NCL Latitudes members

geogran

Will be cruising for 2nd time on NCL next week on Pearl to Alaska.

I noticed on the NCL website there is a 'members only cocktail party'.

Does anyone know when and where the NCL member only cocktail party is held - and is it for all previous Latitudes members or just a certain level?

Also, on the Pearl, where is the Sky High Bar & Grill?

Is 'Latitudes' boarding a priority boarding or just a separate line??

Sincere thanks!

Latitudes perks are dependent on level. Being a member gives you a separate check-in line that may or may not be faster. You have to be higher levels to get early boarding, and I think the reception. Epic and Breakaway don't even have a reception - no place big enough to hold it

The Sky High Bar is on deck 13 above the pools - it is behind the Spinnaker lounge.

I was on the Pearl last year and I went to only one cocktail party - the one for the suites- there was a second one for the Latitudes members.

The Suites party was held early Mon evening - we had to leave early because of our reservations at LaCucina for 6:00. I think that the Latitudes party was later that night in the same place.

If you qualify you will have an invitation delivered to your room the day before. They try to do things on Mon and Thurs PM as they are primarily sea days - the other days you are in ports.

The lines at Bell Cruise Terminal are not that bad - the Pearl is the only ship leaving from this dock. As you arrive - you can either let the redcaps take your luggage (less carry-on) - or check it in at the NCL desk. The entrance to the terminal is to your left - you will go through security on the main floor - then go up the escalators to the check-in area - this is where the Latitudes line will be - although sometimes it may be the longest one :D. Once checked in and your onboard account started, picture taken, and room cards issued you will be assigned to a boarding group - when your group number is called you will be taken aboard the Pearl. Be sure to ask which MDR is serving lunch - it will be less crowded than the buffets.

Enjoy your cruise.

You should do this for a living....your answers were spot on and easy to understand....

Re boarding - you read my mind... thanks for the really helpful boarding directions - and the suggestion about the MDR for lunch - now I have one less thing to stew about....lol.

We are really excited about our Alaskan cruise - rain or shine; cold or moderate - we are THERE!

On Monday they will hold the general latitudes party at 1pm in the Spinnaker lounge. This is open to all latitudes members, bronze thru platinum. Then on Thursday they will hold the second latitudes party. This is only for silver members and above. It is at 6pm also in the Spinnaker lounge, deck 13, forward.

The first Latitudes party, open to all latitudes members, is just a fun gathering, usually about an hour. Drinks (wine and rum punch) and light snacks are served, the ships officers introduce themselves and the Capt might say a few words. Then the CD takes over and talks about available offers from NCL and holds a drawing for a bunch of small prizes. It's no big deal but is a fun thing to do.

Pro tip: it is an open bar and you can order anything you want. Faster and easier to ask the bartender directly but you can also order with the waiter.

Good to know. Should I tip him?

:P

Edited by sjbdtz

Thanks to all for the helpful latitudes information. As a 2nd time cruiser/bronze member I hope we get the invite for the Monday session at Spinnaker! It appears NCL makes an effort to keep repeat cruisers connected and a fun way to meet staff and other fellow cruisers. We are also looking forward to the Meet & Greet a fellow CC cruiser set up. This cruising thing is more fun than DH and I ever thought it would be. Who knows, some day we may upgrade to a suite-something to look forward to-but for now we are happy to be in a mini-suite!

Thanks to all for the helpful latitudes information. As a 2nd time cruiser/bronze member I hope we get the invite for the Monday session at Spinnaker! It appears NCL makes an effort to keep repeat cruisers connected and a fun way to meet staff and other fellow cruisers. We are also looking forward to the Meet & Greet a fellow CC cruiser set up. This cruising thing is more fun than DH and I ever thought it would be. Who knows, some day we may upgrade to a suite-something to look forward to-but for now we are happy to be in a mini-suite!

I see you are an Alaskan Pearl cruise next. That was our first and probably still our favorite. Beautiful scenery and wonderful ship and crew. Like the Jade, the Pearl also has the Great Outdoors and Spinnaker Lounge, both of which we really like on a ship. You're right about cruising being way tooo much fun. That first cruise addicted us. We've done numerous since and have three more booked. Be sure and buy some Future Cruise Credits while on board this time...if you think you will be sailing NCL again. Oh...might add. Mini suites are just perfect for the two of us. We've booked suites twice and then canceled both times. Just couldn't figure out what we would really do with more than we had with the minis.

