Onboard Credit (based on the number of nights of the cruise) that you get... you shouldn't have to use a second certificate for a friend or family going on the same cruise unless it has been longer than 30 days since you booked.

In the case where you cannot apply your same NCC to their reservation and you want to use another one that you may have toward their reservation then it looks like the answer is no... they say non-transferable in the terms and conditions. It does say that they MAY allow it, but cancellation charges may apply if the at least one name on the NCC is not the same as who booked it. Once you pay 'cancellation charges' I would think that it wouldn't make sense, but you may want to call if you have to go that route.

Thank you! It has been more than 30 days, so it seems like it's not going to be an option.

No more family & friends...the NCC's can now be transfered once to anyone at anytime (so it's not too late for you to use another NCC you may have) for any cruise...I believe this change went into effect early this year (March ?) We bought 4 NCC's on our May cruise (and have used all four of them for our Alaska May 2014 family cruise).. hope my understanding is correct...if not someone will correct me.:)

You are correct. A NCC can be purchased by you and transferred to someone else.

You can also get ALL of their information: names, DOB, address, credit card number, and book it for them in THEIR names. Just did this on a Celebrity ship for a friend.

No more family & friends...the NCC's can now be transfered once to anyone at anytime (so it's not too late for you to use another NCC you may have) for any cruise...I believe this change went into effect early this year (March ?) We bought 4 NCC's on our May cruise (and have used all four of them for our Alaska May 2014 family cruise).. hope my understanding is correct...if not someone will correct me.:)

I was told that you could only purchase a maximum of three NCC's. Is there a limit?

Thanks

You were told correctly.

However, if you are traveling with a spouse, you can EACH buy 3 in your own name.

Right...DH and I each bought 2...and since we used them all we'll buy the allotted 3 pp when onboard in Oct. ;)

Hi we are sailing on Sunday on Adventure of the Sea and are considering purchasing NCC can anyone tell me how long they are valid for. P&O have to be used within 1 year and the sailing must be completed within 2 years but I am sure I read somewhere that with Royal you have longer to decide. Many thanks.

Hi we are sailing on Sunday on Adventure of the Sea and are considering purchasing NCC can anyone tell me how long they are valid for. P&O have to be used within 1 year and the sailing must be completed within 2 years but I am sure I read somewhere that with Royal you have longer to decide. Many thanks.

No expiration.

I didn't know that they made that change - bad me... I was just reading from the NCC that I have here from my November 2012 cruise. I will have to remember this going forward. Thanks for the information.

Herilrasscrc;39629467]When was the NCC purchased? If it was before the change it still has the family and friends certificate. We used one in June that we purchased Mar. 1

I went back and read my NCC, and found it is transferable (bought in May). I am embarrassed to say, I didn't notice the 2ND page of the Email :o. Maybe this time I can get my sister to buy her own :rolleyes:.

So do you have to be on the sailing to transfer it or can you give it to someone even if you are not on the same sailing?

No...you can transfer it to anyone (once) you don't have to be sailing with them...one advantage to the new NCC's.

Can it be used on Celebrity

No. Celebrity has it's own certificate. I think it is called Passages or something. You can purchase one on Royal Caribbean, but they are not transferable between cruise lines.

Archived