Is There a Way to Filter a CC poster?

Kellie Poodle

Sorry to use up space but just spent 45 minutes with the search feature and got nowhere. There is an individual on one of my roll call boards whose postings I find offensive. I don't want to leave the roll call and though I try to avoid reading them, the posts are so huge and the graphics are so enormous that I can't avoid them, try as I do.

Is there a way to filter an individual screen name so that you never see their posts?

I don't want to filter everyone else's graphics, just this individuals.

Sorry to use up space but just spent 45 minutes with the search feature and got nowhere. There is an individual on one of my roll call boards whose postings I find offensive. I don't want to leave the roll call and though I try to avoid reading them, the posts are so huge and the graphics are so enormous that I can't avoid them, try as I do.

Is there a way to filter an individual screen name so that you never see their posts?

Hi Kellie,

Please use this link : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist , which will allow you to ignore a member. If you need further assistance, please email me. Thanks !

You aroused my curiousity. I don't think what the individual is doing is even within the guidelines of these boards. You really should use the red triangle in the upper right corner of one of the posts and let the moderators take a look.

You aroused my curiousity. I don't think what the individual is doing is even within the guidelines of these boards. You really should use the red triangle in the upper right corner of one of the posts and let the moderators take a look.

Yes, if there are postings that are offensive then report the issue and let the moderators decide.

Yes, if there are postings that are offensive then report the issue and let the moderators decide.

I think they might be more personally offensive. The poster emailed me a horrid letter and I've been sensitive ever since. The filtering tool is sufficient.

I think they might be more personally offensive. The poster emailed me a horrid letter and I've been sensitive ever since. The filtering tool is sufficient.

Hi Kellie,

IMO, I hope you let us know about that. Please feel free to email me, or community@cruisecritic.com if you wish. Thanks !

Also, don't forget you can change your settings to not see "signature" and also to show how may posts per page.

Some people have very lengthy signatures and if you remove them it really makes going through the posts easier.

And having the number of posts per page set to maximum is a great way to review.

Also, don't forget you can change your settings to not see "signature" and also to show how may posts per page.

Some people have very lengthy signatures and if you remove them it really makes going through the posts easier.

And having the number of posts per page set to maximum is a great way to review.

Thank you for the information.

Problem is ... I actually want to see the signatures from some because I'll know when they are sailing next ... BUT others make their signatures so long and big. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Problem is ... I actually want to see the signatures from some because I'll know when they are sailing next ... BUT others make their signatures so long and big. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

I only have a signature block for certain posts (when it is appropriate) for most posts it is not.:D

I will think about it, Host Andy. And thank you, once again, for coming through for me. You are my favorite administrator on all the boards. :)

Awww, thank you :) . If you need me for anything, I will always try to help you (and all of our members) in any way possible.

I've shut off signatures as well.

Some posters are so inefficient in posting their past and future cruises.

Loading of threads is now so much quicker.

Blocking certain posters is so conducive to lowering my blood pressure.

(I'm sure that is reciprocal). ;)

I turned off the signature line over a year ago.

I am more interested in peoples posts then in their "body art"

I also turned them off years ago. A thread is so much easier to read without all the show-off clutter at the bottom of posts. I especially dislike those *$^*&@ animated gifs some people insist on adding to their signatures. Talk about annoying! Before I figured out how to kill the signatures, I would cringe whenever those animations came into view. Frankly, I couldn't care less how many cruises someone has been on, and how many more they have booked. It's just a form of bragging.

I also turned them off years ago. A thread is so much easier to read without all the show-off clutter at the bottom of posts. I especially dislike those *$^*&@ animated gifs some people insist on adding to their signatures. Talk about annoying! Before I figured out how to kill the signatures, I would cringe whenever those animations came into view. Frankly, I couldn't care less how many cruises someone has been on, and how many more they have booked. It's just a form of bragging.

I know what you mean, the gifs do nothing but sometimes their crusie history does give credence to their experience when they post:D

Well this thread is a pleasure to read - with no clutter at the bottom of the posts!:)

Totally agree about the huge signatures (especially when the actual post is only a couple of lines) and those irritating little mottos on their philosophy of life - what is all that about?:eek: I do use the smilies though and some other posters probably find them equally annoying!:D

Well this thread is a pleasure to read - with no clutter at the bottom of the posts!:)

Totally agree about the huge signatures (especially when the actual post is only a couple of lines) and those irritating little mottos on their philosophy of life - what is all that about?:eek: I do use the smilies though and some other posters probably find them equally annoying!:D

Agree about some of the long signatures, but at times they provide interesting commentary. I do have a little motto: Proof of Desire is Pursuit and The Best things in life aren't things, but you won't be able to read them. :)

Agree about some of the long signatures, but at times they provide interesting commentary. I do have a little motto: Proof of Desire is Pursuit and The Best things in life aren't things, but you won't be able to read them. :)

Now that's exactly what I mean. To you, "proof of desire is pursuit" is a good philosophy of life; to me, it makes you sound like a stalker!!:eek: - which of course you are not. :)

Archived