Repositioning Cruise price drop

msnat

Does anyone know if the Celebrity repositioning cruise in April from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon and on to Amsterdam has price reductions leading up to the sail date? (The one Im interested in is the Celebrity Constellation) and if so what it typically goes out at? I'm looking for a balcony cabin. Ive seen other repositioning cruises in the U.S that end up at huge reductions within a few weeks of sailing so wondering if this cruise also does this. Thanks.

Quite possible. If you want a particular cabin (you would want a starboard balcony for this cruise) you should book when the price is comfortable for you. Any price drops before final payment can drop your final payment, or you can upgrade if another category becomes desirable (such as Aqua or Concierge). You just have to make sure prices are not for new bookings only. In some cases, if you are before final payment, you can cancel and rebook at the new fare. EM

The really great deals will sometimes happen right after the final payments are due. But there is no guarantee as the pricing is simply based on supply and demand. You might also watch for specials that include air...since getting one way air to or from Europe can be a problem with many airlines.

Hank

Does anyone know if the Celebrity repositioning cruise in April from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon and on to Amsterdam has price reductions leading up to the sail date? (The one Im interested in is the Celebrity Constellation) and if so what it typically goes out at? I'm looking for a balcony cabin. Ive seen other repositioning cruises in the U.S that end up at huge reductions within a few weeks of sailing so wondering if this cruise also does this. Thanks.

I've only booked west-bound TAs but I have looked almost every week (just out of curiosity) at the Tuesday Exciting Deals . I vaguely remember seeing discounted Spring TAs.

The deals are always published after the final payment date (~75 days prior to departure) so you have to be willing to "roll the dice" and hope your cruise is on offer.

We've gone on 3 Spring TA's that were all vastly discounted. We booked each one probably two or so months out--I think all after final payment.

However, that is not to guarantee that the cruise you want will be discounted that much, or at all. It depends on a lot of factors. So if you absolutely want that cruise and that cruise only, then you should book when you think there is a good price.

Often you can get price reductions up until (and once in a while after) the final payment date.

Transatlantics tend to be some of the best deals around, but it does pay to be flexible and patient.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

It all depends on how well the cruise is selling. And no one can predict that.

If there is a particular cabin category that you are interested in -- book it. Then keep track of the prices and if you see a drop in the price -- have your TA get you the cheaper price.

Ask questions on the Celebrity board here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

We just saved over $1000 on our TA for next April when Princess reduced the prices.

There were two price drops we were able to take advantage of within a few days of each other. I will admit that we were surprised that the prices were reduced so far out but that just goes to prove that they can happen at any time. You just have to keep checking. Also another great source of price drop info can come from being on a roll call.

Archived