Verandah Cabins with shower only??

PASSENGERES

Anyone know whether HAL has shower cubicle only cabins (not bathtub with overhead showers), other than Interiors? We've heard very good things about Interiors but having no natural daylight is a deal breaker for us, and we do love our verandahs. Unfortunately, we can't afford to go to deluxe suites. We'd hate to have to change cruise lines, but it might be necessary if HAL can't accomodate our needs.

Anyone know whether HAL has shower cubicle only cabins (not bathtub with overhead showers), other than Interiors? We've heard very good things about Interiors but having no natural daylight is a deal breaker for us, and we do love our verandahs. Unfortunately, we can't afford to go to deluxe suites. We'd hate to have to change cruise lines, but it might be necessary if HAL can't accomodate our needs.

Check the deck plans for the ship you are interested in on HAL's website. Look for a verandah cabin with an * next to the cabin number. Those cabins have shower only. I found several for you when I checked a few of the ships. Yes, HAL can accommodate your needs. :D

We were looking at the Rotterdam for a cruise in December. We did check the deck plans and found only 2 "S" Cat. de luxe verandah staterooms, neither of which was available when we asked our TA to check about 6 weeks ago. We didn't see any shower only 'regular' verandah cabins at all, nor do I recall seeing any O/V cabins with shower. Probably some of the bigger HAL ships have a higher percentage of "shower only" cabins We think that's rather sad. In the meantime we have decided on another type of winter holiday for this year.

Main deck G2707, G2711. Also 2504 and 2505, but those are porthole cabins.

Thanks for reminding me about those O/V cabins at the fore and aft ends of the ship. Our T/A told us there were NO shower only cabins at all available on that sailing (not even "accessible"), and since we really wanted a verandah cabin anyway, we decided to let it go.

Next winter you might look at the Amsterdam. She and the Rotterdam are sister ships, but the Amsterdam has a lot of veranda cabins with shower only on the Veranda deck toward the front of the ship.

Thanks for that interesting info. I'm sure we'd love the Amsterdam and if she cruises in Europe we'll be more than happy to travel on her next year.

... the Amsterdam and if she cruises in Europe we'll be more than happy to travel on her next year.
Sorry, the next time the Amsterdam will be in Europe is when she passes through the Med on her GWV in Mar 2015.

Thanks for reminding me about those O/V cabins at the fore and aft ends of the ship. Our T/A told us there were NO shower only cabins at all available on that sailing (not even "accessible"), and since we really wanted a verandah cabin anyway, we decided to let it go.

Your TA should not even be looking at accessible cabins if you aren't disabled:(

Your TA should not even be looking at accessible cabins if you aren't disabled:(

Totally agree! And we certainly did not requested one. I believe it was just a remark made to stress the point about non-availability of shower only cabins on that sailing. However, our TA is aware that my husband has walking problems, uses a cane, and is now unable to use a bathtub-shower.

We did a VH gty on the Eurodam a few years ago and ended up in VC5180, it was a shower only verandah. I actually really liked it, and agree the bath is a waste of space!

Noordam has some verandahs with shower only, I also like them best, it is getting harder to climb over that darn tub!!

Noordam has some verandahs with shower only, I also like them best, it is getting harder to climb over that darn tub!!

We were in 4168 on the Noordam one time...another "shower only" cabin and we loved it. Tried to book a verandah w/shower only on the NA for our next cruise and they were all booked.

:):)

We were in 4168 on the Noordam one time...another "shower only" cabin and we loved it. Tried to book a verandah w/shower only on the NA for our next cruise and they were all booked.

Many thanks to you and to all others who have posted encouraging replies about availability of verandah cabins with shower only on various HAL ships. Now we need to study itineraries, dates, etc. and book as early as possible in order to receive one of them! Wouldn't it be wonderful if HAL decided to offer more of these cabins - it seems that they are very popular and indeed preferable to many cruisers.

I have to say I am getting a chuckle out of this thread! I have never had a bathtub on board a ship before and thought it was just wonderful the HAL has tubs in balcony cabins.

Now I am kind of worried that our gty cabin may have just a shower. Oh well...been there, done that...it won't diminish my joy of being at sea. But I'd sure like to have a tub for a change!

...and yes, you are all right...those shower stalls certainly don't take up any space. <ahem!> I, on the other hand, do take up some space.

...and yes, you are all right...those shower stalls certainly don't take up any space.

Ah, but the ones on HAL ships, at least those in the inside cabins, do!

The HAL showers are a generous size. That old joke about soaping the walls and spinning just doesn't work for HAL showers.

Archived