Is formal night ever on a port day?

hotlipss

We are going on a 7 day cruise out of NYC with 4 ports we sail on a Saturday and on Sunday we are in Boston from 2-10 ...is there a chance that they might have that night as the first formal night?Im hoping not cause we are on a tour 7:30 and will miss our early dining...we sailed on Royal a couple of years ago and they did this I was not happy

It can be on a port day, but not while the ship is docked in port. If you are in port, 2-10 than it will not be that day. So it would only be on a port day where the ship left port earlier in the day before dinner and allowed enough time for people to get ready (like 2pm for example).

We are going on a 7 day cruise out of NYC with 4 ports we sail on a Saturday and on Sunday we are in Boston from 2-10 ...is there a chance that they might have that night as the first formal night?Im hoping not cause we are on a tour 7:30 and will miss our early dining...we sailed on Royal a couple of years ago and they did this I was not happy

It was on my S. Caribbean cruise.

On the Glory out of Boston, one of the formal nights was on a port day as we only had two sea days, one of which was the last night of the cruise. However, it was on a port day when everyone had to be onboard before first seating dinner.

We are on an 11 day repo and just wondering if anyone has had a formal night the last night, the same night you put your luggage out? I would think not, and never have had that happen, but our roll call thinks different.

After free drinks, and late dinner, how could one relax? Anyone?

We are on an 11 day repo and just wondering if anyone has had a formal night the last night, the same night you put your luggage out? I would think not, and never have had that happen, but our roll call thinks different.

We've been on lots of cruises on a variety of cruise lines and have NEVER had formal night the last night of the cruise.

LuLu

~~~~

We've been on lots of cruises on a variety of cruise lines and have NEVER had formal night the last night of the cruise.

LuLu

~~~~

Same here, that's what I thought!! I think our second formal will be a port day..........5 pm, the second to last night.

Thank you!:)

We have never had elegant night on our very last night onboard.

We've never had a Formal Night on EITHER the first or last night on any cruise.

On the first night suitcases sometimes take a while to get to cabins.

On the last night suitcases need to be put packed and put outside the cabin door.

LuLu

~~~~

Archived