Edited by roger001

Lucky you Roger to have three more cruises booked!! I'm just amazed at how many cruises folks take - some multiple cruises in the same year! Guess it's a real testament to the affordability and enjoyment factors. It took many years to convince DH to take our first cruise to the Mediterranean but it was so awesome he was easily hooked after it. We would cruise more often but are so wrapped up in our two young grandsons that is is hard to tear ourselves away - and so we are now doing the Disneyworld thing with them.

Thanks for the good advice about booking the next cruise while on board this one - had heard it has many benefits like OBC - so will look into it now that we are retired. Also, we seem to have the same mindset regarding suites - while it seems like something we might do in the future -it's a little out of our comfort zone at the time and we'll have to ease into the luxury of a suite and all it entails - butler/concierge etc....afraid we could get addicted to that!!

Happy sailing on all your future cruises!

Lucky you Roger to have three more cruises booked!! I'm just amazed at how many cruises folks take - some multiple cruises in the same year! Guess it's a real testament to the affordability and enjoyment factors. It took many years to convince DH to take our first cruise to the Mediterranean but it was so awesome he was easily hooked after it. We would cruise more often but are so wrapped up in our two young grandsons that is is hard to tear ourselves away - and so we are now doing the Disneyworld thing with them.

Thanks for the good advice about booking the next cruise while on board this one - had heard it has many benefits like OBC - so will look into it now that we are retired. Also, we seem to have the same mindset regarding suites - while it seems like something we might do in the future -it's a little out of our comfort zone at the time and we'll have to ease into the luxury of a suite and all it entails - butler/concierge etc....afraid we could get addicted to that!!

Happy sailing on all your future cruises!

That might be my fear of the suites...addiction. I might have mislead you about on board booking. You can't actually book a cruise while on the ship (unless you use internet and do it yourself through the NCL web site). What I was referring to is purchasing Future Cruise Certificates while on board. Your account is charged $250, but you immediately get $100 back to your account as on board credit which you can use on your present cruise. Then, the $250 certificate can be used anytime in the next four years as deposit in full up through the smaller suites, and will give you a full $250 down payment for that next cruise. It's a good deal. Deposit in full and an immediate $100 discount on your next cruise.

• 3 months later...
I will be going on the NCL Sun in March 2014.Can the Platinum members use the conceige lounge? Where is it on the Sun? Do you get 2 free specialty restaurants if there are 2 platinum members traveling together? How do you get the free behind the scene tour?

My husband and I each get a platinum member free dinner! So 2 dinners :D

I will be going on the NCL Sun in March 2014.Can the Platinum members use the conceige lounge? Where is it on the Sun? Do you get 2 free specialty restaurants if there are 2 platinum members traveling together? How do you get the free behind the scene tour?

Each platinum member gets dinner for 2 at LeBistro (or equivalent) and a bottle of wine with your meal. So two platinums get 2 dinners for 2. You should receive an envelope with coupons for the free meals, laundry, behind the scene tours etc. in your cabin along with your ship pins.

I don't believe there is a concierge lounge on the Sun.

Harriet

I will be going on the NCL Sun in March 2014.Can the Platinum members use the conceige lounge? Where is it on the Sun?....

There isn't really a "concierge lounge" on most of the NCL ships. In most cases, the concierge sets up his/her office in the Star bar or equivalent space during the day, and that bar is not even open for service in the morning. When the bar does open in the afternoon, it's still completely public.

This is different than the system we found on RCCL, where the concierge does indeed have a restricted entry lounge, where snacks and drinks are served.

The closest thing that I'm aware of to that is the Haven on some ships, such as the Epic, where the concierge desk is in the Haven, and there's also a bar and restaurant in there, just for suite and VIP cruisers.

Please try to add a couple of days either before or after your cruise. Seattle is a wonderful city to explore. During the summer of 2014 a lot of the waterfront area will be closed for a major construction project, but there is still lots to see and do. Just north of the Bell Street pier is the Seattle Space Needle left from the 1962 World's Fair. On a clear day, you can see a long way from the Observation Deck. There is a restaurant that revolves 360 degrees the lunch price is not bad, dinner is a different story. Have a great time.