Port canaveral hotel comparison

Calidoo

Does anyone have any opinions about Candlewood Inn & Suites and Radisson Resort at the Port? Also, which is closer to where Freedom of the Seas docks? Anything to do in the area before leaving on a cruise?

Does anyone have any opinions about Candlewood Inn & Suites and Radisson Resort at the Port? Also, which is closer to where Freedom of the Seas docks? Anything to do in the area before leaving on a cruise?

The Radisson is closer. I think the Candlewood is in Melbourne.

Check the Florida Departures board for more info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We like the Residence Inn in Cocoa Beach.

If you get there early enough, go to the port area and watch the ships leave. Most leave 4-5 pm. We usually go early and then stay for dinner at Fish Lips. Disney ship is always fun to watch because their horn is one of the Disney songs.

You can also go to the beach while there.

We always stay at the Radisson at the Port and will be again in February. It is very close, the rooms are clean, they have the sleep number beds so they are very comfortable. I can also say that their shuttle service to the port and back are phenominal! We won't stay anywhere else.

I prefer staying at Courtyard Marriott which is a little farther away, but has really neat places to walk to during the day including Ron Jons Surf Shop, open 24/7, The CocoaBeach Surf shop, eating establishments, and Beach Access! It is a little more expensive to stay here, but worth it. Take a cab or drive to and from Fishlips or The Grill for lunch if you want. The Courtyard Marriott is my go to place.

Archived